Blake James speaks on the season

Advertisement
AD sets the culture. Major fail...
Athletic directors do set the standards. That’s the coaching staffs Job. They are not the head of the football program. **** most successful ADs have no background in Football. It’s about hiring the correct ppl to run their athletic program. Any ADvthat tries to micro manage the everyday operations of a particular sports program is more than like gunna fail. That’s been a problem at UM that predates Blake James..yet here we are hanging on to these quotes as if there’s something negative about them

Honestly..I read the quote on the Unc and Clemson games..and unless you straight don’t like the guy (99.9 percent of the board) I didn’t find anything wrong with that quote. He said it’s disappointing to lose to anyone we play..isn’t that how we all feel..just going off these idk what’s the big deal
Its the excuse making for me.

And also a lack of awareness that we didn't just lose to UNC. We got SMACKED in a critical game that cost us an Orange Bowl spot.

Not expecting him to nor would I want him to rip Manny a new one in an interview. It just comes off that he chucks that loss as just another L in this crazy game of foolsball and You win some, you lose some and thats how the cookie crumbles.

His answer about the UNC game is downright frightening.

Feels like no matter how much good news we get, as long as this guy is the AD it really won't matter. He is an absolute loser (and a primarily a hockey guy btw).

He's a tremendous loser.

Before Richt was hired, I sent him a tweet encouraging him to get us an IPF. That POS replied by stating I should send the first check. LOL

He's always been an incompetent shill. Nothing significant will change until he's gone.

Advertisement
I guess if he said he was so disappointed we are firing everyone and spending a zillion dollars to sign Urban Meyer there would still be those here saying it should be Saban or Dabo not Urban and of course those who still want Butch...sigh! If the U was a corporation and the new CEO made the improvements Diaz made from last year to this year he'd get a raise.

Vanilla answers.

The only insight is that Blake expects Manny to make adjustments.
8D8D289C-A13A-4F98-83FA-EA7D3E329A0B.gif

Its the excuse making for me.

And also a lack of awareness that we didn't just lose to UNC. We got SMACKED in a critical game that cost us an Orange Bowl spot.

Not expecting him to nor would I want him to rip Manny a new one in an interview. It just comes off that he chucks that loss as just another L in this crazy game of foolsball and You win some, you lose some and thats how the cookie crumbles.
Exactly what excuse did he make in that quote? If your talking about the Covid **** well I can show far more proven HCs who absolutely failed at managing that situation. If we are talking about the UNC and Clemson quotes exactly what excuse did he make? He literally said he was disappointed in those losses.

I’m a firm believer in not being a prisoner of a moment. Especially If that means a irrational sense of expectations. That doesn’t mean anyone in that building should expect to lose. But they also shouldn’t expect it to just change overnight. As a fanbase we have high standards. But you’d think after 15 years we’d realize the landscape has changed and we need to work our way back to accomplish sustained success. So tripping off these particular quote is quite frankly strange

Last edited:
Athletic directors do set the standards. That’s the coaching staffs Job. They are not the head of the football program. **** most successful ADs have no background in Football. It’s about hiring the correct ppl to run their athletic program. Any ADvthat tries to micro manage the everyday operations of a particular sports program is more than like gunna fail. That’s been a problem at UM that predates Blake James..yet here we are hanging on to these quotes as if there’s something negative about them
My brother im just giving a point of view. The glorified lawyer that was there before him dodnt much either as per football. With that said, James has had an opportunity to leave hos mark. From a football program winning on the field perspective. He hasn't moved the needle....

Advertisement
Runs even deeper; the University of Miami's Board of Trustees and overall attitude of football is the cancer and Blake James is the symptom.

It's the BoT that is "satisfied" with James—overlooking his lack of football prowess because he checks off a few good boxes as a fundraiser.

Having a non-football president like Dr. Julio Frenk is no win for the program, either.

So many tried to celebrate him being a "hands-off" guy—as it's better than a non-football "meddler" type actively sabotaging the program—but having a passive president not actively trying to better the football department; no victory in that, either.
Bingo, bingo, bingo! Give this guy a prize! Blake was hired by somebody!!

Runs even deeper; the University of Miami's Board of Trustees and overall attitude of football is the cancer and Blake James is the symptom.

It's the BoT that is "satisfied" with James—overlooking his lack of football prowess because he checks off a few good boxes as a fundraiser.

Having a non-football president like Dr. Julio Frenk is no win for the program, either.

So many tried to celebrate him being a "hands-off" guy—as it's better than a non-football "meddler" type actively sabotaging the program—but having a passive president not actively trying to better the football department; no victory in that, either.
Yup.

Blake James is a suit who is beholden to the BoT. As long as we're "pretty good" then he doesn't have much to say. He isn't set on championship-level football; he's set on a "pretty good" product on the field and a ranking at the beginning and end of the year. As long as we have that, he's content and he's "done his job." In his mind, we finished the season with only 2 losses, so what's the problem?

I believe the BoT doesn't care about football, which is why they continue to keep this clown AD around whom also doesn't really care about football either, which is why we're always going to be "meh" and won't be able to compete with other cut-throat programs out there who know what it takes to win. To your point, I would be surprised if Julio Frenk even knows the rules of American football.

My brother im just giving a point of view. The glorified lawyer that was there before him dodnt much either as per football. With that said, James has had an opportunity to leave hos mark. From a football program winning on the field perspective. He hasn't moved the needle....
Bruh this **** ain’t gunna change overnight. Elite coaches ain’t falling off every tree. And there’s nothing only 2 sure fire guys. Ones Saban and the other is urban. Next tier, Kelly, jimbo, Dabo..then Franklin, day and OUs HC. After that it’s a crap shoot to find a guy who can run a program at the sustainable level of success we look for. That’s not an excuse but a fact. So off a 8-2 szn, with recruiting trending in a good direction we pick these quotes to bash a guy? Literally have posters whose question is “give me an example of King being a leader” and my favorite recent thread that questions why manny and the staff chose to celebrate Kings decision to return on social media..these are the things being discussed lol **** is weird bruh. The source of This thread included

Advertisement
He's a tremendous loser.

Before Richt was hired, I sent him a tweet encouraging him to get us an IPF. That POS replied by stating I should send the first check. LOL

He's always been an incompetent shill. Nothing significant will change until he's gone.
Sounds like he has the same snotty wiseass attitude that characterizes most of the people in the administration of this clown college. No respect for students, alumni, or fans. It was like this in the '60's when I was there and I can see nothing has changed. Bunch of money grubbing dip****s. I wonder where all that Ivy League level tuition money ends up. It's sure not improving the academics or athletics at all.

Exactly what excuse did he make in that quote? If your talking about the Covid **** well I can show far more proven HCs who absolutely failed at managing that situation. If we are talking about the UNC and Clemson quotes exactly what excuse did he make? He literally said he was disappointed in those losses.

I’m a firm believer in not being a prisoner of a moment. Especially If that means a irrational sense of expectations. That doesn’t mean anyone in that building should expect to lose. But they also shouldn’t expect it to just change overnight. As a fanbase we have high standards. But you’d think after 15 years we’d realize the landscape has changed and we need to work our way back to accomplish sustained success. So tripping off these particular quote is quite frankly strange
“At the same time we won eight games and I’m very happy with the success that we had on the field and the success we had overall. I want to win all our games. I guess what I’m saying is I’m not any more disappointed in the loss to North Carolina coming on Dec. 12th than I would have been had we lost to them on Oct. 9."

Lack of awareness. Losing to them when we did cost us a trip to the Orange Bowl not to mention it.continues a trend of losing big, national spotlight games. It absolutely makes a difference that we lost to them in December and not October. It was literally the biggest game we played the entire season.

He said he was disappointed. Okay is that like when Sisan Collins says she disappointed? He's been saying he disappointed for almost a decade. Its safe and meaningless.

There's also the part where the AD of the University of Miami is gloating about beating the CUSA champion UAB.

You're right, we shouldn't be a prisoner of the moment. This is more than a moment. This is a trend of downplaying expectations and embracing mediocrity from a loser AD. If you wanna cape for Blake and see the interview as no big deal, cool. Good to know.

I dont expect us to be National Champions any time soon, but I do expect us to not get embarrassed by teams like UNC. The blasé attitude to the losses from the top are an indicator as to why it continues to happen. There is an approach as if there are no stakes to wins and losses that is worrisome.

Advertisement
He’s probably a hockey guy because he went to mankato state up here in MN. The only things you get there is drunk or what the locals call, “the kato clap”. Fun little college town but don’t think Flake James partook in such things. Also a sh*t school that takes any dumb dumb kid who can afford to pay the tuition. Not saying people from schools like that can’t be successful, but I don’t get how someone from there went on to be AD at the U of Miami.. that’s so random.
Easy. He was a dumb*** cheap hire that the BOT a-holes could control.

Bruh this **** ain’t gunna change overnight. Elite coaches ain’t falling off every tree. And there’s nothing only 2 sure fire guys. Ones Saban and the other is urban. Next tier, Kelly, jimbo, Dabo..then Franklin, day and OUs HC. After that it’s a crap shoot to find a guy who can run a program at the sustainable level of success we look for. That’s not an excuse but a fact. So off a 8-2 szn, with recruiting trending in a good direction we pick these quotes to bash a guy? Literally have posters whose question is “give me an example of King being a leader” and my favorite recent thread that questions why manny and the staff chose to celebrate Kings decision to return on social media..these are the things being discussed lol **** is weird bruh. The source of This thread included
On the HC topic, we can always find a diamond in the rough. So hyping all those cats you mentioned are not my style. On the rest you posted, it's spot on. This place is full of miserable random fans. We can acknowledge that the AD department hasn't put football first since they put the bball team in its place as a priority and joined the Big East.

Advertisement
Back