Bleeding out

or they are actually working out bringing in someone - call him whatever you want- to oversee football. maybe a new AD, maybe a football GM. IDK what exactly. Get Blake removed first and then get rid of Manny.
Unfortunately, that is not a good reason to wait.

They can do that with Manny gone while also not having to suffer Manny continually bringing down the program.

Every day and every week Manny is here just brings the program down. The question of him being replaced kills recruiting, it will continue to degrade and effect the players and coaches, and kills the fanbase.

Firing Manny now (two weeks ago would have been better) can help energize recruiting, players, and fans. Dread is replaced with hope as we start to move forward.

Advertisement
Pls do not compare LSU’s desire to win and be elite with Miami’s
It’s apples to oranges comparison
Our admin has as much interest in a winning football team as maybe duke or vandy
I‘m not comparing or giving a opinion. Everyone in this program knows the deal. If you want to believe he’s not getting fired that’s on you friend.

Devils bargain hypothetical...

Would you accept if Blake James was moved out of the AD job to fundraising, Diaz became AD with no football responsibilities , and Highsmith was brought in as head of football ops but didn't answer to the AD?

Unfortunately, that is not a good reason to wait.

They can do that with Manny gone while also not having to suffer Manny continually bringing down the program.

Every day and every week Manny is here just brings the program down. The question of him being replaced kills recruiting, it will continue to degrade and effect the players and coaches, and kills the fanbase.

Firing Manny now (two weeks ago would have been better) can help energize recruiting, players, and fans. Dread is replaced with hope as we start to move forward.
I hear you but honestly, not sure how it energizes recruiting. Hopefully it would keep the remaining 7-8 guys committed . But there's no guarantee there - most of them committed to specific staff. Sounds like they are already tuned out to recruiting..

It's just the same thread over and over. Your thread is no diffetent than the other 100 just like it thats all Im saying. Nothing against you it's just the board is basically the same thread over and over again. Zero substance and nothing new.
And yet, here you are. No, I’m not saying leave, but let those of us who want to express our frustrations do so. Don’t like it? Don’t see anything of interest? Go to another thread for your own sanity.

Advertisement
qqa

Would you accept if Blake James was moved out of the AD job to fundraising, Diaz became AD with no football responsibilities , and Highsmith was brought in as head of football ops but didn't answer to the AD?
Gross.

I don't think that it could ever work. I think the only way is a clean cut. Lateral moves and demotions just breed contempt. A new coach coming in would not want that headache.

Advertisement
Manny will not be coaching at Miami next year. But I’m tired of herein the players have checked out when they fighting on the field. With a decent OC and DC, the players could have won the last two games.
Players going awol during practices is checked out. There’s guys here who have something to play for especially younger guys but if you don’t think there’s a good amount of guys checked out you’re crazy. **** , there’s coaches are checked out.

Last edited:
No reason to fire anyone when you don’t have a plan for a replacement…and the best plan we can hope for is no better than manny Diaz right now. We are competing against lsu and usc now

Advertisement
It's just the same thread over and over. Your thread is no diffetent than the other 100 just like it thats all Im saying. Nothing against you it's just the board is basically the same thread over and over again. Zero substance and nothing new.
Once again I apologize for putting you out. I think I’ve brought enough info here to put out the occasional stinker. So I’ll apologize one more time and will promise to do better.

Your understanding of sarcasm needs years of repair.
If it helps, even though I’m a hated Maude, I knew you were being sarcastic but if someone isn’t as familiar with you they might not read it the same way given the medium we’re in.

Advertisement
He’s definitely important, he’s the CEO of Camping World & one of the Billionaires on our Board Of Trustees.

He’s Dr. Frenkenstein & Flake James’s boss essentially, (well one of them).
Yea i know all that but some of the BOT don't have input into football program. Was hoping he was in that category. Judging from Diaz still being employed i think i have my answer.

d6078229fb7a683bd54ee51a43188501.gif

I don't think that would be ideal. Demoting people is typically not a the best way to build a successful culture within an organization. It would also probably be best for both BJ & CMD professionally as well to both move on.

I hear you but honestly, not sure how it energizes recruiting. Hopefully it would keep the remaining 7-8 guys committed . But there's no guarantee there - most of them committed to specific staff. Sounds like they are already tuned out to recruiting..
Well. fair enough. Energize may be a strong word for all recruits.

You will always lose recruits with a coaching change, but some recruits go from "I am out of here" to wait and see. Some may see the possiblilty of a real coach coming in (unless of course we hire another poor coach).

And the sooner the rumors of a big name coaching coming starts, it will give pause to a lot of recruits.

Advertisement
Back