Blake James speaks on the season

Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s probably a hockey guy because he went to mankato state up here in MN. The only things you get there is drunk or what the locals call, “the kato clap”. Fun little college town but don’t think Flake James partook in such things. Also a sh*t school that takes any dumb dumb kid who can afford to pay the tuition. Not saying people from schools like that can’t be successful, but I don’t get how someone from there went on to be AD at the U of Miami.. that’s so random.

Advertisement

His answer about the UNC game is downright frightening.

Feels like no matter how much good news we get, as long as this guy is the AD it really won't matter. He is an absolute loser (and a primarily a hockey guy btw).

Honestly..I read the quote on the Unc and Clemson games..and unless you straight don’t like the guy (99.9 percent of the board) I didn’t find anything wrong with that quote. He said it’s disappointing to lose to anyone we play..isn’t that how we all feel..just going off these idk what’s the big deal

Advertisement
Vanilla answers.

The only insight is that Blake expects Manny to make adjustments.
chess GIF

Advertisement
I’ve said it all along — James is the cancer; Diaz is a symptom.

Runs even deeper; the University of Miami's Board of Trustees and overall attitude of football is the cancer and Blake James is the symptom.

It's the BoT that is "satisfied" with James—overlooking his lack of football prowess because he checks off a few good boxes as a fundraiser.

Having a non-football president like Dr. Julio Frenk is no win for the program, either.

So many tried to celebrate him being a "hands-off" guy—as it's better than a non-football "meddler" type actively sabotaging the program—but having a passive president not actively trying to better the football department; no victory in that, either.

He’s probably a hockey guy because he went to mankato state up here in MN. The only things you get there is drunk or what the locals call, “the kato clap”. Fun little college town but don’t think Flake James partook in such things. Also a sh*t school that takes any dumb dumb kid who can afford to pay the tuition. Not saying people from schools like that can’t be successful, but I don’t get how someone from there went on to be AD at the U of Miami.. that’s so random.
He was also an Associate AD at another U of M -- Maine. To his credit their Hockey teams did quite well during his tenure.

He still routinely hosts players from those squads at UM games. Hockey is in his DNA. He couldn't be further removed from football, especially down in the South.

Every competent AD has a short list not only of potential HCs but assistants. I doubt James could name you 2 OCs or DCs with no ties to Miami.

Advertisement
Back