Blake Baker on LSU DC Hotboard

The delusional folks on this board were saying the same ish when LSU gave Ed the head coaching job. You would think they would learn from their mistakes.
So many of these people on here parallel the thought pattern of the extreme liberal left in today's political environment. I've always wondered why I've witnessed so many Cane on Cane fights between fellow fans before during and after games. I always chalked it up to , that's just how people roll in our crazy *** city of Miami. Nah man. Our fan base is full of a bunch of soft *** liberal wackos. Sad.

Go Canes!!!!!!

Think you confused this for your QAnon message board.

Advertisement
Yeah..personally I think we need to hit SEC country more and try to pull the monsters. GA, MISS, SC, NC, Louisiana..they built different
Our problem is closing more then identifying .....we have the most decomitts man. We need to identify better on ol and dl overall though ur right

Defense even under Manny often seemed disjointed, Blitzers running into each other, stunts poorly coordinated: This year we had multiple second and third string quarterbacks look like Heisman Trophy winners against us. Sam Howell a true freshman lite us up, in his second game, and how many times coming off bye weeks did we looked lost on defense, and how many missed tackles, 29 just in the G.T. game. Sorry not impress, even our 4 year linebackers seemed not to improve

Advertisement
Blake Baker and Randy Shannon both listed by 247 as possible replacements for Dave Aranda lol

Y'all act like 247Sports is the be-all end-all of media. Who cares what these guys throw at the wall.

Watch Baker leave and then Diaf promotes Patke/Banda. That would be the Miami move, here.

That move was already made by Richt.

Richt was pressured to retire and Manny was hired in part because of the idiocy of that move.

Would be rather ironic if Manny made that move, after having been hired in part not to make that move.

That move was already made by Richt.

Richt was pressured to retire and Manny was hired in part because of the idiocy of that move.

Would be rather ironic if Manny made that move, after having been hired in part not to make that move.

How/why do you think Richt did it? It was because Mannyf pushed for them

How/why do you think Richt did it? It was because Mannyf pushed for them

Richt made that move because he knew he was done and a coaching search was pointless. Not because his former DC pushed for anything. If Manny pushed for them don’t you think he would have kept them?

Advertisement
Wait a minute-- all the CIS know-it-alls already claim that Blake Baker is a total loser....

Are their heads going to explode if LSU takes him as DC?

And does that mean Coach Orgeron becomes a total moron like Manny as well if he takes Baker?

Richt made that move because he knew he was done and a coaching search was pointless. Not because his former DC pushed for anything. If Manny pushed for them don’t you think he would have kept them?

Richt did the co-DC thing because he was lazy and didn’t want to interview people. He was planning on returning at the time he did the co-DC thing. He didn’t decide to retire until a few weeks later.

Anyway, Banda and Patke are almost certainly getting DC salaries. (Unless their co-DC contracts were revocable before the season started, which I doubt.) That’s presumably why Patke is the special teams coach. And why Banda still holds the nominal co-DC title.

Quit slurping Richt and pretending like he wasn’t actually planning on having Banda and Patke as co-DCs in 2019 and beyond.

Last edited:
Y'all act like 247Sports is the be-all end-all of media. Who cares what these guys throw at the wall.

Yeah, this doesn’t seem like anything more than one or 2 random guys’ speculation. They aren’t even claiming to have sources.

Honestly I hope we can keep him. We definitely took a step back but the defense was mostly reasonable (I still remember the Golden days..). I don't think we could get anyone better right now mostly.

Advertisement
The delusional folks on this board were saying the same ish when LSU gave Ed the head coaching job. You would think they would learn from their mistakes.
So many of these people on here parallel the thought pattern of the extreme liberal left in today's political environment. I've always wondered why I've witnessed so many Cane on Cane fights between fellow fans before during and after games. I always chalked it up to , that's just how people roll in our crazy *** city of Miami. Nah man. Our fan base is full of a bunch of soft *** liberal wackos. Sad.

Go Canes!!!!!!
Congratulations...that may have been the most stupid thing posted on CIS in years...and that's saying a lot!

Defense even under Manny often seemed disjointed, Blitzers running into each other, stunts poorly coordinated: This year we had multiple second and third string quarterbacks look like Heisman Trophy winners against us. Sam Howell a true freshman lite us up, in his second game, and how many times coming off bye weeks did we looked lost on defense, and how many missed tackles, 29 just in the G.T. game. Sorry not impress, even our 4 year linebackers seemed not to improve
That's been my problem with our defense. I like the concept, the idea of creating havoc, attacking, etc. But they need to increase the football IQ of the players and make sure that havoc is against the offense and doesn't turn into our defensive players running into each other and just randomly flying around. Too many times we'd have one linebacker running right up the back of another linebacker...who was up the back of a d-lineman....while the other team's QB or RB zips through an enormous open gap.

Advertisement
Our problem is closing more then identifying .....we have the most decomitts man. We need to identify better on ol and dl overall though ur right
Most then decommits are these south Florida kids..I personally think we shouldn’t take public commitments from kids until the end of their Junior seasons in HS..I never understood taking commitments from HS Fresh or sophomores. They have so much time to go from that time to their sr years..and committable offers shouldn’t be made to kids until after their sophomore years in HS..

Advertisement
Back