Blake James: AD of the Year

A lot of people may not be a fan of Blake but personally I have no problem with him. His biggest handicap was Donna. Once she disappeared, well, you see the difference.

Clue me in on the difference. He had the exact same finalists for the coaching job as his predecessor had 5 years earlier. Literally zero difference.

No ACC championship game appearances in Donna's 12 years as University Dictator. One ACC CG game appearance in year two of the Vincente' Fox era.

That's one difference.

Advertisement
Personally I blamed him for much of the losing atmosphere. Clearly I was wrong and Donna was to blame. She was nothing but a cancer to our program

Im of this opinion as well.

I too owe an apology to Blake James. Dude has been spectacular since the resignation of the midget marxist.

A lot of people may not be a fan of Blake but personally I have no problem with him. His biggest handicap was Donna. Once she disappeared, well, you see the difference.

Clue me in on the difference. He had the exact same finalists for the coaching job as his predecessor had 5 years earlier. Literally zero difference.

No ACC championship game appearances in Donna's 12 years as University Dictator. One ACC CG game appearance in year two of the Vincente' Fox era.

That's one difference.

He might just win the award again. Anyone that still thinks he was the problem is a fool.

Personally I blamed him for much of the losing atmosphere. Clearly I was wrong and Donna was to blame. She was nothing but a cancer to our program

Donna obviously never cared about our sports programs.....only the medical school..and she effed that up, too. Cheers for Blake, Dr. Frenk and CMR! Again, TWO YEARS and we are are back in the top ranks of CFB and sure to become even better!

Last edited:
Nah, he's just got lucky with Richt landing in his lap and been smart enough to give an experienced winner like Richt what he wants to run the football programme.

If he'd done anything under Shalala I'd think differently, but he was a whimpering when she was here.

Advertisement
Nah, he's just got lucky with Richt landing in his lap and been smart enough to give an experienced winner like Richt what he wants to run the football programme.

If he'd done anything under Shalala I'd think differently, but he was a whimpering when she was here.

The BOT wasn't going to spend money on a coaching staff while Shalala was here. James didn't exactly have the keys to a Ferrari when we were on a shoestring budget.

UMfb090515-0160-400x400.jpg

That's one difference.

Frenk and James can go suck a ****. Mark Richt is the only reason this program is where it is and the only reason he’s the coach here is because Georgia fired him. You saw how pathetic the coaching search was, they don’t get any of this credit unless you’re retarded.

Advertisement

That's one difference.

Frenk and James can go suck a ****. Mark Richt is the only reason this program is where it is and the only reason he’s the coach here is because Georgia fired him. You saw how pathetic the coaching search was, they don’t get any of this credit unless you’re retarded.

I have to disagree with you a little here.None of us knew how bad James was hampered by the Troll.And yes Richt is a major reason we are where we are but we still had to have a president that was willing to pay the money,money the Troll would never ok,to not only hire Richt but give James the ok to pay enough money on top of that to hire good assistants

So yea Richt is the main reason we are back on top but give Frank and James their props for their part in getting him here when he was going to retire and the staff hired cause if the Troll had still been here we might still have Al and Duh here or if not some other trash HC like the other 3 she had hired.

That's one difference.

Sure Mark fell in their laps but who offered 4 million a year while paying a buyout? Who let Richt go after the biggest DC on the market in Aranda and offer him 1 million? Who gave Mark what he needed to put together a great staff?

Definitely not retarded but the AD and President put the coach in position to succeed and that’s all you need from them.

That's one difference.

I have to disagree with you a little here.None of us knew how bad James was hampered by the Troll.And yes Richt is a major reason we are where we are but we still had to have a president that was willing to pay the money,money the Troll would never ok,to not only hire Richt but give James the ok to pay enough money on top of that to hire good assistants

So yea Richt is the main reason we are back on top but give Frank and James their props for their part in getting him here when he was going to retire and the staff hired cause if the Troll had still been here we might still have Al and Duh here or if not some other trash HC like the other 3 she had hired.

Did you see who their candidates were before Richt fell into their lap? If Shalala wouldn't have hired Richt, then why did we kick the tires on him every time we had the vacancy? I'm not giving them any credit whatsoever. Richt is the Coach of the Year and it's not even close.

That's one difference.

Sure Mark fell in their laps but who offered 4 million a year while paying a buyout? Who let Richt go after the biggest DC on the market in Aranda and offer him 1 million? Who gave Mark what he needed to put together a great staff?

Definitely not retarded but the AD and President put the coach in position to succeed and that’s all you need from them.

Anyone would've paid Richt $4 million that's chump change for a guy like him. When we need more money for Diaz then we can start passing out credit. This board was very unhappy that we didn't offer Aranda enough money and had to settle for a guy like Diaz, let's not revise history here.

Advertisement
Awards like this are hokey and rarely tell the full story. But even ADs with the desire to win can ***** things up. In CMRs last few years at UGA, he was doing less hands-on coaching, and more fundraising for the school. He'd been fighting for an IPF there since 2007 and no one gave him the time of day. He had a part to play in that program getting stale and needing a change, but it was rooted in the fact that the AD took away his reins to lead UGA's program the way he wanted to.

Getting an IPF commitment at UM was big for CMR, as was being given decent money (huge dollars for a historically cheap UM admin) to hunt for a quality coaching staff. The ability for Blake James to empower CMR instead of impede him has been pivotal in our direction as a program. The atmosphere created when GameDay was on campus as well as the basketball/football games has been noticeable (mainly due to team success).

I could care less whether Blake James wins an award - but I can say he's been more effective at his job and that has had a positive effect on our team.

Its not just football guys. He has assembled possibly the best coaching staff in all of NCAA D1. He is not a guy who lights up the room when he walks in but he GETS STUFF DONE. I have been around since Sam who we all loved but in between Sam and Blake there was IMO zero leadership and not much in the way of a plan. Blake is a mid west Minnesota guy with a plan. Honesty hard work and some creativity. You see who we played in basketball last night and where we played it? You see how he handled the Morris thing? Oh you forgot about that didn't you? The Willis thing the Mullins thing. The guy is SMART and he plays the loooong game

Advertisement

That's one difference.

This is a really bad opinion. Just awful. We saw ten years of Mark Richt with poor administrative support.

Blake James hired a professional and treats him like one. And rather than meddle and undermine like Shalalalala did, Frenk supports and empowers.

Sent from my TI-83 Plus using Tapatalk

That's one difference.

This is a really bad opinion. Just awful. We saw ten years of Mark Richt with poor administrative support.

Blake James hired a professional and treats him like one. And rather than meddle and undermine like Shalalalala did, Frenk supports and empowers.

Sent from my TI-83 Plus using Tapatalk

Mark Richt was one of the most successful coaches in college football at Georgia. So yeah, we saw it. Shalala didn't do anything different than what Frenk is doing. The only difference is Richt fell into our laps and he's an amazing football coach. Richt made compromised on his staff and donated $1 million to get the IPF rolling. These dumbasses were about to hire Schiano and you guys want to give them all the credit for what's happening right now. LOL.

Shalala can sit on a bag of d!cks.

She was a horrible face of our school and she can take all her money and donate even more of it to the losing corrupt Clinton’s.

Advertisement
Back