Blake James: AD of the Year

Advertisement
Congratulations, Blake! This is well-deserved. He took a lot of flack for the first few years of his tenure, but he really turned things around beginning with the move to Adidas.

Shalala aka The Troll was the issue. Blake did a good job but any have brain AD would have done a good job once she left. Wisconsin football was garbage until she left and then proceeded to destroy UM football. Where Tad Foot failed the troll succeeded.

He caters to CanesFam at every turn and we play at Arkansas State in September.

so! I've been a cane fan for 30 years. My first game was the Hail Flutie. I went on to graduate in 1993 with some of the greatest players to play on campus. Never understood this loading up the schedule with ALL tough teams. We were playing ****** teams like this until Paul Dee bought in to that crap. We've not been the same since! You play ****** teams like this to build depth without huge pressure!

The only current knock on Blake that people have is the scheduling. However, it makes great sense. We don't own our own stadium so we don't make near as much from home games, so why pay Ark State a million to come to our place when we can do a home and home for free? That's good business sense. If we had our own stadium it'd be different. But I wouldn't pay a lesser team a million to come put money in Steven Ross' hands either

Advertisement
A lot of people getting credit for Richt. James was on the brink of hiring Schiano before Richt got fired.

Personally I blamed him for much of the losing atmosphere. Clearly I was wrong and Donna was to blame. She was nothing but a cancer to our program

you werent wrong, he was being stuborn about getting rid of Golden.. he was late to the party.. but it happened to work out

Yeah funny enough if he actually did his job well, Richt wouldn't have been available. Wonder if he'd be getting AD awards if Schiano was our coach and we were still twittling our thumbs on the IPF.

The only reason this beta male is even considered is because donna shalala resigned.

Advertisement
He turned the tide on his employment here when he grew a pair and fired Folden mid season. Opening the checkbook and hiring a competent coaching staff solidified his position. Getting an IPF is the cherry on top.

He is a lite weight, the only reason he fired Golden was pressure from the Board of Trustees.

His scheduling this past year was atrocious.

Advertisement
just a coincidence all this stuff is happening post troll

It's amazing that our fanbase still thinks that the University President gives one **** about athletics, and is actively trying to ***** it over. You realize that Dr. Shalala, even if she wanted to ***** athletics wasn't a dictator, she worked at the pleasure of the BOT, and that group has athletically inclined people who could easily overrule her if they felt she was not acting in the best interests of the department. Dr. Frenk isn't there to win football games, nor care about that stuff, his job is to fundraise and make sure the 9,000+ undergrads that aren't student athletes are getting the tools and the instruction they need in order to succeed.

Let me guess, you assume that Tad Foote LOVED athletics, merely because the teams won? You want to look up someone who wasn't a fan, and most likely could have done without the stupid crap, go read his bio. Then again, rational people understood where Tad and people like him were coming from. The University President has a responsibility to protect the overall image of the institution, and when something directly challenges that, then you have problems. This isn't Alabama, where the school exists to win football games, and if that means ******** over the kids paying tuition, then so be it. Miami is managed like a normal university, where the University President actually does their job.

He is a lite weight, the only reason he fired Golden was pressure from the Board of Trustees.

His scheduling this past year was atrocious.

LMFAO at the AD making the schedule for football. That's mostly on the HC, who sets the tone for that stuff. The AD makes the calls, but the HC usually gives the guidelines for that. Golden wanted to fatten up on OOC cupcakes, because that's what he knew from his days at Penn State, who did that a ton, especially once they joined the Big Ten.

The only current knock on Blake that people have is the scheduling. However, it makes great sense. We don't own our own stadium so we don't make near as much from home games, so why pay Ark State a million to come to our place when we can do a home and home for free? That's good business sense. If we had our own stadium it'd be different. But I wouldn't pay a lesser team a million to come put money in Steven Ross' hands either

The explosion in the "Rent A Victim" rates came about because SEC schools are paying huge money to midmajors. Miami isn't going to compete with that, mostly because it would be irresponsible to pay that kind of money, knowing full well that you won't get that money back, even if the 'Canes are scary good. You are better off playing a home and home, getting a gimmie road experience for your youngsters, and not eating money on product that you can't sell to your fanbase.

Advertisement

Always been that way!

He's definitely better than Kirby and whoever that F#ck stick that resign Golden to an extension after a 5-7 year.

You mean the guy who hired Coach L?

Yea, but that dude was here for what, one, two seasons, and gave a coach an extension and pay raise after a losing season. We had to be the only school in America that has done that. Thought it was a dumb move then and it was dumb move now. Now, credit to him for signing Coach L, but Football is still the money maker, and that signing set the whole program back, which looks like about the 3 to 4 year, which is about the length of the extension. That dude got pimp, and for that, he gets the Biggest L, and he bailed on us!

just a coincidence all this stuff is happening post troll

It's amazing that our fanbase still thinks that the University President gives one **** about athletics, and is actively trying to ***** it over. You realize that Dr. Shalala, even if she wanted to ***** athletics wasn't a dictator, she worked at the pleasure of the BOT, and that group has athletically inclined people who could easily overrule her if they felt she was not acting in the best interests of the department. Dr. Frenk isn't there to win football games, nor care about that stuff, his job is to fundraise and make sure the 9,000+ undergrads that aren't student athletes are getting the tools and the instruction they need in order to succeed.

Let me guess, you assume that Tad Foote LOVED athletics, merely because the teams won? You want to look up someone who wasn't a fan, and most likely could have done without the stupid crap, go read his bio. Then again, rational people understood where Tad and people like him were coming from. The University President has a responsibility to protect the overall image of the institution, and when something directly challenges that, then you have problems. This isn't Alabama, where the school exists to win football games, and if that means ******** over the kids paying tuition, then so be it. Miami is managed like a normal university, where the University President actually does their job.

Get. the. fuccc. outta. here.

MIAMI would be a **** stain in my drawers if Eddie BrownMichael Irvin, Jerome Brown, DJ Williams, Warren Sapp, Andre Johnson, or Willis MaGahee went to Florida A&M and it would have meant to that university.

Research increases in enrollment during MIAMI's championship years.

Pete reported Shalala took funds for the football program and put them somewhere else. Besides, sane university presidents maximize ANY value athletics bring to the institution--How do you think Miami became a brand?

Advertisement
Back