Billboard....

Advertisement
The level of ignorance displayed in this thread is ridiculous. People think things can magically happen overnight. Like billboard companies are sitting with empty billboards just waiting for business. Like graphics can get designed and printed in two hours because printing companies are sitting around with their thumb up their *** hoping somebody will need a billboard printed.

These people have obviously never dealt with any kind of project work.

The level of ignorance displayed in this thread is ridiculous. People think things can magically happen overnight. Like billboard companies are sitting with empty billboards just waiting for business. Like graphics can get designed and printed in two hours because printing companies are sitting around with their thumb up their *** hoping somebody will need a billboard printed.

the OP (scammer) Said it is ready and up so............................

Advertisement

But they were purchasing a digital billboard out by the airport.

Go Canes!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a digital billboard and the OP claims to have been given a start date. That came and went.

It was in this thread that he said that got canceled because the company backed out. That's why there was all the talk of contracts.

Advertisement
Honestly at this point, I think it's time to refund and ride out '20. I say that as a donor, it's quite obvious that flake and Shanny are going nowhere, even to the point that they can nix a Zo hire, with no repercussions and a billboard isn't going to change it.
It's also going to lose some of the legitimacy of timing and momentum. When we were in season going 6-7 and losing to FIU, it was prime time. Now he's hired the type of OC everyone has screamed for for at least a decade, got a legit QB to run it and other legit moves. This doesn't mean I'm sold but outside of the small number of die hard fans like us, the majority will be.

Didn’t OP say they had a contract signed?

Backing out after signature would be a breach of contract?
I’m fairly certain that Archibald breached your *** cheeks.

D1D2455B-3BAB-4D49-AD5E-108146677EC5.gif

Honestly at this point, I think it's time to refund and ride out '20. I say that as a donor, it's quite obvious that flake and Shanny are going nowhere, even to the point that they can nix a Zo hire, with no repercussions and a billboard isn't going to change it.
It's also going to lose some of the legitimacy of timing and momentum. When we were in season going 6-7 and losing to FIU, it was prime time. Now he's hired the type of OC everyone has screamed for for at least a decade, got a legit QB to run it and other legit moves. This doesn't mean I'm sold but outside of the small number of die hard fans like us, the majority will be.

Nobody of any importance is sold on Manny - believe that. He has zero slack.

People here talk about the BOT like they know what’s actually going on. They don’t.

The disgust is palpable regarding last season. You don’t realize how hot Manny and Blake’s seats are. The “football” BOTs and big boosters were in open revolt just a few weeks ago...which is why some were pushing for Zo...because they wanted change NOW.

In the end, we all know that the die is cast for the 2020 season, nobody fires coaches this time of year - it’s not practical.

Save your billboard for the end of next season. If he ends up with some bullshlt 8 or 9 win record, with our schedule, that’s when to put the pressure on. Because clearly anything less than that and I don’t see how he doesn’t get fired, and an 11 win season or so, you really can’t fire him.

Or better yet, no matter the season next year, it’s time for Blake to go. But the billboard now, what the heck is the point?

Advertisement

People here talk about the BOT like they know what’s actually going on. They don’t.

The disgust is palpable regarding last season. You don’t realize how hot Manny and Blake’s seats are. The “football” BOTs and big boosters were in open revolt just a few weeks ago...which is why some were pushing for Zo...because they wanted change NOW.

In the end, we all know that the die is cast for the 2020 season, nobody fires coaches this time of year - it’s not practical.

Save your billboard for the end of next season. If he ends up with some bullshlt 8 or 9 win record, with our schedule, that’s when to put the pressure on. Because clearly anything less than that and I don’t see how he doesn’t get fired, and an 11 win season or so, you really can’t fire him.

Or better yet, no matter the season next year, it’s time for Blake to go. But the billboard now, what the heck is the point?
Because Blake James is the problem.

I certainly hope that's true but we have nearly 2 decades of evidence with garbage hires who were given horrible extensions and given way too much time. I still find it hard to believe that they'll fire him after 2 years, regardless of record. Especially if his daddy has pull like some indicate.

Advertisement
Because Blake James is the problem.

A billboard, at this time, is not going to get Flake fired. The timing is weird. The pressure should’ve been right before and after the bowl game.

Personally I would’ve fired him with Golden years ago, but he flew under the radar.

A strong P5 program needs a strong productive and innovative athletic director. Flake has never been any of those things. It’s just that I don’t personally think one billboard accomplishes anything, but like I said prior to this, if that’s how people want to spend their money - have at it.

I certainly hope that's true but we have nearly 2 decades of evidence with garbage hires who were given horrible extensions and given way too much time. I still find it hard to believe that they'll fire him after 2 years, regardless of record. Especially if his daddy has pull like some indicate.

Only retards think his “daddy” has any influence. People laugh at this kind of stuff. It makes you guys sound ignorant

A billboard, at this time, is not going to get Flake fired. The timing is weird. The pressure should’ve been right before and after the bowl game.

Personally I would’ve fired him with Golden years ago, but he flew under the radar.

A strong P5 program needs a strong productive and innovative athletic director. Flake has never been any of those things. It’s just that I don’t personally think one billboard accomplishes anything, but like I said prior to this, if that’s how people want to spend their money - have at it.
But he's a great fund raiser, bro.

Only retards think his “daddy” has any influence. People laugh at this kind of stuff. It makes you guys sound ignorant
You honestly don't think it's possible that a former mayor has pull? Especially paying 4 million to hire Manny within hours, with his resume? As incompetent as Blake is, I don't know man.

Advertisement
Back