Bob Stitt should be our next coach.

Why would we want a coach that's considered an offensive genius ? Why on earth would Um want to hire a guy that offensive gurus go to for advice?

We need an exciting , elite coach . Who can recruit and is a rock star.

Not a guy that can actually coach football , and knows what x's & o's are.
These same ***** are looking to hire wet blankets like Chud and *****in who have proven to be failures trying to run a program. They're also in love with Mark Stoops who has done nothing except recruit better than his predecessor.

Advertisement
For one thing *****, if you don't appreciate my post feel free to hit that ignore button but if wanted your lip I would knock the **** out of it.

Only potatoes ignore. Great hilarious reference to your favorite past-time, swatting at cacks. Keep up the good work.

Second I didn't make up sh:t I merely stated my opinion, just like every other poster does on this board, based on something Stitt said in his presser.

Your opinion is based on bullshat. I called you out for it. Move on potato.

Also, I recall us signing Randy Shannon to extension and letting him go the next year so it can be done.

Sure it can be done but it is counter-intuitive (google it). They re-signed him to keep him at Utah and off the market. We resigned RS, for stupid reasons, which include preventing a lame duck coach.

And I guess you know more about the inner workings at Utah than rumors floating around about him potential losing is job or leaving, please enlighten us

Even though we're in Tangent Land, the guy has been coaching at Utah (in some capacity) for 20 years and the HC since Urban left. The guy won a BCS game and 7 bowl games. My guess is they honor his track record and want this to continue in the future. Let's go to the statement from the school (see below)

"We are excited to come to terms on a contract extension for Coach Whitt and under his leadership, we're looking forward to a successful football season next fall and in the years to come," said Hill (director of athletics Dr. Chris Hill).

New Contract for Utah Football Coach Kyle Whittingham - The Official Athletic Site of the University of Utah

I'm on board with him or Butch. I doubt our incompetent administration will even give this guy an interview

He is a native of Nebraska, grew up around the husker football and talks about how it was important to him to go to a place were football is everything and his family feels safe. For this reason I don't think he would ever take the Miami job and expose his family to the perils of living in SFL.

You don't think a guy making $175K/year would take the UM gig at $3M per? A guy who has been toiling in anonymity for years dying for a shot at the big time?

First, that porster seems to be a potato.

Second, assume we only gave him 2M per season, he would be making 10+ times his annual salary at Montana. At a minimum he would be given 2-3 seasons at UM to get things back. How many years would it take to make 4M-6M in Montana? He may be dead first.

Also, Montana has state income tax whereas Florida has none.

Third, Stitt is 51 years old. Maybe he is dying for a real chance. That would be UM. Imagine what he could do on offense with South Florida players (even the second tier players).

Yeah, I guess you must be the master poster, enlighten me.

And I guess Miami is the only school that can offer him 2-3 mil, okay dude.

Also, Who ever said anything about him staying in Montanta, dumbass
He was at Colorado School of Mines for 10 years, and no one called. I doubt the world will be beating his door down after 1 year at Montana.

Where did you get the idea that the Utah job will be open. And comparing Illinois to UM is beyond nonsense.

ESPN had him rated number nine on their hot list and their are other rumors that job might be open. Moreover, they had rated him as having the least stability in the PAC.

Also I wasn't comparing Illinois to Miami.

Patience running thin for Golden at Miami - Travis Haney Blog - ESPN

Kyle Whittingham, Utah

Record at Utah: 85-43 (10 seasons)

Hot-seat turning-point games: Sept. 3 vs. Michigan, Oct. 10 vs. Cal, Nov. 28 vs. Colorado.

Let’s immediately be clear that Whittingham’s inclusion here isn’t specifically performance-based. The Utes won nine games last season in one of the top two divisions in the sport. Whittingham has done exemplary work helping Utah settle nicely into the Pac-12 in a relatively short time.

However, if issues persist between the coach and his athletic director, Chris Hill, Whittingham just might be the odd man out. Whittingham said issues concerning in-house tension were overblown, but what else was he going to say? It was awful? That he almost quit?

The Utes should again be a formidable, competitive Pac-12 team, but keep an ear to the ground about strife within the department.

But I guess condickliere, knows more than the writers at ESPN

Last edited:
Advertisement
Shut the **** up potatocane. Youre here trying to argue that some dude coaching at Montana wouldn't come to Miami. Just stop it.

LOL this team needs an elite experienced HC. Not a fancy OC. You people still don't get it after all these years.

He's been a head coach for a long-*** time.

He hasn't coached at the top level, but that doesn't mean he isn't legit.

Not every coach can come from a BCS program. Others work at inferior programs and have success after moving on.

OSU gives Jim Tressel a try, seemed to work.

Stanford gives Jim Harbaugh a try, seemed to work.

Don't know enough about him, but exactly the type of guy I pray we'd have the guts to hire. For those who claim he wouldn't fit in South Florida, you simply don't understand South Florida kids/recruits. They don't want a guy who understands their music or dress choices; so long as the coach understands their $ ambitions and helps them look good enough to get them closer.

I'm not talking about how he will mesh with the recruits personality wise. WGAF about that?

You have to be a cutthroat at the recruiting game to be successful in So Fla. Stitt isn't.

Advertisement
I'm not talking about how he will mesh with the recruits personality wise. WGAF about that?

You have to be a cutthroat at the recruiting game to be successful in So Fla. Stitt isn't.

Don't agree. You can be the slimiest snake-oil salesman on the planet, but if you don't win, you'll eventually be exposed as a fraud and the players will stop coming. You have to have something to sell. Kids will want to play in his offense. Assistant coaches do most of the day-to-day recruiting anyway.

He coaches an exciting offense. Recruits hate that ****. No way in **** would they want to play for a coach that scores 50 plus and calls over 90 plays on offense.

Where did you get the idea that the Utah job will be open. And comparing Illinois to UM is beyond nonsense.

Leave PotatoCane1 alone. He is busy swatting cacks and being a dolt.

Yeah Condickliere swatting ****s out of your mouth is no easy task

Here is your exact quote...

For one thing *****, if you don't appreciate my post feel free to hit that ignore button but if wanted your lip I would knock the **** out of it.
See potato, you're the cack swatter. You even admitted to being one.

Advertisement
Shut the **** up potatocane. Youre here trying to argue that some dude coaching at Montana wouldn't come to Miami. Just stop it.

Stitt would pogo stick here if we offered him. I don't know where these goofballs come up with some of their theories. He's also claiming Whittingham is on the hot seat at Utah. Utah is lucky to have that guy. The only way he leaves is if he wants to go somewhere else.

He is a native of Nebraska, grew up around the husker football and talks about how it was important to him to go to a place were football is everything and his family feels safe. For this reason I don't think he would ever take the Miami job and expose his family to the perils of living in SFL.

You don't think a guy making $175K/year would take the UM gig at $3M per? A guy who has been toiling in anonymity for years dying for a shot at the big time?

First, that porster seems to be a potato.

Second, assume we only gave him 2M per season, he would be making 10+ times his annual salary at Montana. At a minimum he would be given 2-3 seasons at UM to get things back. How many years would it take to make 4M-6M in Montana? He may be dead first.

Also, Montana has state income tax whereas Florida has none.

Third, Stitt is 51 years old. Maybe he is dying for a real chance. That would be UM. Imagine what he could do on offense with South Florida players (even the second tier players).

Yeah, I guess you must be the master poster, enlighten me.

And I guess Miami is the only school that can offer him 2-3 mil, okay dude.

Also, Who ever said anything about him staying in Montanta, dumbass
He was at Colorado School of Mines for 10 years, and no one called. I doubt the world will be beating his door down after 1 year at Montana.

I think he Bob Stitt would come to Miami for $1 million with another $800K in structured bonuses.

There were alot of schools that came calling over that time frame but he chose to stay at the Colorado school for Mines.
Here is a link to story about schools trying to get him to leave.
We finally got to watch Bob Stitt's offense. It was spectacular. - SBNation.com

To the point that school raised $21 Million in private funding an built new football facilities because of him which opened this July. An spending $21 million in DII is unheard of such a small school 5K students.

Here is a link to story about the Mines $21 million facility
New Griz coach Bob Stitt wasn't ready to make the jump from D-II for just any job : Griz Football

Go Canes

[video=youtube;Ckl-hdmjQmw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckl-hdmjQmw[/video]

Last edited:
Whoever we get, hire a coach that does more with less.

This dude was winning conference championships at a rigorous engineering school.

Advertisement
LOL this team needs an elite experienced HC. Not a fancy OC. You people still don't get it after all these years.

He's been a head coach for a long-*** time.

He hasn't coached at the top level, but that doesn't mean he isn't legit.

Not every coach can come from a BCS program. Others work at inferior programs and have success after moving on.

OSU gives Jim Tressel a try, seemed to work.

Stanford gives Jim Harbaugh a try, seemed to work.

Those 2 guys were sons of coaches with Tressell having extensive history in Ohio,
having won a ****load of games with many of his assistants moving on to other programs.
Harbaugh had a lighter coaching resume, but he played at all levels of football, assistant
coach on WKU team than won a title,etc.....it is very rare to see Div1AA coaches jump to
perrenial Div1A program and succeed right away.
Stitt's predeccessors at Montana, bolted to Wyoming and UNLV and both eventually got canned.
Montana is one of those programs where many coaches have won there.

I do think Stitt is cut from a different cloth though. I've been following him for awhile and
I think he can do it at a Power5 as long as the school that hires him provides him with the
resources to bring his guys, not just from Montana but from around the country to help
him adjust.

On the plus side, when you hire a Div1AA coach, he is coming from a smaller full-time staff,
so he has some flexibility in putting together his staff.

Stitt would not need to bring anyone with him from montana. Actually alot of UM's position coavhes are fin, for instancw OL, WR, TE, RB, LB (move to DB)are.all fine. So he would need a DC, OC/QB coach, DL, and LB.

Go Canes

Assuming Miami isn't the only school that would come calling, it doesn't seem like South Florida would be a fit for this guy and his family.

But who knows???

I'll say this, as I've said in other threads about potential HC candidates ... South Florida living is not for everyone. I know some of yall can't/don't/won't understand it ... But it's the truth. And when the money is comparable, it's about where the family fits best.

Assuming Miami isn't the only school that would come calling, it doesn't seem like South Florida would be a fit for this guy and his family.

But who knows???

I'll say this, as I've said in other threads about potential HC candidates ... South Florida living is not for everyone. I know some of yall can't/don't/won't understand it ... But it's the truth. And when the money is comparable, it's about where the family fits best.

No argument there.

Advertisement
Back