Bleacher Says We Go 9-3

I'll take 9-3 under only ONE condition:

That record is good enough to make it to the ACCG.
We win the ACCCG.
We win the bowl game.
We finish 11-3 and in the top 10ish.

Otherwise, 9-3 is a failure.

So if we make it to the ACCCG you expect to beat FSU or Clemson? We certainly aren't as talented or deep as those teams.

9-3 with loss in ACCCG and bowl win is 10-4. That's a success with a 1st year starting QB and loads of talent coming in. I can't remember the last time we won 10 games. Maybe 2003?

2018 = 10-2

Advertisement
Can't really push back on their rationale - we're still a question mark at QB and lost two big offensive weapons (Njoku and Coley) plus one of the best #2 RBs in the country (Yearby). Herndon will fill the TE well as will Homer at RB, but we're still without a solid #2 WR. The defensive secondary scares me, but our front 7 more than makes up for it.

I can't say with a straight face "10-2 or 11-1" unless I ignore the major question marks we have, especially on offense. Our schedule is set up for a great season, but will we get the performance we need from new starters?

I'm sorry did you say Yearby was one of the top 2 running backs in the country?

Welcome to opening day, hereeeee's the first pitch....anddddd the seasons over.

9-3 is probably going to be the generic "I don't pay too much attention to Miami football" national prognostication. Let's be real. When a team loses a three year starter and face of the program at QB and replaces him with ???, most national pundits aren't going to be too high on them. Add to that big name losses in Njoku and Coley plus unknowns in the defensive backfield and it's easy to see why most writers will go with the "Richt has them improving but they're not that good yet" angle. Also, I don't remember the last time Miami went an entire season without losing at least one game to a bad team.

Advertisement
My prediction:

vs. FAMU - Win
@ Ark State - Win
@ FSU - Loss (killing myself typing this), but could go either way depending on qb play.
vs. Toledo - Win
@ Duke - Win
vs. Ga. Tech - Win
vs. Syracuse - Win
@ UNC - Win
vs. Va. Tech - Win (close game)
vs. ND - Win (close game)
vs. UVA - Win
@ Pitt - Win (close game)

I feel like we will probably drop one of those "close games," but anything less than 10 wins will be an utter failure in my book, regardless of the fact that we have a new qb. I mean...our defense should win us 9-10 games alone with a cupcake schedule like this.

Non-conference games are relatively easy; getting Notre Shame at home makes it easier. On top of that, our toughest conference game vs. Vaj. Tech is at home.

We achieved 9 wins last year, which is why that win total should be the basement floor and not the ceiling for next years team.

11-1 loss to Pitt. Then lose to FSU in Acccg cause we are tired, recovering from loss to Pitt. Win bowl putting us at 12-2, final ranking #11

My prediction:

vs. FAMU - Win
@ Ark State - Win
@ FSU - Loss (killing myself typing this), but could go either way depending on qb play.
vs. Toledo - Win
@ Duke - Win
vs. Ga. Tech - Win
vs. Syracuse - Win
@ UNC - Win
vs. UVA - Win

I feel like we will probably drop one of those "close games," but anything less than 10 wins will be an utter failure in my book, regardless of the fact that we have a new qb. I mean...our defense should win us 9-10 games alone with a cupcake schedule like this.

Non-conference games are relatively easy; getting Notre Shame at home makes it easier. On top of that, our toughest conference game vs. Vaj. Tech is at home.

We achieved 9 wins last year, which is why that win total should be the basement floor and not the ceiling for next years team.

Who fvcked up and let that happen? I thought at best we'd get another "neutral site" game 2 towns over from south bend.

Your picks look pretty good. What I'd like to see this year is us not drop any games we should win. I know it's a new staff, but I need to see that monkey off our backs before I can really believe. No losing to unc or god help me pitt. And for the love of all that's holy, don't let uva within 55 minutes of a win.

Advertisement
My prediction:

vs. FAMU - Win
@ Ark State - Win
vs. Toledo - Win
@ Duke - Win
vs. Ga. Tech - Win
vs. Syracuse - Win
@ UNC - Win
vs. UVA - Win

Who fvcked up and let that happen? I thought at best we'd get another "neutral site" game 2 towns over from south bend.

Your picks look pretty good. What I'd like to see this year is us not drop any games we should win. I know it's a new staff, but I need to see that monkey off our backs before I can really believe. No losing to unc or god help me pitt. And for the love of all that's holy, don't let uva within 55 minutes of a win.

Totally agree. We should technically blow out everybody in the Coastal, except for Vaj. Tech and maybe UNC, but I know we have historically dropped at least 2 games to teams that we should destroy. I don't want to see any bad losses this year; that would be a step in the right direction.

I hear you, Ace. And agree.
Just saying that if they're assuming ACCG, it would be 13 games total.

Gotcha. I look at our schedule like this:
- I see seven games that I deem to be near certain wins: BCC, Ark State, Toledo, Duke, GT, Syracuse and Virginia
- I see one game that bothers me a little that we should win but could lose: Pitt (away, colder weather, well coached, possibly distracted if ACCCG locked up)
- I see four games that will be very competitive: FSU, UNC, VT and ND

UNC and VT took a huge step back but are always a threat. Part of me wants to believe we will blow ND out, but they are a very confusing team - no clue how good they'll be next year.

I gotta be honest, if I had to chose between 11-1 with a loss to FSU versus 10-2 with a win over FSU, I think I'd have to go with 10-2. I've been to the last 5 FSU games and watched us give away at least 3 of them, and it's the biggest, ugliest monkey I've ever had on my back.

Absolutely agree about the FSU thing and pretty much everything else. Honestly though, I'm not too worried about UNC this year. They lost **** near every offensive weapon they had, as well as the only hope they had at fielding a good defense in Chizik. VT is a different story, but it will be interesting to see whether or not Fuente can pull another good QB out of his ***, not to mention replacing his best two receiving threats in Ford and Hodges.

Advertisement
Advertisement
10 Reg season wins, a place in the ACCCG. Loss in the ACCCG, win a January Bowl game. 11-3 final record, imho.

Allow me to recap for those who have quickly forgotten this past season. Miami was one poorly reffed game (fsu), one terribly reviewed TD (unc) and one uncovered fumble recovery by Jamal Carter (nd) from being a 12 win team. The only team we got demolished by was VTech and that was cause the injury bug and lack of depth. I'm not screaming 15-0 from the mountains like some *** clowns on here but the success of our team literally rested on the turn of maybe 6 plays IMO last year in YEAR ONE of Richt. People casually forget that his uga staffs didn't have answers at every coaching position like right now. They normally lacked from one side of the ball to the other. This man has checked the box on every position coach outside of TE. This team SHOULD have more than 10 wins next year even AFTER the departures.

BR is *** CHEEKS as a pub btw.

Allow me to recap for those who have quickly forgotten this past season. Miami was one poorly reffed game (fsu), one terribly reviewed TD (unc) and one uncovered fumble recovery by Jamal Carter (nd) from being a 12 win team. The only team we got demolished by was VTech and that was cause the injury bug and lack of depth. I'm not screaming 15-0 from the mountains like some *** clowns on here but the success of our team literally rested on the turn of maybe 6 plays IMO last year in YEAR ONE of Richt. People casually forget that his uga staffs didn't have answers at every coaching position like right now. They normally lacked from one side of the ball to the other. This man has checked the box on every position coach outside of TE. This team SHOULD have more than 10 wins next year even AFTER the departures.

BR is *** CHEEKS as a pub btw.

Most seasons rest on the turn of a handful of plays.

Advertisement
Back