Bleacher Report 2019 Mock Draft: 3 Canes in first round

Yeah typically when people have their best season their draft stock falls, I totally get your logic.
He had his best season statistically. But it was clear by his play he wasn’t an elite QB . Kind of like how Malik broke the TD record this year even tho he’s not elite in any way. After his solid freshmen and sophomore years he was seen as a solid, smart, young QB with prototypical NFL size and all the tools and weapons around him to make the jump to elite, he just didn’t . And his lack of mobility didn’t become so glaring until his junior year . Did you just start watching Miami football? Stop acting slow

Advertisement
MJackson to Seattle actually seems like a great fit

Great fit from a length standpoint. Jackson has long arms and Seattle under this regime has never drafted a cornerback with sub-32 inch arms.

However, they have also not drafted a cornerback in the early rounds, let alone the first round.

The Seahawk drafting tendencies under Carroll and Schneider are very clear cut. They have many tendencies they don't deviate from, which is what allows the Seahawk draft bloggers like Rob Staton to isolate the likely targets with great accuracy. This year the spotlight on his blog for more than six months was running back, yet somehow outsiders were surprised when Seattle drafted a running back in the first round.

The only surprise there was Staton preferred Ronald Jones of USC above Rashaad Penny of San Diego State. I think he was correct there, because Ronald Jones was among the three backs who fit Kent Hullamania's running back criteria of quickness and yards after contact. The other two were Darius Guice and Roc Thomas:

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/...ictive-to-success-relative-to-draft-position/

He had his best season statistically. But it was clear by his play he wasn’t an elite QB . Kind of like how Malik broke the TD record this year even tho he’s not elite in any way. After his solid freshmen and sophomore years he was seen as a solid, smart, young QB with prototypical NFL size and all the tools and weapons around him to make the jump to elite, he just didn’t . And his lack of mobility didn’t become so glaring until his junior year . Did you just start watching Miami football? Stop acting slow

Yeah I just started watching, thanks for catching me up. Where's the Peter Ariz **** cup that you guys are passing around, so I can try to understand how any of that makes sense? You say he could've been a first rounder, puts up better numbers and more wins, and say "it was clear" that he didn't make the imaginary jump you thought he'd make. For some of us "it was clear" the whole time.

Yeah I just started watching, thanks for catching me up. Where's the Peter Ariz **** cup that you guys are passing around, so I can try to understand how any of that makes sense? You say he could've been a first rounder, puts up better numbers and more wins, and say "it was clear" that he didn't make the imaginary jump you thought he'd make. For some of us "it was clear" the whole time.
Who tf is talking about Peter ? Yal new mfs some weird goofy mfs man . You got it tho ‘Pickle Richt’ 😂

Advertisement
You don’t know that and I dont Either . You acting like a he a scrub or something . He’s easily better than most safeties we have had outside of a handful since 2010 for sure. Last year was his first season as a safety and outside of a few games he was good for majority of the season

Ok maybe the smh was excessive but my point was that average starters in college don't get drafted. The draft is for standouts and Redwine doesn't have any NFL traits. He's too stiff to cover man2man (see Wisconsin game), he takes bad angles in the run game too often, and he's just not a physical presence. Being "easily better" than Robert Knowles doesn't make a you a draftable prospect.

KC McDermott was a multi-year starter who had a lot of good film at LT last year. He went undrafted because of poor athletic traits. You're underestimating the standards of the NFL draft if you think every upperclassman Cane who plays a role will get drafted.

Great fit from a length standpoint. Jackson has long arms and Seattle under this regime has never drafted a cornerback with sub-32 inch arms.

However, they have also not drafted a cornerback in the early rounds, let alone the first round.

The Seahawk drafting tendencies under Carroll and Schneider are very clear cut. They have many tendencies they don't deviate from, which is what allows the Seahawk draft bloggers like Rob Staton to isolate the likely targets with great accuracy. This year the spotlight on his blog for more than six months was running back, yet somehow outsiders were surprised when Seattle drafted a running back in the first round.

The only surprise there was Staton preferred Ronald Jones of USC above Rashaad Penny of San Diego State. I think he was correct there, because Ronald Jones was among the three backs who fit Kent Hullamania's running back criteria of quickness and yards after contact. The other two were Darius Guice and Roc Thomas:

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/...ictive-to-success-relative-to-draft-position/

STFU you bloviating ***aloon

Advertisement
Wouldn't be surprised if Willis finds his way into the 1st round - if he plays to his potential and stays healthy.

Here you go talking about Peter again . You miss em ? You didn’t get much time with him huh ?

Why would I miss him? All he did was make people like you parrot off his info/opinions. Bet you thought Perry was the next big thing too lol. And I've been here longer than this user name, find something else to talk about, if you can.

Penny and Jones II are two very different types of backs, as you know well since you follow USC. Interestingly, Penny and the guy Miami took in the 4th - Ballage - both played well at the Senior Bowl and Ballage was actually timed faster, despite being 6'2" 230 lbs. I think Seattle really reached with Penny, but I'd take him all day over Jones II.

I'm very intrigued by how Miami uses Ballage and think he may be Miami's best draft pick other than Fitzpatrick.

Why would I miss him? All he did was make people like you parrot off his info/opinions. Bet you thought Perry was the next big thing too lol. And I've been here longer than this user name, find something else to talk about, if you can.
Seems like you do. You’ve mentioned him twice all your own. I really don’t care about Peters opinion(which was wrong a good amount of the time) nor do I even recall what his opinion on Kaaya was. It seems you paid more attention to his opinions than I did. You’re insinuating I think that Kaaya was actually deserving of a 1st round pick. I never said that . I said it wasn’t far fetched for him to be projected there in early mock drafts after his sophomore season. Many NFL scouts thought the same.

And yes I thought Perry was going to be better than he is turning out to be so far. My bad I’m not a professional scout like you. Which team do you scout for again ? I missed where you mentioned it .

Advertisement
Seems like you do. You’ve mentioned him twice all your own. I really don’t care about Peters opinion(which was wrong a good amount of the time) nor do I even recall what his opinion on Kaaya was. It seems you paid more attention to his opinions than I did. You’re insinuating I think that Kaaya was actually deserving of a 1st round pick. I never said that . I said it wasn’t far fetched for him to be projected there in early mock drafts after his sophomore season. Many NFL scouts thought the same.

And yes I thought Perry was going to be better than he is turning out to be so far. My bad I’m not a professional scout like you. Which team do you scout for again ? I missed where you mentioned it .

I've mentioned him because that's the only reason you'd think he was a potential first round pick. What NFL scout said that he was a potential first round pick, the same one that said Kyle Wright or Stephen Morris were future #1 picks? I'm not a professional scout, I'm a professional in something else, but I trust my eyes more than some "practice reports". The job is done on the field, not on Greentree. Kaaya never showed the balls or moxie to prove he was worth an NFL roster, let alone a franchise QB top tier pick. The only reason one would think otherwise is because they were drinking the Ariz koolaid. I don't know what Perry will be either, but I wasn't going to think he's a future hall of famer based off Pete like you guys did. I'll wait until I see him play with the lights on first.

I've mentioned him because that's the only reason you'd think he was a potential first round pick. What NFL scout said that he was a potential first round pick, the same one that said Kyle Wright or Stephen Morris were future #1 picks? I'm not a professional scout, I'm a professional in something else, but I trust my eyes more than some "practice reports". The job is done on the field, not on Greentree. Kaaya never showed the balls or moxie to prove he was worth an NFL roster, let alone a franchise QB top tier pick. The only reason one would think otherwise is because they were drinking the Ariz koolaid. I don't know what Perry will be either, but I wasn't going to think he's a future hall of famer based off Pete like you guys did. I'll wait until I see him play with the lights on first.
SHow me where people are saying Perry is a future HOF. Since you supposedly see people dying that based off what Peter said. Quote one post saying Perry is a future hall of famer. If you can’t just shut yo *** up already .

Here is a link to an entire article , one of many, about Kaaya possibly being a 1st rounder. Took 10 seconds to find in a google search
https://www.google.com/amp/www.sun-...1-in-2017-mock-drafts-20160503-story,amp.html

But yea go ahead and keep acting like Peter was the only one saying it based off of practice reports. It’s easy for you to say all this **** in hindsight now that it’s all said and done . . He was regarded as a potential 1st round pick by many and that’s a fact

I think Homer’s $ position is DB still. If I was him that’s what I’d go to the NFL as. RB’s get used & abused & make **** compared to DB’s.

Advertisement
SHow me where people are saying Perry is a future HOF. Since you supposedly see people dying that based off what Peter said. Quote one post saying Perry is a future hall of famer. If you can’t just shut yo *** up already .

Here is a link to an entire article , one of many, about Kaaya possibly being a 1st rounder. Took 10 seconds to find in a google search
https://www.google.com/amp/www.sun-...1-in-2017-mock-drafts-20160503-story,amp.html

But yea go ahead and keep acting like Peter was the only one saying it based off of practice reports. It’s easy for you to say all this **** in hindsight now that it’s all said and done . . He was regarded as a potential 1st round pick by many and that’s a fact

I'm trying to help you see the stupidity in your statement, but I guess you just don't want to see it. His junior year was no different than his previous years, in fact it was better. Don't know how else to paint this picture for you. I was on here as "hughhoney" before, and this opinion is not in hindsight whatsoever. Keep grasping at those straws though, you might get one.

I think Homer’s $ position is DB still. If I was him that’s what I’d go to the NFL as. RB’s get used & abused & make **** compared to DB’s.
Lol I agree With the money part but he clearly can play rb at a high level

I'm trying to help you see the stupidity in your statement, but I guess you just don't want to see it. His junior year was no different than his previous years, in fact it was better. Don't know how else to paint this picture for you. I was on here as "hughhoney" before, and this opinion is not in hindsight whatsoever. Keep grasping at those straws though, you might get one.
The fact of that matter is he was regarded as a potential 1st round pick before his junior season , you asked me what NFL scouts said that and I provided the proof . Or did I just make up that article ?

All the other bull**** you talkin about I really don’t care . Don’t give af about your past user name either

Advertisement
Back