Blake Baker

I don't think we would be talking about the play call on 4th&17 if Gurvan plays his assignment the way he should have. If he did I think the blitz still gets there.

But Gurvan hasn't played his assignment well in 2 games. Great coordinators play to their strengths, not hope a young guy whose never made a single play actually makes a play.

Advertisement
Lol then why hire him at all?

There's two scenarios to this hire -- either Manny thought Blake could pick up where he left off and was therefore the best hire he could make, or that Blake would need some grooming along the way given this being his first time coaching with a P5 schedule.

Clearly Manny went with the former and got it horribly wrong so far.

it's clearly the former, and I think blake must have thought he's soooo good

that boy right now stinks of country "awe shucks" good ole boy culture. I fcking hated his face after the uf loss in his interview, gawd **** ***galoon sitting there smiling while being asked about his child.

***** you fcking smiling now?

AKA Discount Manny

-- On the field for 24 minutes, gave up 28 points

-- 4 of those minutes were on the last drive after the 4th and 17

-- On 4th and 17 sends the slowest developing blitz ever, I think we rushed 5 in total. Call me an armchair coach, but that's the exact type of situation where you go cover 0 and blitz everyone not covering a receiver.

-- Speaking of Cover 0, why was that his go to tonight? Feast or famine type defense that worked well enough at a decent clip but when it didn't work... it went horribly wrong.

-- Want to make the QB beat you and see if the receivers can get past the CBs? Fine, but don't stick your ******* head in the sand and keep going to it as you continually get burned to the tune of 11.7 ypc on 68% passing completion.

-- That scheme also got grossly exploited everytime UNC ran the ball to the outside. Stacked receivers run go routes, the 2 CBs playing man run with them and we're left with the world's slowest LBs to try and catch them before they turn the corner.

We may have won this game if Manny was the DC. Instead he gave the job to his mini-me the instant he was hired and it just played a huge part in costing us a game.

Yeap he’s pretty much TRASH. I really thought he would improve our M-F preparation bc Manny sucked at it as evidenced by the first 2-4 opening drives of the game where a live opponent usually scored once or all three times in some fashion & then we would adjust & move fwd but against UNC it was life of the same.

That 4th & 17 call told me he wasn’t even aware of the moment in that game...just like Manny

Thank you could you do us all a favor and post this weekly?

the grades are fcking horse sh*t mate, the NBA uses that same sad fck of a formula in a different form that I can't recall off the top of my head.

and guess what? It has "the glove" aka gary payton not even in the top 200 DEFENSIVE GUARDS of all time.

completely disregard that stuff, it'll have you believing someone played much better or much worse than they really did

I don't think we would be talking about the play call on 4th&17 if Gurvan plays his assignment the way he should have. If he did I think the blitz still gets there.

So easy to blame the player when the coach put him in an adverse situation.

How about make the right call as a DC & call a simple cover 4.

Advertisement
Expect more of this..this scheme is on film going on year 4. It’s not hard to scheme against bc the architect of the scheme is a below average coach.

Not defending what we’ve seen, but wouldn’t most scheme’s get exposed if this was the case?
Then you're getting into Dono's read and react territory. You'll need active LBs that can tackle. Or you can play it like we did against UF.

But you've heard it here. Most trashed the UF game plan. It's not UM. They want disruptive splash plays in the backfield. We just don't have the horses to do it without leaving someone exposed.

Advertisement
But Gurvan hasn't played his assignment well in 2 games. Great coordinators play to their strengths, not hope a young guy whose never made a single play actually makes a play.
Lmao this is Gurvans second start I think he starts to make more plays the more he actually plays. The coaches aren't putting these guys in bad positions they just aren't making the plays, sure Baker could have went with anything else but you can't say he had us out of position to make a play.

So easy to blame the player when the coach put him in an adverse situation.

How about make the right call as a DC & call a simple cover 4.
Adverse situation? They are playing bracket coverage on one guy and Gurvan has the outside and just doesn't do his assignment.

Advertisement
Adverse situation? They are playing bracket coverage on one guy and Gurvan has the outside and just doesn't do his assignment.

Learn football!! We wouldn’t need bracket coverage if you just rush 3 & drop 8 on FREAKING FOURTH AND SEVENTEEN!

You don’t have a clue.

Learn football!! We wouldn’t need bracket coverage if you just rush 3 & drop 8 on FREAKING FOURTH AND SEVENTEEN!

You don’t have a clue.
Lol I didn't make the call nor am I saying I agree with it but that's what the call was and on that play Gurvan doesn't play it the way he should have.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back