Blake Baker

Garvin was spying and playing contain majority of that game. Out of no respect for franks.
Even when he was pass rushing he wasn’t beating him like that other than the hurry on that int late in the game to Finley

Advertisement
Joe Jackson routinely beat his man off his power and rush moves on the outside alone. You don’t get 24 sacks in 3 years by not doing so. Those dts (McIntosh and Norton) were good but they weren’t that **** good to attribute jackson’s success due to their presence . Willis was a little better and jackson’s Stats increased slightly

Plus why is rousseau being so much more productive than garvin with 80 less snaps? Not having joe Jackson, Willis, McIntosh etc doesn’t seem to be hurting him.

Rousseau 3.5 tfls 2 sacks on just 26 snaps
McIntosh got constant pressure up the middle. He just didn’t bulrush like Willis , pure speed.

Point is Jackson is and was never treated as the man , Garvin is getting constant attention when he comes off the edge.

It is what it is , but it’s the truth.

This is Manny's recruits and defense, why the fvck he is skating on this is beyond me.
"Blake is calling the plays" So ******* what?! Manny has a headset, he can overrule whenever he feels like it or he can straight up pull the sheet from Baker, stop shooting the middle man, this mess is on Diaz, it's HIS hand picked staff and players.

Sh*t would be embarassing if Franks didn't gift wrapped 4 turnovers and could actually throw past 5 yards down the field

Advertisement
Even when he was pass rushing he wasn’t beating him like that other than the hurry on that int late in the game to Finley

Oh and another thing majority of the passes being thrown against us are quick game , the only constant pressure we’ve been able to get is up the middle with blitzes. Quick game eliminates outside pressure off the edge.

If you don’t believe me go watch the replays. There’s also way more three man fronts with baker for whatever odd reason. People don’t add all this into the issues with pass rush or said player , it’s just “ why doesn’t he have more sacks ?”

Tbh I don’t think garçon or Jackson are what we made them out to be , they were never great players or even really. Just nice college players that play in a friendly system.

Oh and another thing majority of the passes being thrown against us are quick game , the only constant pressure we’ve been able to get is up the middle with blitzes. Quick game eliminates outside pressure off the edge.

If you don’t believe me go watch the replays. There’s also way more three man fronts with baker for whatever odd reason. People don’t add all this into the issues with pass rush or said player , it’s just “ why doesn’t he have more sacks ?”

Tbh I don’t think garçon or Jackson are what we made them out to be , they were never great players or even really. Just nice college players that play in a friendly system.
I just Feel he can do more because what’s he’s doing now is clearly not enough. Rousseau played against the same offenses with a quick passing game yet still Has more production on a LOT less snaps

I’d use some of the same stats in support of Manny’s defense. Namely, 3rd down defense from 2017 to 2018. He saw a weakness and he addressed it. That’s the sign of a good (maybe “aware” would be a better word?) coach.

There’s been several years of debate now on Mannys system. Guys like you and I who’ve been on these boards forever likely have their opinion formed by now. I’ll always err on the side of aggression. Maybe that’s partly a hangover from the D’No/Golden scheme, but it’s also true as a stand-alone statement. I like havoc, even if it means an occasional big play given up.

As far as the old 4-3 base you mentioned, we don’t have the horses to just line up and beat you. Not to mention, offensive football has advanced light years since we ran that style of defense.

To me, it comes down to a lack of personnel. I don’t really need to pick on any one defender because none of them have really shown anything this year. No one stands out. If it’s the same defense, as you suggest, then where are the Willis/Quan/JJ/MJ type guys, who should presumably be plug and play if it’s a gimmicky system? We just don’t have the guys this year. At least not yet, being that we are young and these guys are gonna take time to develop.

This is my no means an endorsement for Baker. The jury is still out. It’s only been 2 games so I’m not writing him off, but 4th and 17 was bad. But before I’d chastise Manny for trying to keep continuity in the defense, I’d rather see him take the playcalling reigns back over.
I completely agree we do not have the horses especially the speed, but we also don't have the same level of coaching. How many of those old assistants ended up in NFL up to HC -- quite a few. JJ told us it isn't the x and o's but the Jimmy and Joes but Howard told and showed us "All Miami ever needed was decent coaching." Coker proved the Jimmy and Joe thing -- Manny would have the NC this year with that team too. Dennis showed what a decent coach could do with Miami talent but he was horrible at replacing that talent. There are no Howard's or JJ's out there walking through or door so we need to go with the JJ way. There one guy out there who proved twice that he could recruit those types of players when married to Miami. He is out there dying to return, so lets bring Butch back. I am not sure he can coach us to a title but I am sure that after 4 years of his recruiting classed you or I could.

I also admit that I am pulling the trigger very quick but going back to Coker, who showed in year three that he was missing something when he loss two games with team still with record SIX first round picks. Randy, AL, and Mark showed early signs too that proved to we very real. These two losses have already almost guaranteed that this years recruiting class will be subpar. I'll be 70 in three years and don't want to wait that long for the new coach I am fairly certain we will need. That said, you need not worry, the administration will hang on to Manny as long as possible even if we fly a banner at next home game. Although, that would give them an uneasy feeling and perhaps keep them from giving him an extension the year the fire him.

Advertisement
he trusted baker way way way too much

he probably had good reason to but at this point his career is on the line because of it

pull.the.mother.fcking.keys manny
Lol then why hire him at all?

There's two scenarios to this hire -- either Manny thought Blake could pick up where he left off and was therefore the best hire he could make, or that Blake would need some grooming along the way given this being his first time coaching with a P5 schedule.

Clearly Manny went with the former and got it horribly wrong so far.

Advertisement
Ju

There's two scenarios to this hire -- either Manny thought Blake could pick up where he left off and was therefore the best hire he could make, or that Blake would need some grooming along the way given this being his first time coaching with a P5 schedule.

just simplified the defense you recruit supposedly athletes let them man up let the D linemen rush not one moment standing up next time in coverage stunt every now and then , slide the DL in lieu of stunting and have the LB be disciplined: you see an Army team lose to Michigan and Oklahoma in OT in their houses and hold these prolific defenses under control and they don’t have one player we would recruit

Blake should be given the Bill Miller treatment at the end of the season...

Advertisement
Manny's scheme gets exposed if you don't have a dominate DT that can get inside pressure and experienced corners that you can put on an island. We have neither.

Not defending what we’ve seen, but wouldn’t most scheme’s get exposed if this was the case?

Advertisement
Back