Big update from Herald

Advertisement
Advertisement
When they fired blake , really got excited that substantial change was on the way. at the moment not so much
do not need in any way shape or form C.Strawley around AD dept. in any capacity. this seems like an olive branch to the old guard. Jurich would be a superstar..... good for all sports Bball, baseball as well as football.
seeing other well run schools execute without foot dragging is again very disturbing, why can't we execute in a timely manner????.....

Advertisement
Everytime I hear Miami,say they want someone that understand the culture. I truly believe their saying that they want someone thats cuban decent
Seems like you couldn’t be more wrong on this one considering the person they want for the AD role is a Black Canadian that played HS football in Miami because his father said he needed to play in the US if he was going to be serious about football.

UF did not make a "splash" hire. They very quickly hired a G5 coach who has potential but is very much a gamble. If we did that people would complain that we acted too impulsively and didn't consider the big names. The Napier hire is nowhere near the level of USC hiring Riley. Napier was a top target for....VT, before UF jumped in.

Yes. Exactly.

This is not "UF hires Urban, beats out Notre Dame" level "splash hire".

This is a G5 guy. Who else made him an offer? How much is he getting paid? How many recruits have flipped to Florida?

This is Splash Mountain (middle row), not Splash Hire.

images

Yes. Exactly.

This is not "UF hires Urban, beats out Notre Dame" level "splash hire".

This is a G5 guy. Who else made him an offer? How much is he getting paid? How many recruits have flipped to Florida?

This is Splash Mountain (middle row), not Splash Hire.

images
He’s never even won his conference despite consistently finishing top 3 (a lot of #1’s) in Sun Belt recruiting classes. People are quick to slurp Napier.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bear is ****ting on UM but takes the poor Manny angle

He is not totally wrong. I have said all season that I don't get people who feel bad for a guy getting $3.5m a year, and still feel that way. But the entire way this has played out is making the university look absolutely inept. Would you leave a stable situation to come here seeing this?

They had MONTHS to fire Blake James if they wanted to take their time on a hire. When they fired him, they seemingly acknowledged the two week timeline given the end of the season. And yet, they still didn't expedite the process or attack it with any sense of urgency. They didn't even get his two little henchmen going in the process immediately. Instead they let this tug-o-war of the Board play out in public. Every part of this cluster is a self-inflicted wound. Julio Frenk should absolutely be given his walking papers over this ordeal, as if the last five years was not enough evidence of that.

Most don't care but I want an AD who can also fix the very broken basketball program. Only takes a charismatic coach and a half dozen top players to turn that around. Baseball ain't what it should be either. The new AD should be capable in administering ALL sports.

No one wants to hear it but a crystal ball might tell us that this smallish, private university has a better chance for a Nat'l Championship in hoops in the next decade or so than we have competing with richly-funded state schools in football. Our athletic footprint is more like Duke than Alabama, OSU, etc.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back