Bleacher Says We Go 9-3

Allow me to recap for those who have quickly forgotten this past season. Miami was one poorly reffed game (fsu), one terribly reviewed TD (unc) and one uncovered fumble recovery by Jamal Carter (nd) from being a 12 win team. The only team we got demolished by was VTech and that was cause the injury bug and lack of depth. I'm not screaming 15-0 from the mountains like some *** clowns on here but the success of our team literally rested on the turn of maybe 6 plays IMO last year in YEAR ONE of Richt. People casually forget that his uga staffs didn't have answers at every coaching position like right now. They normally lacked from one side of the ball to the other. This man has checked the box on every position coach outside of TE. This team SHOULD have more than 10 wins next year even AFTER the departures.

BR is *** CHEEKS as a pub btw.

Most seasons rest on the turn of a handful of plays.

True but those felt different. Walton TD run against fsu was top 5 play of the year potential. Carter lands and secures a ball punched out on the goal line and that game is over. The refs utilize ALL their camera angles against unc that's a dub much like Ohio state/Michigan in OT.

Advertisement
My prediction:

vs. FAMU - Win
@ Ark State - Win
@ FSU - Loss (killing myself typing this), but could go either way depending on qb play.
vs. Toledo - Win
@ Duke - Win
vs. Ga. Tech - Win
vs. Syracuse - Win
@ UNC - Win
vs. Va. Tech - Win (close game)
vs. ND - Win (close game)
vs. UVA - Win
@ Pitt - Win (close game)

I feel like we will probably drop one of those "close games," but anything less than 10 wins will be an utter failure in my book, regardless of the fact that we have a new qb. I mean...our defense should win us 9-10 games alone with a cupcake schedule like this.

Non-conference games are relatively easy; getting Notre Shame at home makes it easier. On top of that, our toughest conference game vs. Vaj. Tech is at home.

We achieved 9 wins last year, which is why that win total should be the basement floor and not the ceiling for next years team.
We play Bethune first game... Not that it matters, still gonna drop 70 lol

My prediction:

vs. FAMU - Win
@ Ark State - Win
@ FSU - Loss (killing myself typing this), but could go either way depending on qb play.
vs. Toledo - Win
@ Duke - Win
vs. Ga. Tech - Win
vs. Syracuse - Win
@ UNC - Win
vs. Va. Tech - Win (close game)
vs. ND - Win (close game)
vs. UVA - Win
@ Pitt - Win (close game)

I feel like we will probably drop one of those "close games," but anything less than 10 wins will be an utter failure in my book, regardless of the fact that we have a new qb. I mean...our defense should win us 9-10 games alone with a cupcake schedule like this.

Non-conference games are relatively easy; getting Notre Shame at home makes it easier. On top of that, our toughest conference game vs. Vaj. Tech is at home.

We achieved 9 wins last year, which is why that win total should be the basement floor and not the ceiling for next years team.
We play Bethune first game... Not that it matters, still gonna drop 70 lol

Lol, my bad. I think of all FCS teams in the same way.

I'm as hopefully as the next guy, but..... everyone is ignoring the elephant in the room. We have to replace statisitcly one of the best QBs that's walked through UMs door. You can tell by CMRs comments that all previous QBs on the roster aren't very good. We are either gonna rely on Weldon or Perry. Also we have to integrate two new players in Dean and Citadel kid to our system. Not to mention breaking in 2 new safeties.

Young has one CB

Dean or Delaney the other and nickel

Bandy could push for nickel

JJ at FS

SS is the only ? On defense and LB depth

Offense. OL has to be better. Can't be worse.

QB question. And our WRs are fiyah

11-3

Last edited:
Advertisement
FSU, VT, UNC, PITT will be our hardest games. Split these 2-2 or 3-1

ND at home = WIN

10-2 or 11-1 should be realistic goal.

Worse Case - 9-3 and Win the Bowl Game, Top 3 recruiting class

Can't really push back on their rationale - we're still a question mark at QB and lost two big offensive weapons (Njoku and Coley) plus one of the best #2 RBs in the country (Yearby). Herndon will fill the TE well as will Homer at RB, but we're still without a solid #2 WR. The defensive secondary scares me, but our front 7 more than makes up for it.

I can't say with a straight face "10-2 or 11-1" unless I ignore the major question marks we have, especially on offense. Our schedule is set up for a great season, but will we get the performance we need from new starters?

Not to mention our oline is still a huge question mark. Outside our front seven on defense everywhere is a question mark

Can't really push back on their rationale - we're still a question mark at QB and lost two big offensive weapons (Njoku and Coley) plus one of the best #2 RBs in the country (Yearby). Herndon will fill the TE well as will Homer at RB, but we're still without a solid #2 WR. The defensive secondary scares me, but our front 7 more than makes up for it.

I can't say with a straight face "10-2 or 11-1" unless I ignore the major question marks we have, especially on offense. Our schedule is set up for a great season, but will we get the performance we need from new starters?

Not to mention our oline is still a huge question mark. Outside our front seven on defense everywhere is a question mark

Finally just as I was about to start typing it someone else does..

I haven't seen one word about this trash can oline that is still in front of us.. and we have a brand new quarterback whom knowing richt is gonna be welden or perry behind it

I don't like it

I'm as hopefully as the next guy, but..... everyone is ignoring the elephant in the room. We have to replace statisitcly one of the best QBs that's walked through UMs door. You can tell by CMRs comments that all previous QBs on the roster aren't very good. We are either gonna rely on Weldon or Perry. Also we have to integrate two new players in Dean and Citadel kid to our system. Not to mention breaking in 2 new safeties.

That's funny because in my experience you're one of the most "glass is completely empty, knocked to the floor and shattered into a million pieces" posters around.

Advertisement
FSU, VT, UNC, PITT will be our hardest games. Split these 2-2 or 3-1

ND at home = WIN

10-2 or 11-1 should be realistic goal.

Worse Case - 9-3 and Win the Bowl Game, Top 3 recruiting class

It's time to stop pretending that pitt is somehow a scary team. We've had more trouble with Virginia and I don't see anyone wringing their hands over that game.

Do you remember what they were saying about Corn last spring as well???? I would wait it out, guy can coach, I like our chances with Richt leading the team with a new qb. We are going to have tons of pieces around this new qb.

Advertisement
Come on guys... Lets see who's driving the car first.

9/3 is realistic with a new QB, but is it enough to win coastal? Our history says no, as tie breakers have killed us in the past.

10 and 2... The kid's on fire and we are competing with FSU again for all the marbles, a ship and a better bowl.

but too soon pick

Two things will determine whether Miami wins nine games or 11+ next year. One is obviously the quarterback. We've got some talent but it's all really young. The veterans are all limited ceiling guys. The other (probably the most important) thing is improved o-line play. We saw them shuffle the lineup last season that lead to improved production. With a talent infusion and another year of experience for the returners, the line should be significantly better. If it's not, Searls needs to get canned. Improved line play can mask inexperience at quarterback and running back. If the offensive line can go from liability to strength, Miami can compete for the ACC title and should easily be a top 10 team.

Can't really push back on their rationale - we're still a question mark at QB and lost two big offensive weapons (Njoku and Coley) plus one of the best [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 [/URL] RBs in the country (Yearby). Herndon will fill the TE well as will Homer at RB, but we're still without a solid [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 [/URL] WR. The defensive secondary scares me, but our front 7 more than makes up for it.

I'm sorry did you say Yearby was one of the top 2 running backs in the country?

Nope. I said "one of the best #2 (aka, backup) RBs in the country". Not sure how anyone can disagree with the fact that we had a backup/#2 RB who ran over 1000 the previous season and was averaging almost 6.0 ypc in his career at UM.

SEASON ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG TD
2016 102 608 6.0 64 7 10 65 6.5 14 0
2015 205 1002 4.9 41 6 23 273 11.9 52 2
2014 86 509 5.9 62 1 8 118 14.8 47 1

Advertisement
Can't really push back on their rationale - we're still a question mark at QB and lost two big offensive weapons (Njoku and Coley) plus one of the best [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 [/URL] RBs in the country (Yearby). Herndon will fill the TE well as will Homer at RB, but we're still without a solid [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 [/URL] WR. The defensive secondary scares me, but our front 7 more than makes up for it.

I'm sorry did you say Yearby was one of the top 2 running backs in the country?

Nope. I said "one of the best #2 (aka, backup) RBs in the country". Not sure how anyone can disagree with the fact that we had a backup/#2 RB who ran over 1000 the previous season and was averaging almost 6.0 ypc in his career at UM.

SEASONATTYDSAVGLNGTDRECYDSAVGLNGTD
2016 1026086.064710656.5140
2015 20510024.94162327311.9522
2014 865095.9621811814.8471
Lol riiiiiiight

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Everybody seems to be talking about the QB situation but most teams competing for the ACC title in 2017 have unclear QB competitions outside of F$U.

So I don't really see it as the elephant in the room as others do, especially in the Coastal. IT is pretty much an even playing field when teams like UNC, VT, GA Tech all have no idea what their QB situation will look like either.

I would bet the over/under for wins will be around 8.5 or 9. As long as qb play is decent, we win 10 at least. Anything more is a blessing and will sew up a top 5 recruiting class. Then in 2018...watch out.

Advertisement
Back