Blades out for rest of 2020

I will provide more info later but the study you quoted in your reply says it all. That article from Argentina, the one you provided the link for says this: "The prevalence of cardiac injury is reported at 19%, and the prevalence of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism is higher than that for myocarditis"
I don't know about you man, but for me, 19% prevalence is not "rare".
But what has been observed among athletes? How many are in Al Blades' situation?

From that same link:
Athletes have the same risk as the general population for COVID-19 with a lower risk of complications or severe illness according to COVID-19 infection reports.

The Big 10 was claiming 35%. That obviously isn't close to reality. Even 20% seems high.

But this is why we have those three tests before returning. It sure sounds like that worked. It sucks for Blades, but he should be back to form in time for spring practice.

Advertisement
But the article you provide says 19%? Is this rare? Yes the vast majority recover. If you're are saying athletes rarely die from it then you have an argument on your hand. But I wasn't debating that.
We'd need to know how many athletes had a positive covid test and how many got myocarditis. Maybe it's been happening and nobody's said anything, but it seems like they'd be trying to underscore the earlier concerns by announcing it.

I've only heard of one from the NFL and one from MLB. Even that 35% figure was misquoted. It was only around 15%.

Take it easy and come back hungry.

Big ups on saying what's going on. Seems everyone wants to keep things a secret these days for no real reason.

We'd need to know how many athletes had a positive covid test and how many got myocarditis. Maybe it's been happening and nobody's said anything, but it seems like they'd be trying to underscore the earlier concerns by announcing it.

I've only heard of one from the NFL and one from MLB. Even that 35% figure was misquoted. It was only around 15%.

I think this thing is turning into people carrying agendas and holding grudges, using this kid’s misfortune as a gotcha or “told you so”, when it’s his bad luck he got it, and good fortune that a protocol was firmly in place to catch it.

Advertisement
****, I feel just terrible for Al. He'll be fine medically, but it will be so crushing to not be with his boys after all he's put in. ****.

I think this thing is turning into people carrying agendas and holding grudges, using this kid’s misfortune as a gotcha or “told you so”, when it’s his bad luck he got it, and good fortune that a protocol was firmly in place to catch it.

Journey Brown had a similar issue i think

Advertisement
AFF28CFF-96B8-435A-A426-74D9C44975BD.jpeg

His career MAY be over.... poor kid.

Depending on how his body responds-- many cases of myocarditis (inflammation and scarring of heart muscle) may be chronic and permanent in nature.

This is going to scare the ever-living **** out of every athlete at every level-- it's a spin of roulette whether you develop this disease after Covid.

And the "they expect he will make a full recovery" comment in the article is complete bull****! Covid and it's chronic complications are a total UNKNOWN at this time. It will take YEARS before the medical industry understands the details of Covid.... as was true across all new infectious diseases.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He will be fine. They caught in time.

FYI myocarditis isn’t just from covid. There is a plethora of other factors that could cause it.

• Viruses such as adenovirus, hepatitis B and C, parvovirus and herpes simplex virus
  • Bacteria such as staphylococcus, streptococcus
  • Parasites such as trypanosome cruzi and toxoplasma
  • Fungi- yeast infection such as candida, aspergillum, histoplasma
  • Medicines (antibiotics) such as penicillin, sulfonamide
  • Chemicals such as carbon monoxide or radiations
  • Other diseases such as lupus, Wegener's granulomatosis, takayasu's arteritis

Advertisement
Back