Blake James isn't going anywhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.
@fraggle grandpops, man Dennys must not have given you your soup du jour ans senior discount, is that why we must ******* suffer for this either asinine or troll post????

You deserve ALL of the flack you've gotten in that other dumb *** thread you've started.
You can take you and this thread and that other thread you made and
****-outta-here-throw.gif

#UnbanWho

Advertisement
Then explain why our rise in the rankings under Shalala happened towards the end of the Coker years, through the Shannon and Golden eras. Miami should have a compelling product, because if you are going to do something, you might as well not look like crap. That said, this "Sports builds the University" myth is just that. A MYTH.

Yes, you'll get increased applications, but the kind of kid that is looking at Miami most likely doesn't give a **** about how great the team is. Why? Because Miami is difficult to get into in the first place. The kind of kid that attends Miami, and the kind of kid that attends Alabama are two different types.
The surge in the Coker, Shannon, Golden years was the lasting effects of people familiar with 2000-2001-2002 teams. Just like recruiting. We still had a #1 class under Shannon because the kids in that class were impressionable during those years. Became fans.

Then they came to school and graduated. It may take 4-6 years to see results and an upswing but the results last 4-6 years after that.

You don't win in 2001 and then surge up the academic rankings in 2002. There's a lag.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Outside of the major sports problems the man has accomplished a lot at and for the U. Not in support of him but realize how hard it would be for the BOT to get rid of him. If one considers our three major sports teams he is a failure. Basketball, football and perhaps worse baseball are all subpar but read here how he is viewed as an AD. The primary aspect of the University is education and scholastic achievements. 3.0 average for all sports teams is great. The structural IPF and fundraising he has been exceptional. I hate to say it but in his accomplishments will make it hard to get rid of him. I know as AD the sports should be the main focus and for fans it is, I just wonder how the BOT thinks on these things, hopefully they are fans too. Read this and see what we are facing in efforts to get him fired, might be best to concentrate on actual coaches not Blake.

Blake James
The man is a walking train wreck of a human being. If he‘s good at and enjoys fundraising I know plenty of non-profit organizations he can work for.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You can tell that Beta Blake has had...troubles....

Blake James​

POSITION
Director of Athletics
PHONE
305-284-2689
dgentile@miami.edu
I believe it has been that way since the Golden days. A friend I played college baseball with interned and worked primarily under Debbie Gentile and that was part of his job to filter that email lmao. That's not even her primary email anymore because of it.

As the title AD says he is the "director of the athletic programs". if said programs are failing then that means the "director" is failing. In most business if the CEO/COO are running a failing company they are relieved of their duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back