Bishop Gorman Star Tight End Elija Lofton Commits to Miami Hurricanes

The QB is ignoring backs and TEs.
The OC almost exclusively keeps TE and RB in to block.

When a TE does run a route, he’s ignored because defenses know he isn’t getting the ball, so there’s another defender tvd has to account for, which he’s having trouble doing. Yes, on those few occasions a TE runs a route, tvd is the one not throwing him the ball… because he can’t check down to his 4th option. Cant the OC scheme around that weakness?

How many times have you seen a back leak for a shallow pass to the middle? Or a TE? Their outlet is a receiver standing around LOS on the side opposite the hot route. Why isn’t the outlet someplace easier for the QB to find?

Advertisement
And when Dawson's offense was somewhat creative. Ga Tech is when it all changed......
Did the O change, or have Ds just figured out how to beat the QB? There’s still open receivers, they’re just not being targeted often enough.

I’m not absolving the OC… there seems to be some simple solutions that he isn’t implementing. That said, I don’t know if it’s fair to say the O is different, the qb just isn’t as good in zone.

Did the O change, or have Ds just figured out how to beat the QB? There’s still open receivers, they’re just not being targeted often enough.

I’m not absolving the OC… there seems to be some simple solutions that he isn’t implementing. That said, I don’t know if it’s fair to say the O is different, the qb just isn’t as good in zone.
Its more than just playing zone..Uva did not just sit in zone, they actually played a good amount of man in that game.. They just are putting extra guys in coverage to outnumber us and close the windows

They are using our tendencies against us..

Early downs when they know its a run they went with a inverted coverage so have the safety come down and stop the run or they just put extra guys in the box in a more normal way

3rd down and obvious pass down, they know we want to take a shot with max protection..We have killed teams all year with it, especially a&m so instead of sending extra they just out number us in coverage and have 6-8 vs our 3 or send more pressure to mix it up.

The problem the fanbase has is there is rarely any nuance when discussing football, everybody wants to blame one guy, instead of looking at the entire operation. Yea I think tvd deserves the most blame because he’s committing turnovers and turning bad plays into terrible ones that can’t happen at qb but dawson has to counter what teams are doing to put everyone in better situations and mario has to make sure its happening because all of it falling off after a bye week falls on him.

Advertisement
It’s already the best WR class we’ve had in a long time.

This whole board is missing how big of a talent Carr and Trader are.

Both of those guys will be taking snaps the minute they get on the roster.

They won’t listen. They only know how to *****. Team is 6-2 after being one of the worst P5 teams in the whole country last year, doesn’t matter. Just all negativity, all the time.

Advertisement
Its more than just playing zone..Uva did not just sit in zone, they actually played a good amount of man in that game.. They just are putting extra guys in coverage to outnumber us and close the windows

Early downs when they know its a run they went with a inverted coverage so have the safety come down and stop the run or they just put extra guys in the box in a more normal way

3rd down and obvious pass down, they know we want to take a shot with max protection..We have killed teams all year with it, especially a&m so instead of sending extra they just out number us in coverage and have 6-8 vs our 3 or send more pressure to mix it up.

The problem the fanbase has is there is rarely any nuance when discussing football, everybody wants to blame one guy, instead of looking at the entire operation. Yea I think tvd deserves the most blame because he’s committing turnovers and turning bad plays into terrible ones that can’t happen at qb but dawson has to counter what teams are doing to put everyone in better situations and mario has to make sure its happening because all of it falling off after a bye week falls on him.
Yea man I agree. Really football is about numbers. Let’s see if the staff is able to help their struggling qb.

It’s already the best WR class we’ve had in a long time.

This whole board is missing how big of a talent Carr and Trader are.

Both of those guys will be taking snaps the minute they get on the roster.
Carr yes, he’s special.

I think Trader might need some time but should still find his way onto the field in ‘24.

Advertisement
The Dolphins have an innovative offense that is centered around the run game lol. If we had that exact same offense, people here would be calling it bro style. That's just a fact. Yeah we want bigger more explosive plays - in the run game too. The problem today is our QB lol. We had big plays when our QB played well. We don't when he's not.

The job of recruiter is to tell the story of why in a compelling manner. Well that Qb isn't going to be here next year, and you use what we did early in the season - and hopefully to end the season when he gets his head out his *** to show that...

We're doing a good job recruiting WRs right now, so this doesn't really matter much.

The Veer and Shoot is centered around running the ball. I’ve been begging for that offense for years now. Would sell my soul for Briles to come here. The thread right before Gattis was hired mentioned the Tenn OC as a possibility and that was the hire I wanted when it became obvious it wouldn’t be Briles.

Some of us can distinguish between bro ball and a effective offense built around running. Mario has already run bro ball. Which is why he has always produced so many horrible offensive performances, regardless of QB.

So.... coaching

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back