Biggest Recruiting Misses?

I understand mock drafts are mock drafts but there is a general consensus that Jobe is a 1st round pick. I get that there's this bias towards him being crap because he didn't come here but to say he ain't good...idk man.

You may be right and he gets exposed this year but the likelihood is he's a pretty decent prospect and would be incredibly hyped by Canes fans if he was an actual Cane.
We aren't completely Orange/Green shades. People here calling for Gurvan to get replaced by freshman too.

Advertisement
Yes. It was always going to be a tough battle-- and we recruited Cook hard-- but it's worth nothing that James Coley preferred Yearby.

I heard rumors that Cook was interested, but wasn't going to come if Yearby did. Rumor was he'd go to any in-state school but wanted to go a different path than Yearby. Which lead to everyone pretty much agreeing that Coley choose Yearby over Cook.

Dwayne Bowe (****hole)

I don't know why you say he's an ***. Pretty cool dude. I've been to his place a few times.

I heard rumors that Cook was interested, but wasn't going to come if Yearby did. Rumor was he'd go to any in-state school but wanted to go a different path than Yearby. Which lead to everyone pretty much agreeing that Coley choose Yearby over Cook.

I don't know why you say he's an ***. Pretty cool dude. I've been to his place a few times.
Peach Bowl

/cool you know him, sure he is cool but he chose LSU , talked crap on us and then got in a fight with us

Advertisement
Were we in on Eddie Jackson, Makensie Alexander??

Mackenzie Alexander was never coming but kept talking about Miami to get his twin brother a schollie.

Eddie Jackson was a kid we never really recruited. Bama wasn’t really recruiting him either but took him late after they missed on a couple of kids IIRC. Big miss on our part.

Dalvin Cook. He was the reason FSU beat its in-state rivals for three straight seasons.
Thank goodness someone posted this I was about to write this.

Honestly there are too many big misses either the recruits were bought or our poor evaluations missed easy pulls.

Amari Cooper is the biggest one because he started an entire culture of elite south Florida wide receivers going to bama and being first rounders. Ridley jeudy and now brooks. Just my opinion but I think that miss has the biggest impact long term
If they missed on Cooper they would of gotten the next one. He's is not the reason kids go there trust me he isn't.

Advertisement
Mackenzie Alexander was never coming but kept talking about Miami to get his twin brother a schollie.

Eddie Jackson was a kid we never really recruited. Bama wasn’t really recruiting him either but took him late after they missed on a couple of kids IIRC. Big miss on our part.
No one knew about Eddie Jackson until extremely late in the cycle. Bama wasn’t on him any earlier than anyone else.

I can remember numerous posters on the old site YELLING at me "YEARBY IS BETTER!!!! HE WAS THE STARTER AT MIAMI CENTRAL GUY!!!!!!!!!!!"

some things never change
Fuqin Looney tunes on here .....all those guys I remember alot of them I don't pay mind to anything they say. Anyone who saw the tape and said Slow Yearby was better because of stats is a complete tool and needs to be banned immediately.

My example of a recruiting miss:

Yearly over Cook
Harris over Bridgewater. No diss to Jacory, but.... 🤷🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️and that I blame on development somewhat.
Evals not development bruh. Yearby would still be slow if Parcels taught him or developed him cut it out. If development is the excuse then guys who r getting NFL coaching now that didn't do a thing here would be pro bowlers.

Advertisement
Patrick Peterson -- We got Telemaque and Brandon Harris instead. At the time it didnt feel like the worse loss because the Telamaque commit was pretty cool as he was oos. Harris was great at HS but 20/20 hindsight - Pat P was/is the best DB to play football since 2008 across college and pro.

At the time I thought they were huge losses, deonte Thompson and Andre debose but in hindsight were both underwhelming. That was when I was a rookie in the game like some on here now and liked the shiny new toy.

Patrick Peterson - First domino that started the SEC buying its way through South Florida in the modern sense of it.
Teddy Bridgewater - Our QB play was abysmal since Dorsey. If he comes and we win, it may have been a different circumstance and cut the losing at 5 years instead of going on 15-20.
Dalvin Cook- Gave our biggest rival their best player that single handedly beat us.
Marco Wilson - Ripple effect for years.
Amari Cooper - Should have fought harder and waited. Started the Bama inroads for SFL WRs.

Advertisement
Biggest Miss has to be Dalvin Cook based on pure prodution. Tutu Atwell, Brian Burns, Matthew Thomas, Alex Collins, Amari Cooper, Ryan Shazier, Surtain/Tyson even though we probably never had a chance with either.

i heard he wanted to start rite away, but duke was the starter and didnt want to compete with him. dont no how true that is

Advertisement
Back