Blake James - Finalist AD for BC (updated 5/31) Confirmed Hired

Advertisement
Good for him I hope he gets it and does well. He did what he could when he was here. He worked his way up from selling tickets all the way to AD. He chaired panels for the NCAA, was a voting member of the CFP. He has done a lot. He helped spearhead the first indoor facility. He was a necessary link in the chain. Remember when CMR was hired we finally paid real head coach money.

Frank opened the flood gates (which included canning Blake) but Blake took some strong swings with a crowbar. No reason to hate on the guy. He did what he could and he's gone now.

Advertisement
Good for him I hope he gets it and does well. He did what he could when he was here. He worked his way up from selling tickets all the way to AD. He chaired panels for the NCAA, was a voting member of the CFP. He has done a lot. He helped spearhead the first indoor facility. He was a necessary link in the chain. Remember when CMR was hired we finally paid real head coach money.

Frank opened the flood gates (which included canning Blake) but Blake took some strong swings with a crowbar. No reason to hate on the guy. He did what he could and he's gone now.
Are You High Basketball Wives GIF by VH1

People keep acting like Frenk did anything, he didn't. The people who actually gave a **** about athletics finally were able to get their voices heard and they put up the money needed to make some significant changes. Frenk's job(Which he is doing poorly) is to manage the academic side and it's obvious to us alumni that he isn't doing that. He isn't raising nearly the money Shalala did, and the faculty hates him with a burning passion.

That said, Blake James at BC is probably a solid hire. He's used to working with limitations and he won't push for things that BC can't deliver.

Advertisement
People keep acting like Frenk did anything, he didn't. The people who actually gave a **** about athletics finally were able to get their voices heard and they put up the money needed to make some significant changes. Frenk's job(Which he is doing poorly) is to manage the academic side and it's obvious to us alumni that he isn't doing that. He isn't raising nearly the money Shalala did, and the faculty hates him with a burning passion.

That said, Blake James at BC is probably a solid hire. He's used to working with limitations and he won't push for things that BC can't deliver.

I actually agree with you here. I’m just grateful he didn’t get in the way, because of the importance of UM football for the University, and the potential for significant revenue. It’s a win-win for everybody, but you have to invest first. I will give him credit for at least understanding that there was a problem when it was presented to him, and realizing that that what he was presented with needed to be done, and getting 100% behind it. He may not have been the originator but at least he adopted and promoted the right course of action.

As far as the rest of Frenk’s responsibilities, especially regarding academics, I’m with you. Not so much because I think the academics have faltered so much, but because he doesn’t know how to play the game, and I don’t think he’s a very good fundraiser at all which is 1A or 1B of the responsibilities of a university president for a university that’s in the position Miami is.

BC alum/fans are overall racist jerks. Not everyone. But way too many. So, hope they never get back to the Flutie days type success.
Dood, easy there partner. I wore my Cane gear proudly around Chestnut Hill. Ask Gogeta to ask DP for the proof.

I actually agree with you here. I’m just grateful he didn’t get in the way, because of the importance of UM football for the University, and the potential for significant revenue. It’s a win-win for everybody, but you have to invest first. I will give him credit for at least understanding that there was a problem when it was presented to him, and realizing that that what he was presented with needed to be done, and getting 100% behind it. He may not have been the originator but at least he adopted and promoted the right course of action.

As far as the rest of Frenk’s responsibilities, especially regarding academics, I’m with you. Not so much because I think the academics have faltered so much, but because he doesn’t know how to play the game, and I don’t think he’s a very good fundraiser at all which is 1A or 1B of the responsibilities of a university president for a university that’s in the position Miami is.
Most University Presidents wouldn't get in the way. Whether it was Frenk, Shalala or Foote, your boosters finally stepping up and finally putting money into the program was going to be welcomed by leadership. That's the part I think a lot of our fans missed, this wouldn't have happened had the boosters not said "If you put this money up, we'll match or exceed it, and we will make sure the program has everything it needs to thrive in this environment". It's a very low risk move for the University, if they have that kind of commitment from the boosters.

I guess we've discovered another one of Blake's burner accounts.

If you rearrange the letters in his log-in name, it spells Mainer 2004.

Advertisement

Another vote in agreement of this position.

I've never understood why so many people want to crown a guy for "belatedly realizing the problem" and "staying the fvck out of the way while others fixed things", but we have a pretty big contingent of CIS types who wrongly want to erect a statue of Frenk on the campus.

Billy Madison Shut Up GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back