Blake Baker Will Be Gone

If Manny took over play calling duties again this year, during the fourth quarter of the NCSU game and most if not all of the VT game, then there is no way that Baker can remain next year. It is a clear admission that Baker cannot do and has not done his job satisfactorily. And being demoted to a position coach on the same team is not feasible for a coordinator. He gone.
I'm not disputing it, but on what basis are we implying Baker was removed from playcalling duties at anytime?

Advertisement
Baker gone, Rumph gone.

DVD going to CB's
Banda to DC

Manny hires TRob

Crowd goes wild.
So we are going to substitute Baker(not qualified for his position) with Banda(who is not even qualified for his position)? Banda Patke Rumph and Baker all need to be sent packing.

I haven’t heard anything about this but, I think with COVId this year, you’re going to see a lot less firings and coaching movement than a normal year

Advertisement
Because Manny and Baker are BFF’s I could see Manny hiring a new DC and making Blake Co-DC and coach of the LBers...Rumph and PATKE need to be on the first kick rocks bus outta there unless PATKE takes some position in recruiting.

But whatever happens calling and scheming of the defense needs to be taken away from Baker cause he’s shown for 2 years now he has no clue as to what he’s doing.
If Manny thinks Baker could cost him is job down the road, he'll make the change.

Advertisement
Make a slash and hire Muschamp when he gets canned. Muschamp will never be a HC again.

LMFAO how much money do you think this program has?

Part of the reason Baker is DC is because he was cheap. That allowed us to spend on offensive staff and keep the D all under Diaz.

Y'all really need to try using your brains for once. This is about money. Period.

Banda has been coaching safeties for four years at Miami and now he's not qualified to coach safeties at Miami?

Please explain that to me like I'm 5.
If you think he is qualified for his position that is your opinion. And to think he is qualified to be a DC....then I cant help you

Advertisement
Make a slash and hire Muschamp when he gets canned. Muschamp will never be a HC again.
That would be a dream DC hire. Let him coach LBs and Trob Dbs, just need to hire a special teams coach. patke can’t be brought back under any circumstances

Banda has been coaching safeties for four years at Miami and now he's not qualified to coach safeties at Miami?

Please explain that to me like I'm 5.
Banda would not be hired by any other P5 school. He’s a good recruiter and bartender, that’s it. Just look how ****** he has developed our blue chip safety’s (he recruited) in a Defense where the safety is vital. Golden players are gone. Hall and Carter are complete trash and Bolden has been terrible the last month.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Manny is not going to purge his stupid little friends.

MAYBE a demotion. Maybe he will help Baker get a job elsewhere. Even then, he will only ever bring in another one of his underlings to be the defensive coordinator and be forced to run his defense.

Mannys entire identity is based around his defense. If Baker leaves of his own volition, expect Banda or Patke to be promoted to coordinator.

Just like when they were both promoted to co-coordinator when Manny left.

Dont EVER underestimate Miami coaches ineptitude or ability to do things that defy logic.

Manny is not going to purge his stupid little friends.

MAYBE a demotion. Maybe he will help Baker get a job elsewhere. Even then, he will only ever bring in another one of his underlings to be the defensive coordinator and be forced to run his defense.

Mannys entire identity is based around his defense. If Baker leaves of his own volition, expect Banda or Patke to be promoted to coordinator.

Just like when they were both promoted to co-coordinator when Manny left.

Dont EVER underestimate Miami coaches ineptitude or ability to do things that defy logic.
I’m done with Diaz if he promotes anyone on Defense to DC. On the other hand, he will win me over If he hires a legit DC.

Two options--

1. Diaz calls D, keeps Baker as a helper DC like Richt had Brown as OC.

2. Fires him. I don't know what he'll do. As long as Baker isn't calling the D, it's a win.

Hopefully Diaz goes after Brown from Meechigan when Harbaugh gets canned.
The DC that just let Wisconsin do whatever they wanted in the 1st half? **** no. Plenty of other options

Advertisement
Back