Blades out for rest of 2020

Advertisement
you got a source on how many players have contracted myocarditis?

there was a study published prior to the season that showed a significant amount of covid patients developed this condition. It was literally the reason conferences decided to cancel their season.
The only study I know of is the one from September. But considering that most athletes have come back, it would seem to not be a huge issue.

Advertisement
The only study I know of is the one from September. But considering that most athletes have come back, it would seem to not be a huge issue.

Absolutely correct. Covid-19 myocarditis can cause blood clots all over the vascular system.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wait we blaming young and Richards on the medical staff. The same staff that found the issues and saved these young men lives. Some schools would’ve sent them boys out there to get further injured.

If I remember correctly young got hurt spear heading into a tackle. Keep your heads up fellas and I still don’t know how Richards got hurt to this day honestly. I don’t remember nothing to crazy except him leaving the LSU game if I remember correctly and never coming back

Most of athletes come back is true. Doesn't make it "rare". We are lucky that young people are otherwise healthy and can stand blow after blow to their systems. Anything that interfere with electrophysiology of the heart can be dangerous. Sudden, unrecognized arrhythmia can kill athletes.

Advertisement
Probably a good idea to limit this thread to get wells for Blades or discussion of what Barry did before it gets banished to the Covid forum.

By the way, while Barry was technically right to publish that information the question is, shouldn’t he have been respectful enough to check with Blades? I can’t say I blame Blades for feeling that way.

Also, when you guys have complained about UM keeping the lid on medical information, you see just a little sample here of how people can actually feel about their own medical information.

These guys may be athletes we watch and cheer on, but they also have rights to some degree of medical privacy, even though it’s extremely difficult in this environment.

Most of athletes come back is true. Doesn't make it "rare". We are lucky that young people are otherwise healthy and can stand blow after blow to their systems. Anything that interfere with electrophysiology of the heart can be dangerous. Sudden, unrecognized arrhythmia can kill athletes.
That's why we screen for it. Hopefully that's something that gets carried down to the HS level long term. It would be nice to never hear about a healthy 18 yr old athlete dying of a heart attack.

Look at it like this. Out of all the college football players, how many got covid? Out of those, how many developed myocarditis? That's what I mean by rare.

Advertisement
Back