Bishop Gorman Star Tight End Elija Lofton Commits to Miami Hurricanes

The Texas 247 board posted a list of possible visitors as of yesterday.

Elija Lofton, TE, Bishop Gorman (NV) *Maybe* — Would be an official visit if Lofton makes it to campus.

Nothing else said about him today. Hank South, former 247 writer for Bama is now at Texas. I'd believe him and their writers before I'd believe ON3...

Advertisement
Our WRs get the ball just as much as they do. LSU passed downfield more though.
LSU is third in passing yards per game and we’re 37th.

LSU is tied for the most passing touchdowns, and second in longest average completion. We are also in the high 30s for passing TDs.

Their top 2 WRs both have more yards and twice as many TDs as our best receiver (X).

X does have 1 more reception then their leading receiver though lol

Edit: since posting this I see a few people said similar things

LSU is third in passing yards per game and we’re 37th.

LSU is tied for the most passing touchdowns, and second in longest average completion. We are also in the high 30s for passing TDs.

Their top 2 WRs both have more yards and twice as many TDs as our best receiver (X).

X does have 1 more reception then their leading receiver though lol
Yeah, thats a longer way of saying our WRs get the ball as much as them lol. The point? We're not not passing the ball at the same rate.

Yeah, thats a longer way of saying our WRs get the ball as much as them lol. The point? We're not not passing the ball at the same rate.
we’re not passing the ball as effectively is the point. They average more TDs and yards than we do. Recruits like touches but they like getting yards and TDs too.

Our passing game is WAY better than last year but LSU is literally a top 3 passing offense by any metric.

we’re not passing the ball as effectively is the point. They average more TDs and yards than we do. Recruits like touches but they like getting yards and TDs too.

Our passing game is WAY better than last year but LSU is literally a top 3 passing offense by any metric.
Right... The original comment was Colorado and LSU really sling it around. We sling it around too when our QB isn't turtling. The Catches are there. The ypc and TDs were there the first half of the season before our QB took a massive step back from the deep ball. People are acting like our offense is prehistoric lol.

Advertisement
The Texas 247 board posted a list of possible visitors as of yesterday.

Elija Lofton, TE, Bishop Gorman (NV) *Maybe* — Would be an official visit if Lofton makes it to campus.

Nothing else said about him today. Hank South, former 247 writer for Bama is now at Texas. I'd believe him and their writers before I'd believe ON3...

Hank has always been legit. Didn’t know he was at Texas now

Right... The original comment was Colorado and LSU really sling it around. We sling it around too when our QB isn't turtling. The Catches are there. The ypc and TDs were there the first half of the season before our QB took a massive step back from the deep ball. People are acting like our offense is prehistoric lol.
I don’t think our offense is prehistoric but I don’t think pass attempts or completions gives enough information about how innovative an offense is.

Dolphins this year have a super innovative offense and lead the league in pass yards, pass TDs, and yards/attempt. They are 11th in attempts though.

You can’t just say the patriots and the jaguars or the Saints have as exciting of an offense because they have similar attempts or completions.

Our offense hasn’t looked as exciting since the A&M game all year but especially since the bye game. Our qb has been hurt to varying degrees all year and our staff is super secretive about that so it’s hard to know how much of an impact is related to injuries or yips or new play calls or coverage or whatever.

We have been moving back to the bro style offense though and it looks different than it did when people were excited about it earlier in the year

UNC actually dropped the average, just to be clear. Obviously the Clemson game decimated it.

He’s been terrible but Van Dyke is still 24th in the country in Y/A. Not sure about Y/C on the individual stats. (Scratch that, TVD is 43rd in Y/C, that does include non-FBS matchups)
He’s been terrible since he hurt his ribs and hand in the Carolina game. Prior to that he was dealing

Advertisement
I don’t think our offense is prehistoric but I don’t think pass attempts or completions gives enough information about how innovative an offense is.

Dolphins this year have a super innovative offense and lead the league in pass yards, pass TDs, and yards/attempt. They are 11th in attempts though.

You can’t just say the patriots and the jaguars or the Saints have as exciting of an offense because they have similar attempts or completions.

Our offense hasn’t looked as exciting since the A&M game all year but especially since the bye game. Our qb has been hurt to varying degrees all year and our staff is super secretive about that so it’s hard to know how much of an impact is related to injuries or yips or new play calls or coverage or whatever.

We have been moving back to the bro style offense though and it looks different than it did when people were excited about it earlier in the year
The Dolphins have an innovative offense that is centered around the run game lol. If we had that exact same offense, people here would be calling it bro style. That's just a fact. Yeah we want bigger more explosive plays - in the run game too. The problem today is our QB lol. We had big plays when our QB played well. We don't when he's not.

The job of recruiter is to tell the story of why in a compelling manner. Well that Qb isn't going to be here next year, and you use what we did early in the season - and hopefully to end the season when he gets his head out his *** to show that...

We're doing a good job recruiting WRs right now, so this doesn't really matter much.

The Dolphins have an innovative offense that is centered around the run game lol. If we had that exact same offense, people here would be calling it bro style. That's just a fact. Yeah we want bigger more explosive plays - in the run game too. The problem today is our QB lol. We had big plays when our QB played well. We don't when he's not.

The job of recruiter is to tell the story of why in a compelling manner. Well that Qb isn't going to be here next year, and you use what we did early in the season - and hopefully to end the season when he gets his head out his *** to show that...

We're doing a good job recruiting WRs right now, so this doesn't really matter much.
Lol if our offense was number one in passing yards, yards per attempt, passing touchdowns AND was highly effective running the ball people would nut themselves

Advertisement
Lol if our offense was number one in passing yards, yards per attempt, passing touchdowns AND was highly effective running the ball people would nut themselves
Don't be so confident. Also I said same offense. You can have the same offense with different results. Particularly if your Qb isn't playing well. We don't have the speed to be as successful as the Dolphins running the same plays....

we are doing what we have to do to win, this year.

This year's team isn't last year's team, and there's no reason to believe this year's team will be the same next season. Things change as we develop and elevate the talent-level on our roster; this entire line of argument is emotional and myopic.

If he is as versatile, talented and physically ready as he appears to be he'll do more than the current blocking TE. His skillset is different compared to every other TE on our roster and Miami should be viewed by Lofton as an opportunity to play early, which Mario (used to coach TE position) has shown he's willing to do.

We are 6-2 with a great opportunity and the direction of the program is evident to anyone watching our games.

Beat NCS!
Ignoring backs and TEs is making it easier for defenses to put numbers into coverage. The OC isn’t doing what he has to for Ws. Hes doing what he’s always done.

Advertisement
....(but don't actually throw a 6th OL out there please lol)
Sorry Young And Restless GIF by CBS

based off of where he is visiting in colorado and lsu we definately aint in the running.
atleast he going to places that really sling it around im guessing...kid if smart just goes to lsu.
Also i have him as 1a or 1b with JJ SMITH
Agreed

One off jj wingo drelon and its our best wr class ever or in a while

Advertisement
Back