Blake Baker on LSU DC Hotboard

I think Blake Baker’s role in the D is greatly overblown by this board.

It’s Manny’s D. Manny really isn’t that great at running a D.

For God’s sake, Manny was involved in a 51-50 game (I don’t even remember which team won the game) vs Dan Enos when he was DC at MSU.

Advertisement
Even if he left and failed we would still see Manny's Defense dude just hires yes men.
Yeah I think Baker would do better at LSU. I think he’d learn a lot from Coach O. And clearly coach O demands collaboration and no egos on his staff. So I think Blake would be better because he can add to him scheme.

Y'all sleep on Baker but the coaching circles know what's up.
I’ll be honest this goes through my head a lot but then I remember 3rd and 17 or any other third and long and think no shot they are talking bout the same Blake Baker.

Advertisement
Yeah I think Baker would do better at LSU. I think he’d learn a lot from Coach O. And clearly coach O demands collaboration and no egos on his staff. So I think Blake would be better because he can add to him scheme.
He would look better based on talent alone

Advertisement
I think Blake Baker’s role in the D is greatly overblown by this board.

It’s Manny’s D. Manny really isn’t that great at running a D.

For God’s sake, Manny was involved in a 51-50 game (I don’t even remember which team won the game) vs Dan Enos when he was DC at MSU.
The defence is noticeably different when Diaz and Baker are calling it.

For one, Baker loves an ineffective 3 man rush. They both love a blitz from Bolivia, but Baker calls them more often.

The defence is noticeably different when Diaz and Baker are calling it.

For one, Baker loves an ineffective 3 man rush. They both love a blitz from Bolivia, but Baker calls them more often.

Look at hornfans and what they say about Manny’s D.

He’s talked about like Dorito is on here.

Advertisement
I don't need to know what Texas Longhorn fans think about Diaz's prowess as a DC.

I saw him call plays for two years at Miami. That's more than enough to judge him by.

See what job offers Manny gets after being fired.

He’s probably going to be like Shannon and Golden and bounce around various places as a position coach for years. He probably won’t even be able to eventually regain DC status (albeit at the UCF level) like Shannon has.

Allowing 50 or 51 points to Dan Enos. And 10 million rushing yards to the BYU QB. Jesus.

Advertisement
Blake is on their list but way down after some big names. Doubt it happens.

I know they're feeling on top of the world right now but some names on that list are laughable like Leonhard and Grinch making lateral moves.

Look at hornfans and what they say about Manny’s D.

He’s talked about like Dorito is on here.

Everyone under Mack Brown after he lost the national championship looked like garbage. His last few years at Texas was a dumpster fire. Manny was successful EVERYWHERE but Texas, and that’s me watching him from his MTSU days.

Everyone under Mack Brown after he lost the national championship looked like garbage. His last few years at Texas was a dumpster fire. Manny was successful EVERYWHERE but Texas, and that’s me watching him from his MTSU days.

Greg Robinson is supposed to have done a pretty good job at Texas after Manny got fired.

It just was too little, too late to save Brown.

Advertisement
Back