Blake James interview 7-23-15

We used to play football for National Titles. Then we wanted ACC titles. Now we have our sights set on winning the division. Pretty soon our goal will be being competitive and going to a bowl game.

Old Blake 'soft shoulders' James knows that, if we want to eventually make it up and over just once, you have to keep setting that bar lower and lower.

Advertisement
I've never heard him say win unless it was in reference to an "off the field" win.

Now we are talking winning football games again? We back?

I'll believe it when Golden goes 8-4 and actually gets fired

8-4 gets Al a lifetime extension!

Advertisement
So what exactly was he supposed to say?
If you couldn't get what he was saying then that would explain the need to continue the monkey see monkey say...

Maybe he should say nothing.

In an interview?

Maybe shouldn't give interviews until he actually has something of substance to say.
Plenty of empty talk coming from the program he doesn't need to add to it.

Yeah, that's not how sports media works. Of course, if he were to dodge interviews and stay secluded even during ACC media events, the same people would complain that he's hiding.

Blake is talking about wanting the coastal in the context of bigger and better things. Not the end-all be-all. You guys just hate the guy cause he didn't fire golden last year. Most of you don't realize that wasn't his call. Not defending him but there are a lot of unknowns with him.

Blake is a retarded puppet with no power in general. He is an awful AD and unfit for the Miami gig.

Since he has no power, he can at least refrain from speaking...ever.

“I think sometimes people take for granted that just by snapping your fingers it’s going to happen. That’s not how it works. You have to build a solid foundation and Al is building a solid foundation. We are going to be a better team at the end of this year than we were at the start of this year. We’re going to be a better team at the end of this year than we were last year and we’re going to continue to get better each year.”

qkdnxoi.jpg

"I understand the frustration of the fan base," he said. "The thing I would say to everyone is no one is more frustrated than everyone here. It's frustrating when you don't have the type of success you want as a program. With that said everyone has different perspectives on what needs to be done. My job is to work with Al and figure out what is the best plan for us to get to where we meet all those expectations. The bar is set very high here." - After the bowl game this year

"I don't want to put a time on it, `this date', but we have to continue to move forward. I think there was a lot of progress made this year, unfortunately it wasn't in the win and loss column. At the end of the day it's about wins and losses, and I understand that, and I understand why fans are frustrated." - After the bowl game this year
I love how quickly people forget.

So what exactly was he supposed to say?
If you couldn't get what he was saying then that would explain the need to continue the monkey see monkey say...
Exactly what I was thinking...What I got out of the interview was... We Got To Win... no more excuses... Its not his job to micro manage a coach he needs to monitor the wins on the field and the antics off the field... He knows even his job has expectations... And I dont blame him for not allowing the reporter to pin him down to a specific number of wins .. everyone will know soon enough... Can't wait for the season to start .. The off season is doing a number on this site

This offseason has been rough here. But im glad the board isnt the actual team... Too much moaning...
We have talent but our depth isnt elite... That's why late season and late game collapses, at least IMO.

Yes coaching plays a huge part too before i get characterized as a slurp

Advertisement
Blake is talking about wanting the coastal in the context of bigger and better things. Not the end-all be-all. You guys just hate the guy cause he didn't fire golden last year. Most of you don't realize that wasn't his call. Not defending him but there are a lot of unknowns with him.

Blake is a retarded puppet with no power in general. He is an awful AD and unfit for the Miami gig.

“I think sometimes people take for granted that just by snapping your fingers it’s going to happen. That’s not how it works. You have to build a solid foundation and Al is building a solid foundation. We are going to be a better team at the end of this year than we were at the start of this year. We’re going to be a better team at the end of this year than we were last year and we’re going to continue to get better each year.”

qkdnxoi.jpg

"I understand the frustration of the fan base," he said. "The thing I would say to everyone is no one is more frustrated than everyone here. It's frustrating when you don't have the type of success you want as a program. With that said everyone has different perspectives on what needs to be done. My job is to work with Al and figure out what is the best plan for us to get to where we meet all those expectations. The bar is set very high here." - After the bowl game this year

"I don't want to put a time on it, `this date', but we have to continue to move forward. I think there was a lot of progress made this year, unfortunately it wasn't in the win and loss column. At the end of the day it's about wins and losses, and I understand that, and I understand why fans are frustrated." - After the bowl game this year

I love how people are eternal optimists. Blake James isn't qualified to be a custodian at his prestigious alma mater, does it matter? Nope. I am an eternal optimist. Blake wants to win and that is good enough for me.

qkdnxoi.jpg

I love how people are eternal optimists. Blake James isn't qualified to be a custodian at his prestigious alma mater, does it matter? Nope. I am an eternal optimist. Blake wants to win and that is good enough for me.

What you call an eternal optimist, I call low-IQ.

qkdnxoi.jpg

What you call an eternal optimist, I call low-IQ.

Look at some of these dip-fecal matters above your post. How many people can be employed to clean the loads up at the sauna?

Advertisement
He doesn't want just ACC titles! If that's what you got out of the article you need to go back to school learn some reading comprehension. He said we need to win that first to get into the national title picture, is that a lie?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back