Blake James isn't going anywhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Perhaps "Kelly" informed the OP that "she" would make life difficult for them if they did not come out in support of her cuck, I mean husband. Look at that paw draped over his little shoulder....scary
DN1I-9iX4AAyEF2
man hands.gif

Since taking over as the University of Miami’s Director of Athletics in 2013, Blake James has transformed The U, spearheading significant advances in all aspects of the department, including in student-athlete support, facility upgrades, ticket sales, broadcast capabilities, academic achievement as well as in the number of postseason appearances.

Soooo...

Football...the operative word is "appearances". UM has APPEARED in a bowl game every year since Beta Blake took over, losing all but one. But does Beta Blake get credit for "significant advances" in the "number of postseason appearances"? Well, I guess if you ignore the fact that we took self-imposed bowl bans in 2011 and 2012, it COULD look like an "advance" in the "number" of postseason appearances. Outside of those 2 self-imposed bans, Miami made a bowl game in every year except 1 since 1998. PUSH.

Men's Basketball...since Blake took over, we have gone to 3 NCAA tourneys and 1 NIT tourney (2015-2018) and missed ever since (we would not have gone anywhere in 2020 even if they had tourneys). 4 out of 8 seasons. Then you compare the Beta Blake Era to the preceding 16 seasons, when we went to the post-season 12 times (6 NCAAs, 6 NITs). Sorry, Beta Blake...FALSE.

Women's Basketball...in 8 seasons, we have gone to 6 tourneys (5 NCAAs, 1 WNIT) from 2014-2019. In the preceding 16 seasons, we went to 10 post-season tourneys (6 NCAAs, 4 NITs). PUSH.

Baseball...five post-season appearances in 8 years, though the 2020 season really didn't happen/count. However, prior to Beta Blake, Miami made the prior 16 post-seasons (actually, the prior FORTY-ONE post-seasons). Sorry, Beta Blake, FALSE.

Not sure where Beta Blake's Biographer is getting this "significant advance" in the "number of postseason appearances". Under Beta Blake, we have gone backwards in Men's Basketball and Baseball, and we are just about even in Football (factoring out the self-imposed bowl bans) and Women's Basketball.

The surge in the Coker, Shannon, Golden years was the lasting effects of people familiar with 2000-2001-2002 teams. Just like recruiting. We still had a #1 class under Shannon because the kids in that class were impressionable during those years. Became fans.

Then they came to school and graduated. It may take 4-6 years to see results and an upswing but the results last 4-6 years after that.

You don't win in 2001 and then surge up the academic rankings in 2002. There's a lag.
Then why did that tide keep rising after the program cratered, almost a full decade afterwards? No, it couldn't have been Dr. Shalala's fundraising, which brought more world class faculty, it couldn't have been Miami doing a ton in regards to outreach to qualified students, and it sure couldn't have been the fact that Miami was one of the few top end private schools that gave out merit aid like candy, making them the most cost efficient option for middle class kids that weren't poor enough to qualify for aid at peer institutions. No, it was a football program, a program that the typical Miami student doesn't give a **** about, the only reason they show up to games is to get wasted. It's even worse with basketball.

Never mind the fact that even when times are good, the student body at Miami doesn't really give a **** about the athletic department. Have you ever been on campus? Have you ever looked at the demographics of our student body? The typical Miami student only cares when the product is compelling and there's some buzz, and that's a best case scenario. Even when L got the basketball program rocking, no one gave a **** until Duke or UNC came to town, and we had a fair number of students that actively rooted for those schools.

People like you are so desperate to cling to a myth that can be disproven by not only logic, but decades of examples, you'll come up with anything. If athletics truly were the boon you believe, than the SEC would be far and away the best academic conference, considering that they've been solid for decades at this point. They aren't, they are solidly behind the B1G, ACC and Pac-12.

Where are the 2019-2021 ticket sales numbers for the basket and football. That's great with what the tennis/track and other individual sports for the championships. How much money did those bring in. If the basketball, baseball and football are competing for championships I guarantee you would see more money coming in from donations.

Advertisement
Perhaps "Kelly" informed the OP that "she" would make life difficult for them if they did not come out in support of her cuck, I mean husband. Look at that paw draped over his little shoulder....scary
DN1I-9iX4AAyEF2

I follow Cosa Nostra rules. Family should be off limits. James is fair game because this is the life he chose, but his spouse isn't paid by the university. Just my personal ethos.

DN1I-9iX4AAyEF2

At least his kid doesn't have to shop at Baby Gap like Beta Blake does...got his mom's gigantic genes...

Advertisement
Then why did that tide keep rising after the program cratered, almost a full decade afterwards? No, it couldn't have been Dr. Shalala's fundraising, which brought more world class faculty, it couldn't have been Miami doing a ton in regards to outreach to qualified students, and it sure couldn't have been the fact that Miami was one of the few top end private schools that gave out merit aid like candy, making them the most cost efficient option for middle class kids that weren't poor enough to qualify for aid at peer institutions. No, it was a football program, a program that the typical Miami student doesn't give a **** about, the only reason they show up to games is to get wasted. It's even worse with basketball.

Never mind the fact that even when times are good, the student body at Miami doesn't really give a **** about the athletic department. Have you ever been on campus? Have you ever looked at the demographics of our student body? The typical Miami student only cares when the product is compelling and there's some buzz, and that's a best case scenario. Even when L got the basketball program rocking, no one gave a **** until Duke or UNC came to town, and we had a fair number of students that actively rooted for those schools.

People like you are so desperate to cling to a myth that can be disproven by not only logic, but decades of examples, you'll come up with anything. If athletics truly were the boon you believe, than the SEC would be far and away the best academic conference, considering that they've been solid for decades at this point. They aren't, they are solidly behind the B1G, ACC and Pac-12.
Look at some of the SEC schools starting to drive up their academic rankings. Alabama in particular. We're supposed to be ranked high because of all of the aforementioned themes that you just mentioned regarding a primary investment to education, faculty, staff, financial aid, and research resources.. and the fact that we're a private school and that's the point.

However, the standards for admission to the University of Alabama are going through the roof because everyone wants to attend the school because of the publicity received via football. The standards for test scores and GPA continue to rise because they're taking a similar amount of enrollment but have upped their applicants XX%. You get and can take better applicants. Their president and admissions has even credited much of that to Nick Saban and the football program.

It's not too hard to conclude that the current state of affairs in the athletic department is right in line with the drop in academic rankings. Among other things such as the worst president we've had in my lifetime.

@SFbayCane, is this is senility in age or a troll who needs to be clamped?

I’ll wait.

A little.

People can hate the opinion that fraggle is stating but he's just reiterating what the social justice types on the board of distrustees would state regarding our estrogenated AD.

The guy has failed at the 3 major sports but to blake james' credit, his fundraising results combined with his love of male reproductive organs makes him a favorite of the majority of the BOT. For those reasons fraggle thinks its better to focus only on a coaching change. I do not share that opinion but Im not seeing any problems with him citing that opinion as his own.

Look at some of the SEC schools starting to drive up their academic rankings. Alabama in particular. We're supposed to be ranked high because of all of the aforementioned themes that you just mentioned regarding a primary investment to education, faculty, staff, financial aid, and research resources.. and the fact that we're a private school and that's the point.

However, the standards for admission to the University of Alabama are going through the roof because everyone wants to attend the school because of the publicity received via football. The standards for test scores and GPA continue to rise because they're taking a similar amount of enrollment but have upped their applicants XX%. You get and can take better applicants. Their president and admissions has even credited much of that to Nick Saban and the football program.

It's not too hard to conclude that the current state of affairs in the athletic department is right in line with the drop in academic rankings. Among other things such as the worst president we've had in my lifetime.
The admission standards are going to be through the roof? For Alabama? The only thing that will happen is that their standards for Out of State students will rise, because they can't take as many due to the increased demand. Odds are, Alabama will just expand and accept more students, because they see them as a revenue stream, and they couldn't care less about the implications of being a diploma mill. Miami doesn't have that luxury. Miami is limited to having a 10k undergrad student body, barring some weird push into online education.

Even then, the kind of kid that will be attracted to Alabama because of the football program is also the kind of kid that wouldn't apply to(nor be accepted to) Miami in the first place, even if the program was winning. Keep in mind, Alabama is a state school, they are required to have the majority of their student body be state residents. Of course the University President would be blowing Nick Saban, he knows full well that if he dared speak the truth, Saban could have his *** fired tomorrow. Yes, during a run you'll see increased applications, but as anyone who pays attention will tell you, that increase won't last forever because you won't win forever. It's a short term thing, the schools that stay near the top aren't chasing that temporary high, they consistently commit to education. Alabama, will go back to being what they've been the moment Saban retires. This is a once in a lifetime run, the odds of them repeating this with another hire isn't great. They may be good, they may even win more titles, but to be far and away the best program in the country for well over a decade is something else entirely.

Frenk should be fired, not because the athletic department is underachieving, but because he's a mediocre fundraiser, and the faculty hates his guts. He isn't relatable, he has found ways to alienate major donors. He wasn't my first choice to begin with, I wanted Stavridis. I wanted someone that could build on what Dr. Shalala started, especially with fundraising. I wanted someone that was forward thinking, that understood that Miami can and should be unique. Dr. Shalala embraced what the University could be, and she fundraised to get there. While I think that she burned out towards the end(Her mother getting sick and eventually passing away away really took something out of her, you could see how she became disengaged on campus)

Advertisement
People can hate the opinion that fraggle is stating but he's just reiterating what the social justice types on the board of distrustees would state regarding our estrogenated AD.

The guy has failed at the 3 major sports but to blake james' credit, his fundraising results combined with his love of male reproductive organs makes him a favorite of the majority of the BOT. For those reasons fraggle thinks its better to focus only on a coaching change. I do not share that opinion but Im not seeing any problems with him citing that opinion as his own.

At least take issue with his reliance on a link to Beta Blake's bio...

I agree fraggle! He’s done a amazing job!

- Hired a basketball coach that built a phenomenal program beyond our expectations then watched burn before our very eyes

- Hired the BOT’s kid to run our even more stories baseball program…while watching it burn before our very eyes

- Took 11 hours to conduct a “search” for our new Head football coach in ‘18 that connected to various lower tier BOT members due to his father.

Yep, nothing to see here fellas. That’s looks riddled with competency. It’s not like an AD’s job is to make all sports programs as successful as possible or anything.

Advertisement
Maybe there was some confusion with adjunct professor BJ Ames?
The only thing I’ll ever give him credit for was I wrote a **** of an email after the last bowl loss with Richt and he gave it right back to me after Richt stepped down. I couldn’t have known that a half day later he would blow the opportunity and they already had my money by then. A sucker born every minute.

I don't know why, but I pictured this being part of a Norm McDonald (RIP) if he performed at UM.

"Hey how about that fella Blake James? He's the "Athletic Director" at the University of Miami. I guess there is talk of replacing him because sports have been terrible since he took over the job; but some rich guys want to keep him because he is a fundraiser.

Now, that brings up an interesting dilemma. See, on one hand he is good at calling the rich people he works for and asking them for money. And on the other hand... he is horrible at directing athletics.

Now it seems to me that one would be more important than the other because of his job title. It would be like saying, 'You know, I really like my mailman- in seven years he's never put a piece of mail in the correct mailbox, but he's really good at selling stamps."

Last edited:
Outside of the major sports problems the man has accomplished a lot at and for the U. Not in support of him but realize how hard it would be for the BOT to get rid of him. If one considers our three major sports teams he is a failure. Basketball, football and perhaps worse baseball are all subpar but read here how he is viewed as an AD. The primary aspect of the University is education and scholastic achievements. 3.0 average for all sports teams is great. The structural IPF and fundraising he has been exceptional. I hate to say it but in his accomplishments will make it hard to get rid of him. I know as AD the sports should be the main focus and for fans it is, I just wonder how the BOT thinks on these things, hopefully they are fans too. Read this and see what we are facing in efforts to get him fired, might be best to concentrate on actual coaches not Blake.

Blake James
thank you, Mrs James .... we know you love your son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back