Big Vaughn Donaldson

I am all aboard the Gauthier at C train.

But, Its very clear that its going to come down to Linder and Darling. Whoever is better at their respective position will start, and Gauthier will play the opposite one. I won't be surprised if Linder is our starting center day 1. Don't want him to be, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was.

Advertisement
If Linder was really that bad he wouldn't have remained the starter.

What has been seen cannot be unseen with regard to him getting blown up on occasion, but people are taking this a bit far imo.

"But even Jarron Jones might not have envisaged the career-day he had against the Hurricanes, a game in which he recorded six of his seven tackles behind the line of scrimmage. Then again, it’s possible Jones didn’t expect to face Miami center Nick Linder on his own as often as he did."

Notre Dame nose guard Jarron Jones storms through Miami Hurricanes O-line in win

He gave up 6 TFL in one game. That's more than getting blown up 'on occasion". He was atrocious

I'm surprised he didn't quit football after that game. That was the worst that I've ever seen one man dominate another outside of the ghey torture **** that I love to watch.

Scarier than the brutal domination was how long it took Rick and Searels to address the obvious problem.

Exactly....

I should have placed equal blame on Richt. Im sure he gives his coaches a certain level of autonomy;but man, I was not impressed with Searels this past season.

I think i'd like to see Sonny get a chance at LG.

McDermott
Sonny
Gauthier
Donaldson
St. Louis

We're in really good shape if Herbert and Gaynor are in the two deep pushing for minutes. Darling and Linder provide decent depth along with the frosh. Hope we cut bait with Mahoney, Milo, Jones, but will probably need bodies at oline for scout team

I think i'd like to see Sonny get a chance at LG.

McDermott
Sonny
Gauthier
Donaldson
St. Louis

We're in really good shape if Herbert and Gaynor are in the two deep pushing for minutes. Darling and Linder provide decent depth along with the frosh. Hope we cut bait with Mahoney, Milo, Jones, but will probably need bodies at oline for scout team

That's the line I'd like to see as well.

Push Darling and Linder to the bench, which would give us two decent experienced back ups. Those 5 mentioned above should, in theory, make for a pretty good run blocking line. Given the fact we're breaking in a new QB and Richt's love for running the ball that could just be our best combination.

Advertisement
sunny sucks inside...no leverage...he honestly is likely the best rt on team..he wasn't bad outside..looked better than McDermott and company.

I see Donaldson as the swing guy off the bench. Darling is likely to good to come off the bench...

I like a collection of St Louis, Mcdermott , Gauthier, Darling, Sunny (If Sunny is healthy)

sunny sucks inside...no leverage...he honestly is likely the best rt on team..he wasn't bad outside..looked better than McDermott and company.

I see Donaldson as the swing guy off the bench. Darling is likely to good to come off the bench...

I like a collection of St Louis, Mcdermott , Gauthier, Darling, Sunny (If Sunny is healthy)

Donaldson is starting. Dude will probably be a freshmen all american.

Agree with you but it seems like St. Louis has struggled on the left side. Would be great to see him transition to that side though.

Donaldson weighs close to 1,000 pounds. Conditioning could be an issue with him early on.

Searels is a cave man and will give these seniors every opportunity to start imo.

Advertisement
Donaldson weighs close to 1,000 pounds. Conditioning could be an issue with him early on.

Searels is a cave man and will give these seniors every opportunity to start imo.

Good thing he came in the Spring. Gus had him for winter workouts and will run that *** in the ground all summer...

I would like to see Donaldson, Gaynor and Herbert play if they are not redshirted and prove they can handle the positions. How much worse can they be from what we witnessed last year in some games at at crucial moments? I do think a second year with Searles will benefit our veterans and if they name strides than there is no reason to rush the young bucks into action. I really want Gaynor on the field asap. His attiitude and mindset will change the whole demeanor of our line play.

Lol this meme of Gauthier not being able to snap is more board hearsay that becomes fact. He had one bad snap in the scrimmage. The doofuses at QB dropped the rest and most were from the 2nd and 3rd team.

Advertisement

Usually i agree with your assessments of players, but when you said Darling is to good to come off the bench you lost me. The bench is where he should be. He is not a good player at all and if he was on anyone else's team we'd call him a bust.

"But even Jarron Jones might not have envisaged the career-day he had against the Hurricanes, a game in which he recorded six of his seven tackles behind the line of scrimmage. Then again, it’s possible Jones didn’t expect to face Miami center Nick Linder on his own as often as he did."

Notre Dame nose guard Jarron Jones storms through Miami Hurricanes O-line in win

He gave up 6 TFL in one game. That's more than getting blown up 'on occasion". He was atrocious

Against Notre Dame, yes he was atrocious. And he got blown up on some other occasions.

He has 25+ starts that weren't all as bad as ND.

Rok, he's pretty bad mane

Stop arguing with Rok! You know his door is slightly ajar

Man, gimme your fruit ****tail.
tenor.gif

Advertisement

Usually i agree with your assessments of players, but when you said Darling is to good to come off the bench you lost me. The bench is where he should be. He is not a good player at all and if he was on anyone else's team we'd call him a bust.

McDermott, Darling, Linder, Odogwu have all been lambasted by the fans since 2014. They're not perfect but they're what we've got unless we start St. Louis, Gauthier, Gaynor, Donaldson, Herbert against Bethune and take our lumps with them all season.

McDermott, Darling, Linder, Odogwu have all been lambasted by the fans since 2014. They're not perfect but they're what we've got unless we start St. Louis, Gauthier, Gaynor, Donaldson, Herbert against Bethune and take our lumps with them all season.

I don't disagree with you on any of your statements, but it was very telling to me that when Darling returned from being injured at the end of last season he couldn't get his starting role back anywhere on the oline for the bowl game. He couldn't start over Alex Freaking Gall! Who btw probably saved our season at C last year. I almost forgive him for those F'in pictures

YOU KNOW WHAT WE DON'T SEE IN THAT PIC...?

miami-hurricanes-football-caneshooter-photos-imagers-offensive-linemen.jpg
THIS SOUTHBEACH SHALALA BULLSH!T^^^^^

Advertisement
Back