Bob Stitt should be our next coach.

From everything I can tell, we are doomed to suck forever, so we might as well be fun to watch while we go 7-5...

Advertisement
Now here is a name with some teeth. Jimmy Johnson had no ties to SoFlo. Dennis Erickson had no ties to Miami. If we only win 9 games sign this guy up.

Very impressed. Seems to win wherever he goes. He's the first guy Butch should call for OC when he gets hired lol... Seriously, I wouldn't be mad at the hire if it happens

His defenses certainly do Stitt the bed.

We already got one of those.

His defense actually played very well against 4 time defending champion and huge favorite NDSU. I watched the whole game and was amazed how his D held up. His DLine averaged 240 pounds versus NDSU's OL, which averaged 308 pounds.

Advertisement
The guy is a flat out offensive genius. This guy is like the Wizard of Oz of offensive football. All the alleged geniuses go to Stitt for advice. Just because he hasn't had a shot yet doesn't mean he wouldn't kill if he got one.

Chip Kelly was the OC at fcking New Hampshire before Oregon hired him. Let that sink in. All the geniuses on here would have been, "who the fck that fat little white boy from New Hampshire? What's UM doing hiring a coach from New Hampshire? He won't fit the culture here."

Stitt has already in 1 game at Montana pulled off a bigger upset than Folden has in 11 years as a HC.

I Stitt myself.

The guy is a flat out offensive genius. This guy is like the Wizard of Oz of offensive football. All the alleged geniuses go to Stitt for advice. Just because he hasn't had a shot yet doesn't mean he wouldn't kill if he got one.

Chip Kelly was the OC at fcking New Hampshire before Oregon hired him. Let that sink in. All the geniuses on here would have been, "who the fck that fat little white boy from New Hampshire? What's UM doing hiring a coach from New Hampshire? He won't fit the culture here."

Stitt has already in 1 game at Montana pulled off a bigger upset than Folden has in 11 years as a HC.

I Stitt myself.
This. The guy is the real deal and would be a great hire.

Advertisement
Don't know enough about him, but exactly the type of guy I pray we'd have the guts to hire. For those who claim he wouldn't fit in South Florida, you simply don't understand South Florida kids/recruits. They don't want a guy who understands their music or dress choices; so long as the coach understands their $ ambitions and helps them look good enough to get them closer.

Don't know enough about him, but exactly the type of guy I pray we'd have the guts to hire. For those who claim he wouldn't fit in South Florida, you simply don't understand South Florida kids/recruits. They don't want a guy who understands their music or dress choices; so long as the coach understands their $ ambitions and helps them look good enough to get them closer.

Agree on all of this.

We won't hire him, but he definitely fits what we need: a guy on the cutting edge. He SETS trends.

Gimme a smart coach with AWARENESS over a "south Florida guy."

**** it. Hire this man right now!

"I treat fourth-down conversions as a turnover," Stitt told me in 2012. "We were 58 percent on fourth down [in 2012], went for 36 of them. Our opponents went for 18. We’re a lot higher percentage than 58 when it’s fourth-and-5 or less. I’ll even go for it on fourth-and-8 when it’s a situation where we’re on the 50 or their 40.

"That’s a turnover! If you get it, it’s like the defense just got you the ball on their 50-yard line. We’ve got to be able to have confidence as an offense that -– hey, when we get around the 50, Coach is gonna go for it – and the defense has to have it in their head that, hey, they’re gonna go for it, and if they don’t get it, we have to get excited and make sure the opponent doesn’t get points out of it.

"Man oh man, it’s horrible for the opponent’s defense to get you on third down, and they’re all cheering, and then they stay out there. ‘Oh no, we’ve gotta stop them again.’ And then you get the first down. If it’s third-and-long, the QB knows to take what the defense gives them because Coach is probably going for it on fourth."

So yeah, he doesn't have to go anywhere. But I think curiosity will get to him at some point. As he told me two years ago, "I really wouldn't want to retire someday having not coached at that [FBS] level and seen if my stuff would continue to thrive. It has at every other level. I think it would be fun to get some kids who can really run and see what we can do."

Last edited:
Advertisement

Agree on all of this.

We won't hire him, but he definitely fits what we need: a guy on the cutting edge. He SETS trends.

Some of these dudes think we need to hire Flavor Flav in order to "reach" the S Florida player. Hire a guy who wins and puts them in the spotlight, and they'll flood in here.

Our most successful HCs over the years have been hayseeds from Arkansas and Oklahoma With no typical connections to s Florida culture or players. Win and you're all set.

Advertisement

Agree on all of this.

Some of these dudes think we need to hire Flavor Flav in order to "reach" the S Florida player. Hire a guy who wins and puts them in the spotlight, and they'll flood in here.

Our most successful HCs over the years have been hayseeds from Arkansas and Oklahoma With no typical connections to s Florida culture or players. Win and you're all set.

Exactly.

All the goofy "cool coach" stuff or the over-the-top "drill sergeant" stuff doesn't mean **** if you don't win.

Success breeds loyalty. We start hanging 60-burgers on Duke instead of eeking out 20-15 death struggles and the players will respond.

Man....Im thinking more and more this guy could make it big at Miami. If have some time you guys need to watch this. He address a variety of topics including his thoughts about his defense being exposed because of his offense, the importance of the running game, ect.

He also seems like an genuine, intelligent, thoughtful guy and he has some swag. He is a native of Nebraska, grew up around the husker football and talks about how it was important to him to go to a place were football is everything and his family feels safe. For this reason I don't think he would ever take the Miami job and expose his family to the perils of living in SFL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5DndcbbsUE

Last edited:
He is a native of Nebraska, grew up around the husker football and talks about how it was important to him to go to a place were football is everything and his family feels safe. For this reason I don't think he would ever take the Miami job and expose his family to the perils of living in SFL.

You don't think a guy making $175K/year would take the UM gig at $3M per? A guy who has been toiling in anonymity for years dying for a shot at the big time?

He is a native of Nebraska, grew up around the husker football and talks about how it was important to him to go to a place were football is everything and his family feels safe. For this reason I don't think he would ever take the Miami job and expose his family to the perils of living in SFL.

You don't think a guy making $175K/year would take the UM gig at $3M per? A guy who has been toiling in anonymity for years dying for a shot at the big time?

You can tell this guy WANTS to go to a bigger level and prove his system works. He said it himself:

"I really wouldn't want to retire someday having not coached at that [FBS] level and seen if my stuff would continue to thrive. It has at every other level. I think it would be fun to get some kids who can really run and see what we can do."

Advertisement
Back