Bleacher Says We Go 9-3

JSmoot

Redshirt Freshman
College Football 2017: Projecting the Record of Every Power 5 Conference Team | Bleacher Report

Final AP Poll Ranking: 20

Completing the ACC head-to-head table brought an unexpected result. Is Miami a 10-win team despite losing Brad Kaaya?

Not only has the program regularly suffered at least one bad loss in recent seasons, but the receiving group is also unproven behind Ahmmon Richards, and cornerback depth is lacking. But following mass departures at Virginia Tech and North Carolina, the new secondary isn't quite as scary.

After playing Florida State in mid-September, Miami's toughest ACC games are almost exclusively at home. The Hurricanes aren't yet built for a national run, but 2017 feels like the year they finally win the Coastal Division.

Projected Record: 9-3 (6-2 ACC)

So.. they assume a loss at Doak and another loss.. it would still give us a 13 game record including bowl game. Oi. ****ty reporting continues.

Advertisement
Can't really push back on their rationale - we're still a question mark at QB and lost two big offensive weapons (Njoku and Coley) plus one of the best #2 RBs in the country (Yearby). Herndon will fill the TE well as will Homer at RB, but we're still without a solid #2 WR. The defensive secondary scares me, but our front 7 more than makes up for it.

I can't say with a straight face "10-2 or 11-1" unless I ignore the major question marks we have, especially on offense. Our schedule is set up for a great season, but will we get the performance we need from new starters?

I hear you, Ace. And agree.
Just saying that if they're assuming ACCG, it would be 14 games total.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I hear you, Ace. And agree.
Just saying that if they're assuming ACCG, it would be 13 games total.

Gotcha. I look at our schedule like this:
- I see seven games that I deem to be near certain wins: BCC, Ark State, Toledo, Duke, GT, Syracuse and Virginia
- I see one game that bothers me a little that we should win but could lose: Pitt (away, colder weather, well coached, possibly distracted if ACCCG locked up)
- I see four games that will be very competitive: FSU, UNC, VT and ND

UNC and VT took a huge step back but are always a threat. Part of me wants to believe we will blow ND out, but they are a very confusing team - no clue how good they'll be next year.

I gotta be honest, if I had to chose between 11-1 with a loss to FSU versus 10-2 with a win over FSU, I think I'd have to go with 10-2. I've been to the last 5 FSU games and watched us give away at least 3 of them, and it's the biggest, ugliest monkey I've ever had on my back.

"Projected Record: 9-3 (6-2 ACC)"

This means that they have us losing to Notre Dame. GTFOH!!!

LOL Bleacher Report is the Al Golden of coaching. 12-0, grow some balls. The pastor and Menny is about to unleash the unwavering violence on both sides.

Advertisement
I'll take 9-3 under only ONE condition:

That record is good enough to make it to the ACCG.
We win the ACCCG.
We win the bowl game.
We finish 11-3 and in the top 10ish.

Otherwise, 9-3 is a failure.

9 wins is going to be the concensus number put out by most prognosticators because of our QB situation and because it's a lazy safe number to throw against the wall. And good ol' Bleacher Report is the laziest and dopiest of the bunch.

Anything less than 10 wins, a Coastal title and solid ACCCG & bowl game performances is a failure. I don't care if we're running the wildcat with Jon Richt starting at QB. We've done the 9 win/solid bowl performance deal. Replicating that would be a regression- expecially with this schedule.

Advertisement
I lost interest when it said "recent seasons". We are not the same team we were "seasons" ago.

Advertisement
I'll take 9-3 under only ONE condition:

That record is good enough to make it to the ACCG.
We win the ACCCG.
We win the bowl game.
We finish 11-3 and in the top 10ish.

Otherwise, 9-3 is a failure.

What I would like to see:

- Beat FSU (either in the regular season or ACCCG)
- Win the Coastal
- Play a competitive ACCCG
- A noteworthy and competitive bowl appearance against a Top-10 Team
- Reaching 10 wins
- Establish a starting QB prior to Week 3

Beat FSU, Notre Dame, UNC & Va Tech...

Win the got **** Coastal...

Be competitive in the ACCCG...

And win another big high profile Bowl game.

That's what needs to happen this season.

Advertisement
Back