Bob Stitt should be our next coach.

Now, a few years later, the sense of pride watching Holgorsen shred Clemson with it was undeniable. Stitt's wife, Joan, just rolled her eyes. She had been used to her husband calling her into the living room whenever a big-time college coach borrowed one of his wrinkles, and it became the running joke of the household. "There's my play!" he'd say. "So when are you going to get paid like those guys?" she'd respond.

Bob Stitt's offense: A college football gold mine

Advertisement
Now, a few years later, the sense of pride watching Holgorsen shred Clemson with it was undeniable. Stitt's wife, Joan, just rolled her eyes. She had been used to her husband calling her into the living room whenever a big-time college coach borrowed one of his wrinkles, and it became the running joke of the household. "There's my play!" he'd say. "So when are you going to get paid like those guys?" she'd respond.

Bob Stitt's offense: A college football gold mine

This dude has a chip on his shoulder and I like it.

He wants to prove he's big time.

In a few years, we'll probably be saying, "We could've had that guy for cheap."

Just like Patterson, Gus, etc...

Breaking how he recruits kids for his system (One can only wonder what he would do in South FLorida)
[video=youtube;FHohcaTziNQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHohcaTziNQ[/video]

Advertisement
He seems media savvy (well with FCS media, he seems very composed)
[video=youtube;vml428gW5LY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vml428gW5LY[/video]

During the halftime interview with Stitts he said NDSU wouldn't want to come out of the locker room. That is the first I have ever heard a coach talking smack at Halftime. An then he continued it during the press conference, ohhhh what a difference from AL Golden, but then again you can say almost anything at the lower levels of football and it won't make ESPN.

[video=youtube;GPJ4asyAkcY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPJ4asyAkcY[/video]

Advertisement
Advertisement
Butch Davis stitt's on Bob.

I would take Butch back in half a second, but I also like the idea of a guy who's on the cutting edge in terms of X's & O's.

This program was built on innovation: Howard and the pro style offense, Jimmy and the 4-3 defense, Dennis and the single back offense.

This program needs a dynamic thinker again.

He'd score 100 per game down here. Reminds me of Gus Malzahn, who is a guy I was pimping back when he was OC at Tulsa.

Stitt took a freshman QB and went out there and beat the 4 time defending FCS champs, who have a senior QB that the NFL is drooling over.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to NDSu now that Bohl has been gone two years.

This guy, Stitt, seems to be a really smart guy, and I really, really want a smart, offensive minded coach at UM. You get an offence that can score with ease, you can let the D tee off and take risks. SFLA talent would love to play for a guy like this.

Advertisement
He'd score 100 per game down here. Reminds me of Gus Malzahn, who is a guy I was pimping back when he was OC at Tulsa.

Stitt took a freshman QB and went out there and beat the 4 time defending FCS champs, who have a senior QB that the NFL is drooling over.

You and me both. I was praying Malzahn would get an interview here in 2010, but I knew it wouldn't happen.

This dude was winning conference titles at an intense engineering school. They have something like a 45% acceptance rate. He was recruiting against veritable junior colleges. One of the schools in his conference has over a 90% acceptance rate.

You and me both. I was praying Malzahn would get an interview here in 2010, but I knew it wouldn't happen.

This dude was winning conference titles at an intense engineering school. They have something like a 45% acceptance rate. He was recruiting against veritable junior colleges. One of the schools in his conference has over a 90% acceptance rate.

They only had one major and that major isn't exactly easy to do while playing football either.

Advertisement
Back