Bobby Bowden Respect

Advertisement
I have as much respect for this man as any one of ours. **** of a person, coach, leader, and on the field foe. The world lost a good one and they don't make them like him anymore. What a character and class act all through the years. The afterlife just got better with this guy in it.

I am a die hard Canes fan, but Bobby Bowden was/is the Greatest College Football Coach of all time. Coach Bowden changed the FSU Seminoles into a powerhouse, as well as the the landscape of college football forever. Coaches may come and go, but Mr. Bowden was a class act, and an icon (at least) to me. RIP Bobby Bowden! My condolences to entire Bowden family.

A dirty coach who committed some very hypocritical, if not dirty, actions against our program, including the exploitation of the murder of one of our players for recruiting purposes.
Some of you folks must be too young to remember his hypocrisy or just being sheep, bah-bahing with the rest of the ignorant drones who follow college football via ESPN.
Sorry, he was Filth.

Advertisement
And as for this dumb "he never refused to play us" trope that many of you spew, as if that makes him a great humanitarian of UM football....he played us because he needed to recruit soFla talent because otherwise he would have had to rely on the leftover scraps from uf and other SEC programs that took what talent there was from that ****hole end of the state.

And as for this dumb "he never refused to play us" trope that many of you spew, as if that makes him a great humanitarian of UM football....he played us because he needed to recruit soFla talent because otherwise he would have had to rely on the leftover scraps from uf and other SEC programs that took what talent there was from that ****hole end of the state.
He didn't need to play us to recruit south Florida. Plenty of teams get recruits from Miami and don't play us. He also didn't get leftover recruits from Florida and other SEC programs. Florida State was dominate at recruiting north Florida and south Georgia for twenty years.

He didn't need to play us to recruit south Florida. Plenty of teams get recruits from Miami and don't play us. He also didn't get leftover recruits from Florida and other SEC programs. Florida State was dominate at recruiting north Florida and south Georgia for twenty years.

He certainly did need to play UM in order to get that south Florida talent that was going to Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma and especially UF, which is why he needed UM on his schedule. I've been following soFla recruiting since the 1970s, known and played with teammates who were recruited by all of these schools. Sit this one out.

Advertisement
RIP ‘ol ball coach. Have to give Bobby his props, he never dodged Miami and we had some amazing battles with his FSU squads. Loved his press conferences just because he was so unique and a good ‘ol boy.

Thread ban

I'll never forgive Him for slandering Marlin's name, and Bowden was one of the biggest rape apologists there is.

Scumbag, but condolences to Him & His people.

I'll never forgive Him for slandering Marlin's name, and Bowden was one of the biggest rape apologists there is.

Scumbag, but condolences to Him & His people.

I can't believe how many mouth-breathing Mopes we have amongst our fan-base....probably raised on college football watching the propaganda garbage spewed by ESPn.

Advertisement
He certainly did need to play UM in order to get that south Florida talent that was going to Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma and especially UF, which is why he needed UM on his schedule. I've been following soFla recruiting since the 1970s, known and played with teammates who were recruited by all of these schools. Sit this one out.
Sorry, you're extremely biased based on your loyalty to Miami. Bowden's recruitment improved as his team's performance improved. Bowden recruited a lot of guys from south Georgia when that area was producing a ton of talent, guys like Charlie Ward. As his team got better he was able to pull players from areas not traditional to Florida State, like Miami. FSU's rise is similar to Miami's in that once we started cleaning up locally we were then able to pull guys from further areas. Bobby played us because he wasn't a coward and you play in your in-state rival school, no need to take that from him.

Advertisement
Sorry, you're extremely biased based on your loyalty to Miami. Bowden's recruitment improved as his team's performance improved. Bowden recruited a lot of guys from south Georgia when that area was producing a ton of talent, guys like Charlie Ward. As his team got better he was able to pull players from areas not traditional to Florida State, like Miami. FSU's rise is similar to Miami's in that once we started cleaning up locally we were then able to pull guys from further areas. Bobby played us because he wasn't a coward and you play in your in-state rival school, no need to take that from him.

Stop it, Bro.

The only time FSU's had success in recruiting SoFlo is when we had sanctions, or under the threat of sanctions.

When Miami's winning FSU gets shutout of SoFlo, period!!!

A dirty coach who committed some very hypocritical, if not dirty, actions against our program, including the exploitation of the murder of one of our players for recruiting purposes.
Some of you folks must be too young to remember his hypocrisy or just being sheep, bah-bahing with the rest of the ignorant drones who follow college football via ESPN.
Sorry, he was Filth.
That was NOT Bowden...it was Chuck Amato who dirtied Marlins name...and showed a bunch of recruits autopsy photos...thats 100% FACT

Advertisement
Back