Blake James isn't going anywhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
The job should be viewed as encompassing all of the aspects mentioned. Primarily having successful athletic programs that compete for championships and even more specifically in the 3 largest revenue sports that you have: Football, basketball, and baseball.

Sports are supply and demand - winning programs bring in more money obviously but they also bring in more students and more publicity. Win and the interest in the program sky rocket; as a result, you get more applicants to be a regular student allowing you to choose the better candidates with higher scores and grades. Increasing the possibility you have students that go on to do big things and eventually donate money to your school. You have more athletes that are interested in coming and more likelihood that you have a wider net to bring in premier athletes that can win but also athletes that can improve the school credibility.

No surprise that the downward spiral of the rankings of the school and academics continue to fall with every year that we continue to do nothing on the field/court in football, basketball, & baseball (which pay the scholarships of all of the other sports)

Advertisement
“Other than the major sports problems the man has accomplished a lot“. Did you just write this ? This is like saying “ this heart surgeon is great other than all the patients dying on his operating table“.

Is this guy a troll and ******* with me ? Seriously ?

Blake might not get fired and that’ll once again show why we’re the laughing stock of college sports. A bunch of elitist that look down on sports and hate the thought of being a football school.
I believe thats his schtick and bad attempt at humor.

98439B44-7FF3-4F32-B56C-09E4C6ECAB36.jpeg

Outside of the major sports problems the man has accomplished a lot at and for the U. Not in support of him but realize how hard it would be for the BOT to get rid of him. If one considers our three major sports teams he is a failure. Basketball, football and perhaps worse baseball are all subpar but read here how he is viewed as an AD. The primary aspect of the University is education and scholastic achievements. 3.0 average for all sports teams is great. The structural IPF and fundraising he has been exceptional. I hate to say it but in his accomplishments will make it hard to get rid of him. I know as AD the sports should be the main focus and for fans it is, I just wonder how the BOT thinks on these things, hopefully they are fans too. Read this and see what we are facing in efforts to get him fired, might be best to concentrate on actual coaches not Blake.

Blake James

Actually, it's pretty easy to get rid of him. He doesn't have an ironclad contract and compared to top end ADs, he's not making nearly as much. If a member of the BOT decides that they are sick and tired of us looking like crap, and is willing to pay for good AD, that can do everything Blake has done, AND MORE, he will be fired. Frankly, he's likely fired once this Diaz experiment ends, because he apparently turned down the funds needed to hire a better coach, to hire an unproven guy with zero HC experience.

Advertisement
The job should be viewed as encompassing all of the aspects mentioned. Primarily having successful athletic programs that compete for championships and even more specifically in the 3 largest revenue sports that you have: Football, basketball, and baseball.

Sports are supply and demand - winning programs bring in more money obviously but they also bring in more students and more publicity. Win and the interest in the program sky rocket; as a result, you get more applicants to be a regular student allowing you to choose the better candidates with higher scores and grades. Increasing the possibility you have students that go on to do big things and eventually donate money to your school. You have more athletes that are interested in coming and more likelihood that you have a wider net to bring in premier athletes that can win but also athletes that can improve the school credibility.

No surprise that the downward spiral of the rankings of the school and academics continue to fall with every year that we continue to do nothing on the field/court in football, basketball, & baseball (which pay the scholarships of all of the other sports)
Then explain why our rise in the rankings under Shalala happened towards the end of the Coker years, through the Shannon and Golden eras. Miami should have a compelling product, because if you are going to do something, you might as well not look like crap. That said, this "Sports builds the University" myth is just that. A MYTH.

Yes, you'll get increased applications, but the kind of kid that is looking at Miami most likely doesn't give a **** about how great the team is. Why? Because Miami is difficult to get into in the first place. The kind of kid that attends Miami, and the kind of kid that attends Alabama are two different types.

Actually, it's pretty easy to get rid of him. He doesn't have an ironclad contract and compared to top end ADs, he's not making nearly as much. If a member of the BOT decides that they are sick and tired of us looking like crap, and is willing to pay for good AD, that can do everything Blake has done, AND MORE, he will be fired. Frankly, he's likely fired once this Diaz experiment ends, because he apparently turned down the funds needed to hire a better coach, to hire an unproven guy with zero HC experience.
it's not like James was praised by all when Manny was hired. Remember the media blitz he did to explain the hire?

Advertisement
I purposely avoid certain posters threads because of the foolishness they post. I knew what i was walking into, and still opened this thread. I didn't even read through the whole post, as it wasn't necessary.

"Outside of the major sports problems..."

"If one considers our three major sports teams he is a failure. Basketball, football and perhaps worse baseball are all subpar "

He is the ATHLETIC DIRECTOR... TF?!

it's not like James was praised by all when Manny was hired. Remember the media blitz he did to explain the hire?
The fact that he even suggested Diaz, without even calling a qualified candidate should have been grounds for firing right there. That said, I wouldn't be shocked that if the powers on the BOT told Blake "You can hire this guy, but if he fails, you will be fired right alongside him".

The fact that he even suggested Diaz, without even calling a qualified candidate should have been grounds for firing right there. That said, I wouldn't be shocked that if the powers on the BOT told Blake "You can hire this guy, but if he fails, you will be fired right alongside him".
my feelings exactly. no way he got away without a warning after hiring Diaz. Mostly because we know there was a strong push for Mario from influential BOT & booster types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back