Billboard update

Status
Not open for further replies.

305_separatist

Threskiornithidae
Premium
Ok guys. The drama continued, but a solution has been nearly locked down.

The spot I had zoned out for this is still open, and I told them weeks ago when I got the quote the goal was to bring awareness to the poor state of the football program. All good.

Shot them over the final design the morning ahead of the meeting. Sales guy who’s been my point of contact says all good, gets final details to prep paperwork for me to sign. Pumped I have all the cash upfront rather than credit.

Design gets passed up the totem pole, less than an hour before the meeting I get a call. Management has reservations about the messaging and does not want to put it up because it’s too aggressive. UM is one of their biggest clients (maybe the biggest) and they don’t want to risk alienating them. The only way they'll consider it is if we remove “fire blow James” and replace it with something more “positive”. Their words not mine.

So obviously this was a very disappointing pickle. My first course of action was to hit up every other billboard company with the messaging and see if there’s anything with the price that we can get at this point. Any location with current messaging is better than watered down bull**** out of fear of UM.

And Ive put a hold on one and just need to work out details. It’s a digital billboard next to the airport, run by a large national company that couldn’t care less about running controversial negative advertising that could upset someone locally. They will be more than fine.

It’s not what we wanted, but time is of the essence and it was the only other spot in our price point I could find within Miami proper. It will likely end up being a little cheaper than the original location as well, which means I’ll take any surplus and allocate it for a prob much needed banner to open the season with.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement

The spot I had zoned out for this is still open, and I told them weeks ago when I got the quote the goal was to bring awareness to the poor state of the football program. All good.

Shot them over the final design this morning ahead of the meeting. Sales guy who’s been my point of contact says all good, gets final details to prep paperwork for me to sign. Pumped I have all the cash upfront rather than credit.

Design gets passed up the totem pole, less than an hour before the meeting I get a call. Management has reservations about the messaging and does not want to put it up because it’s too aggressive. UM is one of their biggest clients (maybe the biggest) and they don’t want to risk alienating them. The only way they'll consider it is if we remove “fire blow James” and replace it with something more “positive”. Their words not mine.

So obviously this was a very disappointing pickle. My first course of action was to hit up every other billboard company with the messaging and see if there’s anything with the price that we can get at this point. Any location with current messaging is better than watered down bull**** out of fear of UM.

And Ive put a hold on one and just need to work out details. It’s a digital billboard next to the airport, run by a large national company that couldn’t care less about running controversial negative advertising that could upset someone locally. They will be more than fine.

It’s not what we wanted, but time is of the essence and it was the only other spot in our price point I could find within Miami proper. It will likely end up being a little cheaper than the original location as well, which means I’ll take any surplus and allocate it for a prob much needed banner to open the season with.

Go Canes
LOL, What a cluster f*ck. This whole thing is going nearly as well as hiring Mammy and our whole season. Not surprised.

Advertisement
1578628207545.gif

The airport??????? Did dude just say the airport???? Why not Hialeah? Or Florida City while you're at it. I'm sure you could swing a deal on Alligator Alley and have enough money left over for enough banners for every ****** home game next season.
Went from Coral Gables to the airport plus a banner next season...lol you can't make this **** up.
Just give the snowflakes their money back so they can start another failed banner campaign.
The airport......lol.... Airports and banners oh my...
The saga continues.......

Go Canes!!!!!!!

Last edited:
The airport? Dude, this has to be near campus or it's completely worthless, even if you have to drop the, "Fire Blake James," they'll get the point. If you can't stick to that plan, you need to refund people's money.

Advertisement
The airport? Dude, this has to be near campus or it's completely worthless, even if you have to drop the, "Fire Blake James," they'll get the point. If you can't stick to that plan, you need to refund people's money.
Word

Go Canes!!!!!!

Advertisement

Getting the attention of the media is the main goal man. Half the people who drive by and read it won’t even know who or what we’re talking about, doesn’t matter the location.

Keeping Blake on there is a must

Getting the attention of the media is the main goal man. Half the people who drive by and read it won’t even know who or what we’re talking about, doesn’t matter the location.

Keeping Blake on there is a must

I've said my piece on this. You can think that the media is going to do the job for you all you want, but it will be a blip in a new story and forgotten. Just as fast as it is by the transient people going to the airport never to return to Miami again. A billboard near campus would be in everybody's face.

Advertisement

Shot them over the final design this morning ahead of the meeting. Sales guy who’s been my point of contact says all good, gets final details to prep paperwork for me to sign. Pumped I have all the cash upfront rather than credit.

Go Canes
Ok, so I guess I'll bring my red Solo cups to the 836 overpass again. Yes that was me. I ******* did it many years ago cause I couldn't stand that mother ****** Al Golden.

Go Canes

Need positively?

"Fire Blake James - Positively!"

1 month after funds completed and yet another excuse lol this is funny when you guys going to give in and realize you got swindled.
Got swindled by a screen name that wasn't even trying to swindle.. Only in America!!!!

Go Canes!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back