Bishop Gorman Star Tight End Elija Lofton Commits to Miami Hurricanes

i HONESTLY DONT THINK HE WILL BE A TRUE TIGHT END HERE.

I THINK THIS KID WILL BE A SHORT YARDAGE BACK, REDZONE GUY.

He likely splits out some and can be used in the back field on passing downs.

Think a Najeh Davenport h back type.

If we keep him he has that role here locked up....him, Fletch, maybe Chaneyw ould be our only power back types.
CJ Donaldson clone?

Advertisement
**** one of my fave recruits in class. Just a football guy. Would suck, but I would understand it.

i HONESTLY DONT THINK HE WILL BE A TRUE TIGHT END HERE.

I THINK THIS KID WILL BE A SHORT YARDAGE BACK, REDZONE GUY.

He likely splits out some and can be used in the back field on passing downs.

Think a Najeh Davenport h back type.

If we keep him he has that role here locked up....him, Fletch, maybe Chaneyw ould be our only power back types.
Backfield on passing downs? Like throwing a pass to someone coming out of the backfield? Nice idea but Is that legal?

Advertisement
So the staff got lied to….again (allegedly). Not a great look (for a Gaby either), and it’s been a reoccurring theme this cycle regarding false sense of confidence or belief.

Naturally would expect a flip down the road based on how these things usually go, but was never super enamored with him as I think he’s close to being physically maxed out based on his size.

Obviously from a ratings perspective / being the only TE commit, it wouldn’t be ideal. Maybe they’ll get him down for Louisville on a visit if we rattle off an NC St and FSU win.

Can we relax a bit on the “flip” talk. Didn’t Chance take multiple visits to OSU? Hasn’t Jeremiah Smith visited UM numerous times without flipping?

Advertisement
Can we relax a bit on the “flip” talk. Didn’t Chance take multiple visits to OSU? Hasn’t Jeremiah Smith visited UM numerous times without flipping?

Meant to quote Lofton…

He’s going to Texas this weekend

based off of where he is visiting in colorado and lsu we definately aint in the running.
atleast he going to places that really sling it around im guessing...kid if smart just goes to lsu.
Also i have him as 1a or 1b with JJ SMITH
Our WRs get the ball just as much as they do. LSU passed downfield more though.

Advertisement
So the staff got lied to….again (allegedly). Not a great look (for a Gaby either), and it’s been a reoccurring theme this cycle regarding false sense of confidence or belief.

Naturally would expect a flip down the road based on how these things usually go, but was never super enamored with him as I think he’s close to being physically maxed out based on his size.

Obviously from a ratings perspective / being the only TE commit, it wouldn’t be ideal. Maybe they’ll get him down for Louisville on a visit if we rattle off an NC St and FSU win.
How is this not a good look for Gaby? The only way he would know the staff was told he wasnt going is if someone on the staff told him that. And if they told him that, they wanted it out there.

How is this not a good look for Gaby? The only way he would know the staff was told he wasnt going is if someone on the staff told him that. And if they told him that, they wanted it out there.
Guess that’s fair If that’s what the staff was led to believe.

Gaby is 90% an outlet for the staff anyways

Advertisement
Getting the ball in what way though?.

LSU has 2 wrs with more yards than our top wr. Those dudes also account for 20 tds.
LSU is third in the country in yards per completion at 15.7 yards a clip. Last three games they’re actually first with 18 yards per completion. They sit 68th in passing plays per game so it shows the explosiveness they have.

We’re 74th in yards per completion, and I’d imagine most of that stems from A&M and a little UNC. Not sure what we’d be without those two, but last three games…we’re 121st in yards per completion…

That’s atrocious. One had Emory and yes TVD is banged up, I get it. Just listing the numbers.

Last edited:
LSU is third in the country in yards per completion at 15.7 yards a clip. Last three games they’re actually first with 18 yards per completion. They’re actually 68th in passing plays per game so it shows the explosiveness they have.

We’re 74th in yards per completion, and I’d imagine most of that stems from A&M and a little UNC. Not sure what we’d be without that, but last three games…we’re 121st in yards per completion…

That’s atrocious.
UNC actually dropped the average, just to be clear. Obviously the Clemson game decimated it.

He’s been terrible but Van Dyke is still 24th in the country in Y/A. Not sure about Y/C on the individual stats. (Scratch that, TVD is 43rd in Y/C, that does include non-FBS matchups)

Advertisement
Back