Billboard update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m generation X sport and that 4 sec tweet means nothing, what does mean something is that bad @ss banner flew around marlins park for an hour for everyone to see! Lol But continue to spew you BS Hecht center shill stooge agenda but no ones buying it here anymore sport! Lol oh and I think people could read that banner just fine, especially your scumbag bosses James and Strawley. Lmao oh and look up in the sky game one against temple because they’ll be another banner calling for you and your Hecht center bosses @sses including Manure Diaz himself. 👍😎
View attachment 108043
My bad. You give the Gen X folks a bad name.
You give credence to the old saying....
You can't fix dumb. You're living proof that the old saying is alive and well in 2020.

Go Canes !!!!!!!

Advertisement
The impact the planned banners and billboards will have is as follows:

1. Reinforce that Miami has the worst fanbase in all of college football, if not in all of organized sports.

2. Add to the HERD's already significant negative impact on recruiting.

3. Convice qualified coaches and adminstrators to not even consider Miami as a potential destination.

4. Give ESPN and other sports outlets, who have never liked the Canes, fodder to further belittle the program.

Advertisement
Did you not read 305's update? Message will not be changed - location is the only thing that's changed.

I don't give a **** about 305's update.

It's like real estate - LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.

If the billboard company wants "more positive", then say "Hire Alonzo Highsmith".

Everyone who sees that (that isn't a tourist) KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT HIRE ALONZO HIGHSMITH MEANS.

Stop the madness.

Drop the "Fire Blake James" and insert "Hire Alonzo Highsmith".

If the billboard company invents another new excuse, then move to the airport.

But let's try to stick to the original location.

Instead of waiting, why not use photoshop, as you did on the original phony banner, to show the Temple banner flying over the stadium today.

As for going viral, you bet it will as our competitors love useful idiots and will further use it to dissuade recruits from joining the Canes.

Seriously, over at least the past decade the HERD has been an invaluable tool for Gator, Noles, Tide Bull Dogs, et al., recruiting.
Whatever your opinions on the billboard or banner, I don’t care, but how was his banner fake when it was reported and tweeted out by Manny Navarro?

I mean fair is fair, be accurate.

And why do you care so much about it to come in here and go post-ballistic??? Whether you agree with their methods or not, the underlying cause is the abortion of a program we’ve had. How do you not at least understand why fans would be fed up?

Never mind. You understand. You’re just in here to troll and agitate these guys.

Advertisement
The goal isn't just to get James out, it's to have the BOT commit to success and realize they have failed to do that for the entire time we've been in the ACC.

If Earnest T thinks it's a bad idea, then it's got to be good.

I'm okay with either a watered down message "Fix the problem", or a different location. Close to the stadium might get a mention because of Super Bowl coverage.

Also more expensive though.

Advertisement
Also more expensive though.

Why don't we just put the billboard on the Florida Turnpike up by Orlando? Traffic counts ARE AMAZING.

The point is simple, we want UM to see it. We want to maximize their displeasure. The local news reporters will find the billboard no matter where it is, but we want the added dagger of "across the street from UM".

Why is this so hard to comprehend?

It would be one thing if you were proposing a specific weblink, such as "fireblakejames.com", but you are not.

If you are hung up on ONE PARTICULAR PHRASE, then dump it and go with an OBVIOUS substitute that means essentially the same thing. You are still advocating for the BOT to get involved in a personnel action, but this one is a "positive" message as opposed to a "negative" message.

Come on, it's all ball bearings these days.

JeddTheFisch

Let me understand your reasoning. The "HERD" (not Marshall) has no ability to influence changes within the program, but simultaneously has a decidedly negative effect on recruiting?
[/QUOTE]

First of all, allow me to compliment you on your inviable deductive reasoning skills when all on your own you figured out I wasn't referencing Marshall. William James Sidis would bow in your presence.

Your next observation quickly removes you from the high IQ club as you HERD members have been taking credit for years that it was your actions that forced the UM administration to fire; Coker, Shannon, and Golden.

When you are trying to sell a phony concept, and laughable excuse for the damage you've done to recruiting, at least do so where you have plausible deniability.

Last edited:
The company isn’t budging just because we say “please fire Blake James”. It’s more like 50% of the message, which is unacceptable.

Your words, not mine:

"The only way they'll consider it is if we remove “fire blow James” and replace it with something more “positive”. Their words not mine."

Advertisement
Why don't we just put the billboard on the Florida Turnpike up by Orlando? Traffic counts ARE AMAZING.

The point is simple, we want UM to see it. We want to maximize their displeasure. The local news reporters will find the billboard no matter where it is, but we want the added dagger of "across the street from UM".

Why is this so hard to comprehend?

It would be one thing if you were proposing a specific weblink, such as "fireblakejames.com", but you are not.

If you are hung up on ONE PARTICULAR PHRASE, then dump it and go with an OBVIOUS substitute that means essentially the same thing. You are still advocating for the BOT to get involved in a personnel action, but this one is a "positive" message as opposed to a "negative" message.

Come on, it's all ball bearings these days.

No one is more convinced of the importance of location than me. Absolutely no one. But I’m the one who talked to them and the tone and implications were clear, tweaking it in a minor way probably won’t clear it. They’re set on not angering the university. I’ll propose said slight tweak, by eliminating “fire Blake James” and substituting “fix the problem” and changing nothing else. We’ll see what they say so there’s a concrete answer.

Your words, not mine:

"The only way they'll consider it is if we remove “fire blow James” and replace it with something more “positive”. Their words not mine."

Correct, that’s what the immediate rep told me. But the immediate rep also told me the former message was fine. He’s not the problem. It’s the owners/managers in the background.

No one is more convinced of the importance of location than me. Absolutely no one. But I’m the one who talked to them and the tone and implications were clear, tweaking it in a minor way probably won’t clear it. They’re set on not angering the university. I’ll propose said slight tweak, by eliminating “fire Blake James” and substituting “fix the problem” and changing nothing else. We’ll see what they say so there’s a concrete answer.

OK, at least you are being reasonable and trying. I can appreciate that. I still prefer "Hire Alonzo Highsmith" due to its undeniably "positive" language. If they hedge on "fix the problem" try "Hire Alonzo Highsmith".

Best of luck!

Correct, that’s what the immediate rep told me. But the immediate rep also told me the former message was fine. He’s not the problem. It’s the owners/managers in the background.

I'm not mad at you, man, but you said "they". Hence the confusion on our part, us trying to figure out what is going on.

Tell him that we are alums, and that we will force UM to continue to purchase billboards through their company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back