Big Vaughn Donaldson

I totally agree with Franchise ...switch Linder and Gaynor. Get that dog eating early.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That boy looks like a **** Senior out there today.

It's spring, but they got him in the first group at RT.

Said it before, but this was the most important recruit last cycle.

Advertisement
I totally agree with Franchise ...switch Linder and Gaynor. Get that dog eating early.

I feel like Gaynor will be a guy who walks in and starts at some point as a freshmans or at least is in the rotation. He's a dog.

That would do great things for the OL depth chart. It would hopefully send McDermott into a reserve role and push Gauthier to G.

I feel like Gaynor will be a guy who walks in and starts at some point as a freshmans or at least is in the rotation. He's a dog.

Gaynor is one reason why I'd like to see Gauthier remain at guard. Apart from Gauthier's snapping issues, we had a good thing going with McDermott and Gauthier on the left side last year.

Let Gaynor come in and compete with Linder for the center position. May the best man win.

Advertisement

Gaynor is one reason why I'd like to see Gauthier remain at guard. Apart from Gauthier's snapping issues, we had a good thing going with McDermott and Gauthier on the left side last year.

Let Gaynor come in and compete with Linder for the center position. May the best man win.

Give me the old Kehoe "best 5" approach. I don't want Linder out there under anything other than emergency duty or mop up duty.

I'm not opposed to the best 5 approach, provided one of them can snap a ball consistently well.

I'd rather have a center who isn't dominant than one who will cost us possessions.

I'm not opposed to the best 5 approach, provided one of them can snap a ball consistently well.

I'd rather have a center who isn't dominant than one who will cost us possessions.

I hope Gauthier doesn't get the Steve Sax/Mackey Sasser disease. I'm hearing every other snap sailed over the QBs head. Maybe my guy was exaggerating, but that's scary.

I hope Gauthier doesn't get the Steve Sax/Mackey Sasser disease. I'm hearing every other snap sailed over the QBs head. Maybe my guy was exaggerating, but that's scary.

what's the big deal?

Advertisement

Give me the old Kehoe "best 5" approach. I don't want Linder out there under anything other than emergency duty or mop up duty.

Linder should be 3rd string by the end of the first scrimmage. Kid was awful last season.

If Linder was really that bad he wouldn't have remained the starter.

What has been seen cannot be unseen with regard to him getting blown up on occasion, but people are taking this a bit far imo.

What has been seen cannot be unseen with regard to him getting blown up on occasion, but people are taking this a bit far imo.

He didn't play after the notre dame game what are you talking about?

Advertisement

"But even Jarron Jones might not have envisaged the career-day he had against the Hurricanes, a game in which he recorded six of his seven tackles behind the line of scrimmage. Then again, it’s possible Jones didn’t expect to face Miami center Nick Linder on his own as often as he did."

Notre Dame nose guard Jarron Jones storms through Miami Hurricanes O-line in win

He gave up 6 TFL in one game. That's more than getting blown up 'on occasion". He was atrocious

He didn't play after the notre dame game what are you talking about?

He was the starter against Pitt.

I have trouble explaining it too but he remained our starting center until his body broke, broke.

"But even Jarron Jones might not have envisaged the career-day he had against the Hurricanes, a game in which he recorded six of his seven tackles behind the line of scrimmage. Then again, it’s possible Jones didn’t expect to face Miami center Nick Linder on his own as often as he did."

Notre Dame nose guard Jarron Jones storms through Miami Hurricanes O-line in win

He gave up 6 TFL in one game. That's more than getting blown up 'on occasion". He was atrocious

Against Notre Dame, yes he was atrocious. And he got blown up on some other occasions.

He has 25+ starts that weren't all as bad as ND.

Ouch.

Advertisement
Back