Billboard....

Receipts have been shared. People have corroborated efforts made. Some of you should be a little appreciative and not so nasty or going on a troll rampage.

UM is pulling favors and that’s the reason this has yet to happen. Blame UM, not our fellow board members.

One group is trying to make actual change. The other group supports cancer and the status quo.

It is simple.

Advertisement
So very true. With the billboard, it's a double edged sword. It's kinda hard to get donations without informing people of your intent.

The recruiting part is 100% frustrating. So much of this stupidity would stop if they charged for this site. Even $1.99/month would weed out a lot of the dumbasses.

I was fine with announcing the intention, but he needs to keep all the details secret until the billboard is up.

Advertisement
Don’t say that brother. Remember that I did you and everyone else who donated to the banner right. This place chalk full of Hecht saboteurs but things have a way of working themselves out at the perfect time when it’s meant to be, just like with the banner finally flying for the FIU game. @305_separatist is a good man and not a thief, and all I can share is there’s a lot of things going on behind the scenes with this billboard but it will go up at the perfect time and place just like the banner. Have faith brother.
View attachment 109650

I appreciate your reply.... I will have faith, my brother!

This billboard is like the last speaker at a rally when everyone has gone home. Your timing is way way off.
Legislative speeches that are read into the congressional record with an empty gallery. Just saying another similar one. Congressmen do it to payback donors. That is different.

Advertisement
Uh ohhhh Lotta people about to eat crow
Crow sucks. Give me a boiled, buttered and seasoned cob-o-corn.
CornCob.PNG

This billboard is like the last speaker at a rally when everyone has gone home. Your timing is way way off.

As "You Can't Always Get What You Want" plays at an airport hangar in West Virginia:

"Hold on everyone.....Tiffany Trump would like to send you out with some parting comments. Anyone still here? Hello?"

I have mixed feelings about any actual billboard impact, and after last year's unrealized Portal Hype, mixed feelings about our upcoming season chances of returning greatness.

As per the recent Barry Jackson article feedback, there clearly is some BOT or other pressure exerted when "dirty laundry" or extreme dissatisfaction or perceived incompetence is revealed to the public in any form. Perhaps that affects funding, admin hires, whatever, perhaps not.

2 billboard companies rejecting negative "fan site" signs about UM's athletics seems newsworthy; if Barry (or another reporter) is reading this, how about a story or UM notes mention of what's transpired here? (or send the info to Barry via email.)

Advertisement
I love how anti-billboard posters are trying to get 305 and others to divulge the latest plan by using some of the worst reverse psychology ever seen. It's not a con job and I know you're scared, but just sit back and wait for it, I'm sure it will be epic.

I love how anti-billboard posters are trying to get 305 and others to divulge the latest plan by using some of the worst reverse psychology ever seen. It's not a con job and I know you're scared, but just sit back and wait for it, I'm sure it will be epic.

Go Canes!!!!!

Advertisement
Though I'm not into banners and billboards myself, at least I understood the goal back when many were hoping Manny would be canned, clearly major staff changes were needed if he wasn't, and we all clung to a hope the BOT would force changes up high in the AD.

But now it's January 23, 2020. Manny is 100% going to be our head coach this season. The BOT is obviously not forcing any changes to Blake/Strawley or bringing in a CEO like Hismighth, etc. Could that happen next year? Perhaps. But you could put a billboard on every block in Miami-Dade County and it still isn't happening before this season. Manny canned Enos and got Lashlee who almost surely is bringing a new modernized scheme with him. We landed King who seems to be the perfect guy to fill our current need/role, we landed another huge transfer in Roche, will be putting a strong defensive roster on the field this year, have a handful of really promising youngsters coming in at positions of need, and are hopeful King and Lashlee's new scheme will mask our O-line issues which, on paper, they should.

So I ask this as a genuine question, not for the purpose of ridiculing this... what is the hope/goal/benefit of the billboard at this point? Like, legitimately, what do you realistically hope it achieves? Because literally the ONLY result I can see it having now (as opposed to, say, the week after bowl loss) is further adding to the climate of negativity around the program. Is this just a principle thing? "We've already climbed the hill, so god dammit we are gonna die on it!"? or am I missing something?

1.) Can't reason with people who are willing to cut off their nose, to spite their face. They are beyond irrational

2.) Many of these people are overflowing with so much negativity & toxicity that I wouldn't be surprised if they committed suicide within the next yr or so.

Ok guys, did not want to update without anything conclusive but here’s the story

1. With the problems in the first location, I was super upfront with this company which is a large national brand, and therefore shouldn’t be as afraid of UM. It was one of the largest clients of the first, local company.

2. This company confirmed they do tons of negative campaigns, and have no problem with it. UM not an issue.

3. I signed the contract and paid them in full. I’ve already posted the document snippets to support this earlier in this thread.

4. I was told management was taking a last look at the copy for final approval. This delayed the launch date. Contract was to be amended.

5. I received CONFIRMATION management has approved the copy. I have this in an email and further confirmed over phone. All lights are green to launch within the next day or two. I post this thread.

6. Posters in town confirm to me that billboard still hasn’t gone up. I message various reps over the weekend and get no responses.

I receive this message on Monday

Long story short, Hecht and/or BOT is more concerned about stopping a billboard *and protecting their image* than cleaning up their mess of an administration. They are clearly monitoring and actively sabotaging this campaign every step of the way. There is no other interpretation. This is of course extremely frustrating for me working in my limited free time to get this done, but fortunately it *proves* how threatened they are by such moves and they do not want them to happen as they will *indeed* be damaging.

As such I and several others are planning our next option. Given it is obvious now that these threads are being monitored, I will not further be divulging any details until the board is up. While speed will be difficult due to these antics and the super bowl swallowing up advertising supply, I promise the location will be excellent or I will instead refund all the money.

Thank you all for your continued support and understanding.

You forgot to mention that you received that email from yourself

Advertisement
Back