Blocked Punt

Advertisement
That actually was the case...Lictenstein didnt really attempt at all...an i have a hard time believing there were 9 guys on the field.
I feel like having D-lineman out there to block is also the wrong personnel. I assume the reason for having defensive lineman in punt protection is if the return team breaks one. You would want a d-lineman trying to make the tackle rather than an o-lineman. Maybe somebody with a coaching background can better explain.

Regardless, having d-lineman as the main blockers on the LOS cost us a few times this year. I know we had one blocked in the A&M game and I think there was another one. Can’t remember the game. Just give me starting or backup O-Lineman as the main guys on the LOS on punt protection.

Advertisement
We're both wrong cause I thought the pic posted was the same one I had so my b.

And I just saw this dumb narrative on twitter and came in here like a flying monkey on TRT
Keep Talking Idris Elba GIF

Advertisement
We’ve had multiple punts blocked this year and even more almost blocked. That’s not Schiano but nice way to deflect blame from Saint Mario
I literally just agreed with you lmao tf you talking about? the original post was about not having 11 man on the field, which was what I was disagreeing with. Our ST has been bad. Said it in another comment. Between punt blocks and bonehead Punt Returns, it's been atrocious.

@Manfred_Cane provided a better picture of all 11 guys on the field. Mods you could edit this thread or close it if you want. I have no idea why there are 2 personal protectors and 3 guys at the top of the screen.

Advertisement
I see 11, with the second pic. so if it was 11 out there on that play, then I stand corrected. If that’s the case, then good coaching on their part, and poor execution on our part, still. The upbacks whiffed and the punt was blocked.

Advertisement
JJ
I literally just agreed with you lmao tf you talking about? the original post was about not having 11 man on the field, which was what I was disagreeing with. Our ST has been bad. Said it in another comment. Between punt blocks and bonehead Punt Returns, it's been atrocious.
you sold it like it’s some Schiano voodoo instead of a coaching breakdown that should’ve been picked up live. Our punt team has been an issue all year. We literally almost had one blocked the previous punt

So we don't have a ST coach?

I think that was evident the last 2 years. Our special teams have been everything but special.

Advertisement
Back