Blake Baker receives contract extension at Missouri

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium

The University of Missouri has approved a contract extension for Mizzou football defensive coordinator Blake Baker through the 2025 season, which includes an increase in his annual salary, Head Coach Eliah Drinkwitz announced Thursday.

"We're really excited about not only Blake but the rest of our defensive staff," Drinkwitz said. "He has done a really good job utilizing our scheme and playing well together and making some great calls at the right times. I appreciate our administration and our athletic department and Board of Curators for investing in our program and we are looking forward to Coach Baker being our defensive coordinator for a long time."

Baker, in his first year at Mizzou, had led a defense which ranks in the top half of the Southeastern Conference. The Tigers are allowing just 310.6 yards per game, the 19th-best mark nationally – a marked improvement from the 2021 team which allowed 434.7 yards per game, ranking 106th in FBS. The 87-place improvement ranks second nationally, trailing only Virginia (+90) which ranked 121st in 2021 and has moved to 31st in 2022.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah, I thought about that, but then I thought about the slew of coaches that became heroes in yr 1 at their new jobs, & being the bums we knew they were while here
It’s probably a combination of both tbh. We can’t be THAT unlucky to hire duds every time but Miami roster can’t be THAT bad where we can’t be decent.

Advertisement
We’ve had a lot of coaches come & go who’ve had success elsewhere.. almost like, we’re the problem.

:6fps6:
No one would eeeeeeeevvvvveerrr believe that....
Season 9 Wow GIF by The Office

The University of Missouri has approved a contract extension for Mizzou football defensive coordinator Blake Baker through the 2025 season, which includes an increase in his annual salary, Head Coach Eliah Drinkwitz announced Thursday.

"We're really excited about not only Blake but the rest of our defensive staff," Drinkwitz said. "He has done a really good job utilizing our scheme and playing well together and making some great calls at the right times. I appreciate our administration and our athletic department and Board of Curators for investing in our program and we are looking forward to Coach Baker being our defensive coordinator for a long time."

Baker, in his first year at Mizzou, had led a defense which ranks in the top half of the Southeastern Conference. The Tigers are allowing just 310.6 yards per game, the 19th-best mark nationally – a marked improvement from the 2021 team which allowed 434.7 yards per game, ranking 106th in FBS. The 87-place improvement ranks second nationally, trailing only Virginia (+90) which ranked 121st in 2021 and has moved to 31st in 2022.

And i got a ingrown toenail, who gives a ****! It might not look like it now but better days are coming!

Advertisement
Advertisement

Lmao UVA moved cause of us! 🤮

At least he and Manny recruited the LB position well while they were here

Advertisement
Back