Bishop Gorman Star Tight End Elija Lofton Commits to Miami Hurricanes

View as article
Im assuming they will use him at RB In short yardage and goaline the guy is a tough runner and already strong. After watching Fletcher yesterday and seeing that we don't have any other healthy physical runners at this time it makes sense. I don't see Riley being that type next year and still don't know about citizen. If they don't use him like that and a utility role in general it doesn't make sense.

I'm not attacking you, I just hope, if this is the case, our RB room (which, by then, would consist of Fletcher, Citizen, Riley, Allen, etc) are all on board with this. I could see us doing exactly what you're suggesting. I just think it would look ridiculous to bypass NFL type RBs and hand the ball off to a HB/FB..

Advertisement
I'm not attacking you, I just hope, if this is the case, our RB room (which, by then, would consist of Fletcher, Citizen, Riley, Allen, etc) are all on board with this. I could see us doing exactly what you're suggesting. I just think it would look ridiculous to bypass NFL type RBs and hand the ball off to a HB/FB..
I get it, I don't trust Citizen until he atleast plays he's just potential. Allen seems more like a third down or change of pace back. Riley seems like he could be a 3 down type in a year or two. As it stands though out of the RB you mentioned Fletcher is the only 200+ pound guy until Citizen returns.

I get it, I don't trust Citizen until he atleast plays he's just potential. Allen seems more like a third down or change of pace back. Riley seems like he could be a 3 down type in a year or two. As it stands though out of the RB you mentioned Fletcher is the only 200+ pound guy until Citizen returns.

In this very specific scenario, I'd rather hand the ball off to someone who use to getting the ball in these scenarios, and not to a highly coveted HS HB/TE, who is more use to BLOCKING for these scenarios.

My point is, I hope we have an actual plan for Lofton because our current plan for Arroyo, R.Williams, and Skinner is trash. And, I mention those names specifically because they were also highly coveted TEs in HS

Advertisement
Advertisement
In this very specific scenario, I'd rather hand the ball off to someone who use to getting the ball in these scenarios, and not to a highly coveted HS HB/TE, who is more use to BLOCKING for these scenarios.

My point is, I hope we have an actual plan for Lofton because our current plan for Arroyo, R.Williams, and Skinner is trash. And, I mention those names specifically because they were also highly coveted TEs in HS
Yea I agree just saying the options we have right now. The RB we were going after that committed to UGA would of been a good option struck out on him. Doesn't seem like they went after anyone else after.

If it's not for that reason RB/utility player I would imagine his talents will be wasted as well though.

Will Mallory couldn’t block a lick and he was our top receiver last year.

I think this year’s TE production is a combination of Arroyo’s injury, Williams’s youth and McCormick (who is not a receiver) being so effective as a blocker.

Somebody like Lofton is going to find a role because he can do so much.

Will Mallory couldn’t block a lick and he was our top receiver last year.

I think this year’s TE production is a combination of Arroyo’s injury, Williams’s youth and McCormick (who is not a receiver) being so effective as a blocker.

Somebody like Lofton is going to find a role because he can do so much.
Stop. We don't need common sense around here. We apparently have Shockey, Winslow and Bubba Franks in our TE room and our moron OC won't throw to them.

Advertisement
My concern with Loften was never him per se.

It was that he was more of a fullback-TE hybrid, which meant he represented a bunch the box type of future for Miami. More in-line with what Mario wants to do, rather than a move to a Veer and Shoot type offense that Miami should move to.

I’ve seen nothing from this offense this year that makes me think I was wrong in my concern with taking him, and what it means for Miami’s offensive future.

He’s a really good player and you need him to have any chance of making that kind of offense work. I just don’t think that kind of offense has much of a chance of working.
The teams that have won championships for the past two decades play this way. Georgia is the latest.

In the past, the argument was that Miami would never recruit OL well enough to play that style and should instead lean into its natural base of WR talent. That was a strong argument. But now we can build an OL that is as good, if not better, than Alabama and Georgia. So what’s the new argument?

You can be physical and still be modern. Lincoln Riley uses multidimensional FB/TEs that can block. So do Kyle Shanahan and Mike McDaniel. You just need the personnel. This kid helps open up possibilities with his versatility.

The teams that have won championships for the past two decades play this way. Georgia is the latest.

In the past, the argument was that Miami would never recruit OL well enough to play that style and should instead lean into its natural base of WR talent. That was a strong argument. But now we can build an OL that is as good, if not better, than Alabama and Georgia. So what’s the new argument?

You can be physical and still be modern. Lincoln Riley uses multidimensional FB/TEs that can block. So do Kyle Shanahan and Mike McDaniel. You just need the personnel. This kid helps open up possibilities with his versatility.
We recruited OL outstandingly last cycle. Not so much this cycle. We need to stack there and this 2024 class isn’t what I’d consider stacking.

CIS does not typically understand this argument. If a team is not playing with 5 WR’s every play and throwing the ball 50 times in a hurry up offense, the OC is clueless and was born during the Roosevelt administration (Franklin, not Theodore).
One day people will understand that sports is all about matchups advantages and how to create and use them.

Advertisement
We recruited OL outstandingly last cycle. Not so much this cycle. We need to stack there and this 2024 class isn’t what I’d consider stacking.
Why do you say that? They don’t have enough stars? It is a down year for OL, but if we pull Bell plus what we have committed with AM and CMC coaching them I see this as a potential A class. Not locks like last year but huge movers.

If we don’t pull Bell or another big time OL than I agree it is disappointing.

Why do you say that? They don’t have enough stars? It is a down year for OL, but if we pull Bell plus what we have committed with AM and CMC coaching them I see this as a potential A class. Not locks like last year but huge movers.

If we don’t pull Bell or another big time OL than I agree it is disappointing.
Yes actually. They do not have enough stars to be headlining our OL class and some don’t belong regardless. Bell is a JuCo. That would be needed but I’m talking high school

I specifically stated that 23 was outstanding and we need to stack in 24 and we’re not doing it. The screenshots from 247 include the rank number for high school IOL and OT. You think this is stacking on top of the 23 class?

Interior Offensive Line (IOL):

IMG_1458.jpeg
IMG_1457.jpeg

Offensive Tackle (OT):

IMG_1459.jpeg
IMG_1460.jpeg

👀

💁🏻‍♂️
👇

IMG_1461.jpeg

🙄

I'll flat out say it. He's gotta be looking at our TE usage thinking to himself, where else could I go.

Want to end up on a milk carton, come on down.

Or just maybe he is a competitor and likes what Miami is building and what has been sold to him.

Maybe he is thinking to himself, old man Cam is leaving, arroyo can’t stay healthy and I’m better than the others so I can play right away. These kids aren’t as soft as 90% of this board.

Yes actually. They do not have enough stars to be headlining our OL class and some don’t belong regardless. Bell is a JuCo. That would be needed but I’m talking high school

I specifically stated that 23 was outstanding and we need to stack in 24 and we’re not doing it. The screenshots from 247 include the rank number for high school IOL and OT. You think this is stacking on top of the 23 class?

Interior Offensive Line (IOL):

View attachment 263553View attachment 263554

Offensive Tackle (OT):

View attachment 263555View attachment 263556

👀

💁🏻‍♂️
👇

View attachment 263557

🙄
Cooper and McCoy say hello.

Cooper was 154.

Advertisement