Bleacher Report 2019 Mock Draft: 3 Canes in first round

Advertisement
The fact of that matter is he was regarded as a potential 1st round pick before his junior season , you asked me what NFL scouts said that and I provided the proof . Or did I just make up that article ?

All the other bull**** you talkin about I really don’t care . Don’t give af about your past user name either

You're so dumb it hurts my head. Journalists are not NFL scouts, so please stop acting like you're proving anything (even if it is the most irrelevant part of the argument, it's still not true). This "bull****" is me proving you wrong over and over. You spent the whole time trying to say I was a newbie and that this was all hindsight. When I prove you wrong, you say you don't care. You should be a viewer, not a poster.

Great fit from a length standpoint. Jackson has long arms and Seattle under this regime has never drafted a cornerback with sub-32 inch arms.

However, they have also not drafted a cornerback in the early rounds, let alone the first round.

The Seahawk drafting tendencies under Carroll and Schneider are very clear cut. They have many tendencies they don't deviate from, which is what allows the Seahawk draft bloggers like Rob Staton to isolate the likely targets with great accuracy. This year the spotlight on his blog for more than six months was running back, yet somehow outsiders were surprised when Seattle drafted a running back in the first round.

The only surprise there was Staton preferred Ronald Jones of USC above Rashaad Penny of San Diego State. I think he was correct there, because Ronald Jones was among the three backs who fit Kent Hullamania's running back criteria of quickness and yards after contact. The other two were Darius Guice and Roc Thomas:

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/...ictive-to-success-relative-to-draft-position/

Awsi do you think Shaquem will play will or strong safety ?

Lol I agree With the money part but he clearly can play rb at a high level

No question he can & most likely will be a RB in the NFL. Just saying if he’s willing to gamble on himself I think he can be an ELITE DB. Just my two cents.

No question he can & most likely will be a RB in the NFL. Just saying if he’s willing to gamble on himself I think he can be an ELITE DB. Just my two cents.
I don’t know but he does have a knack for being a good tackler on special teams

Advertisement
You're so dumb it hurts my head. Journalists are not NFL scouts, so please stop acting like you're proving anything (even if it is the most irrelevant part of the argument, it's still not true). This "bull****" is me proving you wrong over and over. You spent the whole time trying to say I was a newbie and that this was all hindsight. When I prove you wrong, you say you don't care. You should be a viewer, not a poster.
Where did you prove me wrong ? Was Kaaya seen as a first rounder after his sophomore year or not ? The answer is yes, he was. That’s it, period. Just because you think you’re smarter than everyone and assume everyone else just regurgitates things that Peter said doesn’t mean Kaaya wasn’t seen as a potential first rounder after his soph year, because he was. It’s really that simple.

If you want to nitpick about journalist and nfl scouts and blah blah blah that’s your problem. But the two names you hear with mock drafts literally every year are Kiper and McShay . I’m certain they have a pulse on what NFL scouts are saying and who they’re looking at. Both were quoted as saying Kaaya was a potential 1st rounder. You said he wasn’t. You’re wrong. You can’t see that so I’m done discussing this with you. Don’t even bother responding, please

Where did you prove me wrong ? Was Kaaya seen as a first rounder after his sophomore year or not ? The answer is yes, he was. That’s it, period. Just because you think you’re smarter than everyone and assume everyone else just regurgitates things that Peter said doesn’t mean Kaaya wasn’t seen as a potential first rounder after his soph year, because he was. It’s really that simple.

If you want to nitpick about journalist and nfl scouts and blah blah blah that’s your problem. But the two names you hear with mock drafts literally every year are Kiper and McShay . I’m certain they have a pulse on what NFL scouts are saying and who they’re looking at. Both were quoted as saying Kaaya was a potential 1st rounder. You said he wasn’t. You’re wrong. You can’t see that so I’m done discussing this with you. Don’t even bother responding, please

I really hope that someone reads what you write and it inspires them to get an education. Maybe some good will come of this.

Paid to stay? Really? Clemson shelling out millions now? C'mon, man.

The bag game might entice a senior in high school to sign somewhere. It's not large enough to keep first rounders from going to the NFL.

You don't understand how it works.

It's not just a bag to come. It's a bag that comes every month to the family - and they get used to that extra. And the deal up front is that the bags will come every month - if they agree to stay.

KId wants to leave early - the family is all over that - the kid will definitely be blowing their monthly income - and his chances at making even more money in the draft if he stays - well, it's pretty simple math.

It's not just a bag to come. It's a bag that comes every month to the family - and they get used to that extra. And the deal up front is that the bags will come every month - if they agree to stay through their senior year. $56,000 per year, or a thousand a week is very doable - and over five years comes to $280,000.00 - nothing to sneeze at.

If it's a top, top recruit and the booster has the money, he can pay out $112,000 per year, or $2.000 per month to the family. It's easy to pay out, easy on the booster, and when you start throwing around $560,000 over five years to play and get their degree - eyes get wide!

KId wants to leave early - the family is all over that - the kid will definitely be blowing their monthly income - and his chances at making even more money in the draft if he stays - well, it's pretty simple math.

Advertisement

It's not just a bag to come. It's a bag that comes every month to the family - and they get used to that extra. And the deal up front is that the bags will come every month - if they agree to stay.

Sorry, but there is zero chance that any school is paying any kid enough money to preclude them from entering the Draft when they're already a 1st round grade. You mention "chances at making even more money in the draft if he stays" and we're talking about guys who had 1st round grades for last week's draft. These guys are staying at Clemson because they want a shot at a title and don't expect to get injured. Clemson paid the insurance policy for Deshaun Watson and is doing it again for these linemen (up to $10M in coverage). I seriously cannot believe there are people who think Clemson has the resources/willingness to pay guys that would have gone in the 1st round to stay another year. You're talking millions.

Insurancy policy

Sorry, but there is zero chance that any school is paying any kid enough money to preclude them from entering the Draft when they're already a 1st round grade. You mention "chances at making even more money in the draft if he stays" and we're talking about guys who had 1st round grades for last week's draft. These guys are staying at Clemson because they want a shot at a title and don't expect to get injured. Clemson paid the insurance policy for Deshaun Watson and is doing it again for these linemen (up to $10M in coverage). I seriously cannot believe there are people who think Clemson has the resources/willingness to pay guys that would have gone in the 1st round to stay another year. You're talking millions.

Insurancy policy

That's the deal. I stay one more year, momma makes a good living - I get more experience, I get better, I improve my draft stock - and I don't get bad-mouthed when NFL reps come asking questions.

The insurance policies certainly help. As do the chances for a National Championship.

A lot of players from poorer families love their mommas - and after all, it's only a year. They know if they're likely in the first two rounds this year - if they ball out - they may make the first round. Not counting the one-time bags to former coaches, preacher, and other influences in their lives who will tell them to make the wise long-term decisions.

If this didn't work - juniors would be leaving Alabama and Georgia wholesale - every year. But they don't.

Because this just works.

Nope
Joe Jackson 82 tackles 23 tfls 15 sacks
Nick bosa 63 tackles 23tfls 13.5 sacks

I'd like to believe that you know you can't completely evaluate just based on raw stats, but you're a dimwit, so I'm sure you actually don't know that.

I'd like to believe that you know you can't completely evaluate just based on raw stats, but you're a dimwit, so I'm sure you actually don't know that.
Joe Jackson’s dline that he played on led the country in sacks and was top 3 in tfls. What else is there to evaluate on ?Fans always trying to act like our guys ain’t sh*t when the truth of the matters is joe Jackson outproduced all of the other top Des in his class including rashaun gary in particular thoroughly.

Advertisement
Joe Jackson’s dline that he played on led the country in sacks and was top 3 in tfls. What else is there to evaluate on ?Fans always trying to act like our guys ain’t sh*t when the truth of the matters is joe Jackson outproduced all of the other top Des in his class including rashaun gary in particular thoroughly.

I think Joe Jackson is an easy first rounder, I just think Nick Bosa is better. That's not acting like our players are ****. Is that so difficult for you to understand?

We have a good DL for sure. Ohio State has/had a better one. If all you're using to argue is raw stats, then it's fairly obvious you don't have much of an idea of what you're talking about.

I think Joe Jackson is an easy first rounder, I just think Nick Bosa is better. That's not acting like our players are ****. Is that so difficult for you to understand?

We have a good DL for sure. Ohio State has/had a better one. If all you're using to argue is raw stats, then it's fairly obvious you don't have much of an idea of what you're talking about.
They didn’t last year as they ranked behind Miami’s dline in statistics that matter the most sacks, tfls and just disruption period.

So let me get this straight osu had less sacks and tfls but they had a better dline than us? Foh with that nonsense. Productions matters and I’m not going to anoint a group who was outproduced by a fair margin with Miami playing 1 less game than everyone else too

So I’m interested in hearing your rationale, tell me exactly how they were better and or Joey bosa being better than joe Jackson for that matter. And fyi joe Jackson has better size 6’5 265, better speed , athleticism and has been more productive than bosa

They didn’t last year as they ranked behind Miami’s dline in statistics that matter the most sacks, tfls and just disruption period.

So let me get this straight osu had less sacks and tfls but they had a better dline than us? Foh with that nonsense. Productions matters and I’m not going to anoint a group who was outproduced by a fair margin with Miami playing 1 less game than everyone else too

So I’m interested in hearing your rationale, tell me exactly how they were better and or Joey bosa being better than joe Jackson for that matter. And fyi joe Jackson has better size 6’5 265, better speed , athleticism and has been more productive than bosa

Why don't you ask the NFL what they thought, since that is what this thread is about. Their DL guys got drafted before ours did. I mean, it's not rocket science.

Production depends on a lot of things, especially scheme. Diaz runs a highly aggressive scheme, and it can inflate numbers. Jackson is a very good pass rusher, but still occasionally struggles setting an edge. His technique needs a lot of work yet. He's still raw. And he's still most likely a first rounder! I think Joe is really good. I just think Bosa is more well-rounded and better overall.

Advertisement
Kudos to Mike Jackson. He will have a solid senior year too. I remember people saying he was not UM caliber!

Advertisement
Back