Blake Baker receives contract extension at Missouri

Not sure where you are going with that. I personally gave every one of our coaches time to rebuild the team to their blueprint before judging them. I don't think you can be "too forgiving" or "too unforgiving" of a new HC only 1 to 2 years into their tenure because it's still not their team. Jury's still out.

Radio lost me with his terrible recruiting, Davis & Cook, and UVA in the Orange Bowl. *** lost me with "The Al Golden Summer Camps", disappearing for multiple days to try to land the PSU contract and sticking with Dorito. Richt never lost me, he quit rather than fire his son and friends from UGA. Keeping them on would have been a third rail for me. Manny didn't lose me with Enos, he corrected that and brought in Lashlee. He lost me with the #TNM, the slip & slide and just like Shannon, horrific recruiting.

These guys all had some talent, I won't deny that. But overall, they weren't good HCs, much less great.

Mario didn't lose me with Gattis, he corrected that just like Manny corrected Enos. And he's corrected pretty much every thing else. I don't see that as being too forgiving but awareness of where we're at in the Mario rebuild. Hit me up in halfway through the 2024 season, which is when we will have enough data to fully measure him. I predict we'll be very happy with the program's progress by then.
“I personally gave the coaches…”; I’m sure they’re grateful for you, Grover

Advertisement
“I personally gave the coaches…”; I’m sure they’re grateful for you, Grover

Hah, my opinion doesn’t even matter inside my own home . But you know the thing about democracy and sports is everyone gets a vote. Full or empty stadiums matter. People on here were saying the banners wouldn’t mean anything to the admin but I’m convinced Golden would have finished the season out without fan outrage.

This is like the girlfriend that got away. “She looks so good with her new boyfriend, why couldn’t she look this good when with me?” Time to look in the mirror. So many stars have to align for a successful program. BB may have been a star, but it it means nothing if the others were not on the same page, not aligned. This has been our problem. I think we’re on the cusp of something good with this Admin, coaching, recruiting and the players we have. Time to appreciate what we have, and be patient. Time for a new perspective.

Advertisement
Blake baker and patke are much better coaches than they were given credit for here. Manny brought them down not the other way around. Both are up and coming stars. Patke will leave Texas state in the next two years and be the dc at one of the major Texas programs remember this

Advertisement
Blake baker and patke are much better coaches than they were given credit for here. Manny brought them down not the other way around. Both are up and coming stars. Patke will leave Texas state in the next two years and be the dc at one of the major Texas programs remember this

Banda seems to be doing alright too. And we know Lashlee, Justice and Likens seem to be doing just fine at SMU.

Manny didn't have an issue hiring talented staff. He was just a terrible head coach. ... That said, of all those guys, I feel Blake Baker is the most suspect. I've had to be a Yes Man working for some bosses, so he deserves to get a mulligan no doubt. But I also didn't see him eating up the trail in recruiting. Feels just m'okay to me.

Banda seems to be doing alright too. And we know Lashlee, Justice and Likens seem to be doing just fine at SMU.

Manny didn't have an issue hiring talented staff. He was just a terrible head coach. ... That said, of all those guys, I feel Blake Baker is the most suspect. I've had to be a Yes Man working for some bosses, so he deserves to get a mulligan no doubt. But I also didn't see him eating up the trail in recruiting. Feels just m'okay to me.
I would say patke was the “DVD” of the bunch. Superstar coach potential that was never realized at Miami. Except his talent was x & o’s not recruiting although he’s improved in that department. Baker probably does have the least upside

None of y’all thought this about him vs North Carolina
I thought his defense was fine for the most part with the exception of 2020, mostly just the UNC game. Not going to throw out the COVID-19 excuse but that definitely made things difficult for defenses and preparation. Still no excuse for the most pathetic defensive performance ever witnessed at HRS, and we’ve seen some bad ones.

I think you started to see the lack of talent/depth on the defensive side of the ball in 2020/2021. Once we lost Shaq and Pinckney, we were officially screwed at LB and have been trying desperately to recover. Losing Phillips and Rousseau hurt too.

Advertisement
I thought his defense was fine for the most part with the exception of 2020, mostly just the UNC game. Not going to throw out the COVID-19 excuse but that definitely made things difficult for defenses and preparation. Still no excuse for the most pathetic defensive performance ever witnessed at HRS, and we’ve seen some bad ones.

I think you started to see the lack of talent/depth on the defensive side of the ball in 2020/2021. Once we lost Shaq and Pinckney, we were officially screwed at LB and have been trying desperately to recover. Losing Phillips and Rousseau hurt too.

2020 was a better year for us than people remember. It all feels rotten because of the UNC game....but we finished the season 8-2 and should've been 9-2 but our last game against a bad GT team was canceled. We were also tied at 7-1 in the ACC with Clem before the ACC just sent a big *** middle finger and chose Clem to play in the Championship game before we even finished out the season....team and staff likely checked out mentally after Duke when they announced that B.S.

Stacy Searels-UGA OL
Todd Hartley-UGA TE/ST
Manny Diaz-Penn State DC
Ron Dugans-FSU WR coach
Al Golden-Notre Dame DC
Thomas Brown-Carolina Panthers OC
Emphrim Banda-Cleveland Browns Safeties
Blake Baker-Missouri DC
Josh Gattis-Maryland OC
Dan Enos-Arkansas OC

Yeah seems people find success after leaving here

2020 was a better year for us than people remember. It all feels rotten because of the UNC game....but we finished the season 8-2 and should've been 9-2 but our last game against a bad GT team was canceled. We were also tied at 7-1 in the ACC with Clem before the ACC just sent a big *** middle finger and chose Clem to play in the Championship game before we even finished out the season....team and staff likely checked out mentally after Duke when they announced that B.S.
It really was a solid year. 8 wins, 7 against P5 opponents which matches 2017. If we got our FCS wimp and another game against a G5 opponent, we’d have easily won 10 games.

Advertisement
If manny kept the job at temple and hired baker, patke,jess simpson, and banda he would have been one of the hottest names for HC after a couple years.

And probably would have been a candidate for us lol

Advertisement
Back