Billboard update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
It doesn't have to be near the campus as long as it is in a spot that gets a lot of traffic and in Miami. Not sure why it has to be near campus. The message has to be strong and as long as it is seen by huge number of people the message will get out.

Advertisement
Instead of people just ****ing on OP how about we find a way to twist the words to deliver the same message? How about “Abolish the Board of Trustees” “We want a real AD that cares about Miami Football” “We want Alonzo Highsmith” **** let’s come up with a group effort.

Actually I live in NY and either fly into PBI or Fort Lauderdale
Well, people who live in Miami mostly use Miami airport. The point is any spot that has huge traffic advantage is acceptable since there are many other factors involved and must be considered. OP is the one who has been spending his time on this for free. Give him some leeway.

Advertisement
Ok guys. The drama continued, but a solution has been nearly locked down.

The spot I had zoned out for this is still open, and I told them weeks ago when I got the quote the goal was to bring awareness to the poor state of the football program. All good.

Shot them over the final design this morning ahead of the meeting. Sales guy who’s been my point of contact says all good, gets final details to prep paperwork for me to sign. Pumped I have all the cash upfront rather than credit.

Design gets passed up the totem pole, less than an hour before the meeting I get a call. Management has reservations about the messaging and does not want to put it up because it’s too aggressive. UM is one of their biggest clients (maybe the biggest) and they don’t want to risk alienating them. The only way they'll consider it is if we remove “fire blow James” and replace it with something more “positive”. Their words not mine.

So obviously this was a very disappointing pickle. My first course of action was to hit up every other billboard company with the messaging and see if there’s anything with the price that we can get at this point. Any location with current messaging is better than watered down bull**** out of fear of UM.

And Ive put a hold on one and just need to work out details. It’s a digital billboard next to the airport, run by a large national company that couldn’t care less about running controversial negative advertising that could upset someone locally. They will be more than fine.

It’s not what we wanted, but time is of the essence and it was the only other spot in our price point I could find within Miami proper. It will likely end up being a little cheaper than the original location as well, which means I’ll take any surplus and allocate it for a prob much needed banner to open the season with.

Go Canes

Wait a second... Miami football is in a poor state!?!?!?

Someone tell James and the Trustees, pronto! I'm sure they had no idea....

Ok guys. The drama continued, but a solution has been nearly locked down.

The spot I had zoned out for this is still open, and I told them weeks ago when I got the quote the goal was to bring awareness to the poor state of the football program. All good.

Shot them over the final design this morning ahead of the meeting. Sales guy who’s been my point of contact says all good, gets final details to prep paperwork for me to sign. Pumped I have all the cash upfront rather than credit.

Design gets passed up the totem pole, less than an hour before the meeting I get a call. Management has reservations about the messaging and does not want to put it up because it’s too aggressive. UM is one of their biggest clients (maybe the biggest) and they don’t want to risk alienating them. The only way they'll consider it is if we remove “fire blow James” and replace it with something more “positive”. Their words not mine.

So obviously this was a very disappointing pickle. My first course of action was to hit up every other billboard company with the messaging and see if there’s anything with the price that we can get at this point. Any location with current messaging is better than watered down bull**** out of fear of UM.

And Ive put a hold on one and just need to work out details. It’s a digital billboard next to the airport, run by a large national company that couldn’t care less about running controversial negative advertising that could upset someone locally. They will be more than fine.

It’s not what we wanted, but time is of the essence and it was the only other spot in our price point I could find within Miami proper. It will likely end up being a little cheaper than the original location as well, which means I’ll take any surplus and allocate it for a prob much needed banner to open the season with.

Go Canes
I’ll paraphrase..

Dear cis..if you donated your money for the banner...your a sucker. Me and wifey really enjoyed our cruise. Thanks for the funds

Go Canes
1578633841399.gif

Advertisement
1 month after funds completed and yet another excuse lol this is funny when you guys going to give in and realize you got swindled.
Lol..it’s hilarious. It’s like going through your girls phone and seeing her texting and calling another guy..but still being in denial

Lol at the ***gots in here that have such an inexplicable hard on for a 6-7 football program devoid of soul that they want this billboard to fail so badly.

And the irony of worrying about alienating UM athletics after everything they’ve put their fan base through for nearly 20 years. Comical.

Advertisement
I seem to recall being stuck in plenty of traffic by the airport on my way to campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back