Blake Baker receives contract extension at Missouri

Patke’s connections aren’t limited.. he’s got all of southeast Texas under his belt.. he’s well connected and can walk into any Houston school and call someone up for love. He’s also a strong personality I don’t know where that narrative comes from
I really have no idea, I'm basing off the fat that after Miami he was at Incarnate Ward, jus assuming if he had strong connection he might land at a G5 school in the SW is all.
He also wasn't bringing in strong Texas talent. I'll give him Flagg, sure. Arroyo maybe? But I thought that was more of a Lashlee connection, since he isn't form Houston.
Again, I have no idea, I'm just following who is willing to write him a paycheque and the recruits, no inside info, feel free to divulge.

Advertisement
I really have no idea, I'm basing off the fat that after Miami he was at Incarnate Ward, jus assuming if he had strong connection he might land at a G5 school in the SW is all.
He also wasn't bringing in strong Texas talent. I'll give him Flagg, sure. Arroyo maybe? But I thought that was more of a Lashlee connection, since he isn't form Houston.
Again, I have no idea, I'm just following who is willing to write him a paycheque and the recruits, no inside info, feel free to divulge.
I think his career path matches his path from his playing days.. he was a 0 star recruit lol. Walk on. So he’s had to start from the literal bottom and prove himself is all

Patke’s connections aren’t limited.. he’s got all of southeast Texas under his belt.. he’s well connected and can walk into any Houston school and call someone up for love. He’s also a strong personality I don’t know where that narrative comes from

It's an interesting observation. While he was here, he had the rep for being a quiet/socially awkward guy. I dunno.

Regardless, looks like he's come into his own and that's great.

Advertisement
Simpson (co-Defensive coordinator at Duke)
Patke (after some success as DC and a bowl win, left Texas St to become new DC at Duke)
Banda (success as Associate HC and DC at Utah St. Has a Mountain West championship and bowl win)
Manny (great stint at PSU as DC and now HC at Duke)

Even the OC and DC from last season (Gattis and Steel) both coached teams (Maryland and Alabama) that won more games (8, 11) than the Canes this season And both might likely beat the Canes in a head-to-head match up If they had played this season.

We will see how well Mario and this current staff does. I am trying to remain optimistic. Hopefully, the current Canes coaches will outperform former staffs now that they have more talent on the roster. Hopefully, the coaches will develop these players and put them in a position to succeed. Hopefully, the players will put in the work and play fo each other. But so far, the results on the field have been underwhelming.
Reminds me of that wise adage:

"the common denominator in all of your dysfunctional relationships is you."

he agreed with that and but that’s because he had imposter syndrome while at Miami and understandably so.
Right so he wasn’t good here then lol. What he does in the future is entirely irrelevant to us - he did nothing that was better than neutral as a coach here. Like he is no different than Woodiel today. Woodiel can become a good coach. But if he moved on today and then 3 years from now was a good coach, it wouldn’t change the fact he did nothing for us. Now you have room for 1 or 2 of these guys on a staff, but once the HC leaves, that guy you were trying to develop is completely irrelevant, cause He proved absolutely nothing here.

Like Baker may be a legit good DC. He wasn’t great here though. And maybe that is Diaz’s fault. Patke didn’t do anything here, maybe that is also Diaz’s fault. But you’re also defending Diaz very strongly. So I guess the fault is on the University?…idk. Something has to give there. We can’t judge them on what they can/will do in the future, when the evidence they showed here wasn’t good. The most baffling evidence is that Diaz, Baker, Patke all were LB coaches here, And it was our worst position group on the roster. And they set us back so badly there it has still affected us 3 years later. That is honestly crazy.

I don’t even dislike Diaz either. But he shouldn’t have been our coach. He should have been Temples HC then gotten a job in P5 3 years later. And him, Patke, Banda, would all be following a better career arch. Well Banda probably is just trying to stick to NFL now I guess…

I liked Marcus Clarke. Forgot he left. **** could we have used him.
IDK man, the guy you were responding to I think embellished a bit with the "performing as high level SEC starters"

Honestly Realus was the better player. Made an appearance in all 12 games with 3 starts. 24 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 1 QB hurry and a forced fumble. Those really arent bad #s for a rotational DT

But Clarke? Last year he didnt start a game, appeared in 5 and had 1 tackle and 4 assists no INTs. This most recent year he played in only 8 games (unsure if he was hurt) no starts and 7 tackles with 5 assists with 2 INTs.

Maybe our definitions are different but I dont call either of those "high level SEC starters" and for the record I did like Clarke when he was here. **** his best season was his soph. season with us when he had 16 tackles, 8 assists and an INT in 8 games.

Simpson (co-Defensive coordinator at Duke)
Patke (after some success as DC and a bowl win, left Texas St to become new DC at Duke)
Banda (success as Associate HC and DC at Utah St. Has a Mountain West championship and bowl win)
Manny (great stint at PSU as DC and now HC at Duke)

Even the OC and DC from last season (Gattis and Steel) both coached teams (Maryland and Alabama) that won more games (8, 11) than the Canes this season And both might likely beat the Canes in a head-to-head match up If they had played this season.

We will see how well Mario and this current staff does. I am trying to remain optimistic. Hopefully, the current Canes coaches will outperform former staffs now that they have more talent on the roster. Hopefully, the coaches will develop these players and put them in a position to succeed. Hopefully, the players will put in the work and play fo each other. But so far, the results on the field have been underwhelming.

ok I’m not saying Banda didn’t end up being a successful coach. He has. But when was hired at Miami, that was his first on the field coaching job. Believe he was an analyst for one year and a GA before that.

I’m sorry but he should have never been hired. He resume should have never made it past HR screening.

Patke? Success? Naw bro. He didn’t have success at Miami and he didn’t have success at Incarnate Word or Texas St. Those programs succeeded in spite of him. I was in the stands when Sac St scored 63 points on his defense 2 years ago. Only reason Sac St lost was their HC was more focused on the Stanford HC job he was getting hired for the next day. Last year his defense gave 70 to Butch Jones and Arkansas St.

Simpson again has turned out to be a good coach but look at his resume pre Miami. He was a HS HC and spent 1 year as assistant DL coach with falcons. He simply didn’t have the resume to become the Miami DL Coach.

Advertisement
ok I’m not saying Banda didn’t end up being a successful coach. He has. But when was hired at Miami, that was his first on the field coaching job. Believe he was an analyst for one year and a GA before that.

I’m sorry but he should have never been hired. He resume should have never made it past HR screening.

Patke? Success? Naw bro. He didn’t have success at Miami and he didn’t have success at Incarnate Word or Texas St. Those programs succeeded in spite of him. I was in the stands when Sac St scored 63 points on his defense 2 years ago. Only reason Sac St lost was their HC was more focused on the Stanford HC job he was getting hired for the next day. Last year his defense gave 70 to Butch Jones and Arkansas St.

Simpson again has turned out to be a good coach but look at his resume pre Miami. He was a HS HC and spent 1 year as assistant DL coach with falcons. He simply didn’t have the resume to become the Miami DL Coach.
You don’t have to have the resume all the time. Sometimes it takes foresight. Schuman uga dc didn’t have some extensive resume but he is one of the best young minds in cfb. Jim leohnard same thing. Hartline just starting coaching at osu in 2017

Advertisement
Manny Diaz almost ruined this guy with his defense and forcing him to run certain schemes
Yup. It looks like he's going to do the same thing at Duke. It's hard for some coaches to let go. Hiring your understudy can be a recipe for disaster.

Reminds me of that wise adage:

"the common denominator in all of your dysfunctional relationships is you."
Screenshot_20230225_005749_DuckDuckGo.png

Advertisement
As long as Lance stays here a few more yrs the defense gonna be tough
They can have all the bakers they want

Advertisement
Back