Blake James - Eat crow thread

**** of a first major hire for Blake, I'll eat crow. I was even giving him **** early today when I thought Richt was headed to UVA.. all for nothing.

He did about as good as UM could possibly do, given the names that we were hearing. I was all for BBB but all things considered... Age, recruiting, track record, staff, Miami ties, etc.. Richt is the best option we had.

THE FACT THAT RICHT CONSIDERED UVA SHOULD TELL YOU ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT RICHT'S MINDSTATE!

Don't be surprised if never sniffs a NC at UM!

Do you understand the term "leverage" and how it works during negotiations?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Also expect a heavy push for indoor practice facilities

tenor.gif

I know this is the sentiment of most but I think Blake took the easy way out. Blake knew the media would eat it up and Richt would be pleasant/easy guy to work with.

He didn't want to deal with a savage, even though most great coaches are egomaniacs.

Hope I'm wrong and we see the motivated Mark Richt. If its the guy I've seen on the sidelines the past few years, we will be disappointed.

Down arrow away.

Good call

I don't understand why this hiring was some tremendous success or why anyone should be applauded (at the time)?

We hired someone who stopped being relevant a long time ago.

We hired someone who couldn't get UGA where they needed to go (he "failed" according to their standards).

We hired a proven failure (a retread).

-----------------------

What you should be asking yourself is what was the actual "plan"? Because UGA fired him after we began our process. In fact, but for UGA firing Richt, who knows what other chit bag we would have?

As stated numerous times, our tranny ***ing AD is not the guy. We deserve and need better.

Advertisement
I am not calling people out, I just want to know why anyone was excited for Richt? Why was this a "homerun" hire?

Last edited:
I don't understand why this hiring was some tremendous success or why anyone should be applauded (at the time)?

We hired someone who stopped being relevant a long time ago.

We hired someone who couldn't get UGA where they needed to go (he "failed" according to their standards).

We hired a proven failure (a retread).

-----------------------

What you should be asking yourself is what was the actual "plan"? Because UGA fired him after we began our process. In fact, but for UGA firing Richt, who knows what other chit bag we would have?

As stated numerous times, our tranny ***ing AD is not the guy. We deserve and need better.
Because we were looking at Mario, Schiano, and a pile of **** as our next guy.

Looks like we were fvcked no matter what and we'll continue to be fvcked with the losing mentality in the AD and UM Admin.

Because we were looking at Mario, Schiano, and a pile of **** as our next guy.

Looks like we were fvcked no matter what and we'll continue to be fvcked with the losing mentality in the AD and UM Admin.

I still don't understand. Just because you pick the smartest on the shortbus doesn't make them a "home run" hire.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wish I was wrong but saw it coming from a mile away.

When I first heard of the hiring. I was cautiously optimistic. Then I heard of this Jon Richt hired as qb coach. My stomach sank. Then I was like, OK maybe Jon is highly qualified and has worked with top notch talent and coaches. Then I saw his resume and was sickened that the AD and BOT would allow this. I knew right from that second this would not be good. Nepotism is highly disgusting and should not be allowed in these instances. I cannot til this day believe that some fans are OK with this. Or ever OK with it.

When I first heard of the hiring. I was cautiously optimistic. Then I heard of this Jon Richt hired as qb coach. My stomach sank. Then I was like, OK maybe Jon is highly qualified and has worked with top notch talent and coaches. Then I saw his resume and was sickened that the AD and BOT would allow this. I knew right from that second this would not be good. Nepotism is highly disgusting and should not be allowed in these instances. I cannot til this day believe that some fans are OK with this. Or ever OK with it.

Bingo...….there are people who are ok with it in the White House, too. His O staff is mid tier Sun Belt at best. Sickening!!

Advertisement
Back