Big Time Quote From Banda

if some of you had it your way, Sanguinetti would be a take over Bubba Bolden and Christian Williams, and Jalen Mitchell would be a take over Asa Martin. Miami should NEVER overlook SFL athletes PERIOD, however I don’t want us entering recruiting Battles with SFL Divas anymore, sick and tired of this team being trolled, and I’m one of the few who believes that the backbone of every national championship team is built off the strength and speed of Florida athletes, specifically South Florida athletes, but if they don’t want to be here, eff em.

Advertisement
A back-and-forth over something Miami is NOT going to do, and that is stop recruiting South Florida athletes hard.

Anybody that thinks that Miami is going to stop or they are going to deemphasize recruiting South Florida athletes, has a reading comprehension problem.

Yes maybe we get a few more OOS guys, but the lion’s share has to come from Florida and we all know that.

I think the way I read the comment was more along the lines of they have to do a better job of identifying which athletes are the ones that are playing the games, that are not really serious about coming to Miami even though they say they are, and then maybe go after different athletes whether they are local or not.

Jobe was a perfect example. Quite a few people knew that he was not serious about coming to Miami, except for our coaching staff. We need to do a better job of at least trying to identify these type of clowns early.

Anecdotal especially since every single one of them are still in school.

Show me another football state that has all of their top guys saying they’re leaning somewhere else?
14 out of the top 15 players in California left the state in the 2019 class.

The only thing anecdotal is posting 4 or 5 players that we aren't even recruiting that heavy & using it as an excuse to not recruit Florida.

We've offered 12 RB's in 2020 9 of them from OOS, the one we got the commit from is from Miami. Same with DB & WR.

The majority of the players in our 2020 class will be from Florida.

Advertisement
I agree with him. I don't take it as not recruiting Florida players but you can't just let these kids **** you around when there are ballers out of state, who would love to be here. Winning helps but it's not the cure all that some of y'all think it is.

Kids that want to be here will commit here. As far out as kids are committing nowadays, if we've been recruiting a kid for years and we're still begging and pleading for him close to signing day, then we need to move on. Or at least have contingencies.

Our classes should always be mostly from Florida but we have to supplement from other states and we need to be looking at them just as early as we are the instate kids. Can't keep letting the divas hold us hostage just to **** us in the end. What Banda said, needed to be said.

So we've officially given up our only historical recruiting advantage. Got it.

Let's see how it plays out.
What advantage? They bent over backwards for Stevenson. What did it get us? They did the same for Jobe and as soon as he dipped to bama he laughed at the school the coaches and the fan base. Hendo gets mad and leaves to the gates. He’s just weeding out the ones that string us along. Don’t think he said he wasn’t going to recruit here just basically said he’s not going to depend on them and find kids that won’t play the sofla bag chase game.

Dream school my ***.

Advertisement
A back-and-forth over something Miami is NOT going to do, and that is stop recruiting South Florida athletes hard.

Anybody that thinks that Miami is going to stop or they are going to deemphasize recruiting South Florida athletes, has a reading comprehension problem.

Yes maybe we get a few more OOS guys, but the lion’s share has to come from Florida and we all know that.

I think the way I read the comment was more along the lines of they have to do a better job of identifying which athletes are the ones that are playing the games, that are not really serious about coming to Miami even though they say they are, and then maybe go after different athletes whether they are local or not.

Jobe was a perfect example. Quite a few people knew that he was not serious about coming to Miami, except for our coaching staff. We need to do a better job of at least trying to identify these type of clowns early.
Jobe...

Bogle...

Keith Bryant...

Alex Collins...

etc...

It’s funny how 2020 is the first year in about 3 years where the headline recruit might actually be from South Florida all because we were screwed around by the top tier guys but they still want us to be screwed around with instead of spending a bit more resources trying to find kids that actually want to be here no matter where they’re from.

14 out of the top 15 players in California left the state in the 2019 class.

The only thing anecdotal is posting 4 or 5 players that we aren't even recruiting that heavy & using it as an excuse to not recruit Florida.

We've offered 12 RB's in 2020 9 of them from OOS, the one we got the commit from is from Miami. Same with DB & WR.

The majority of the players in our 2020 class will be from Florida.
And the other RB is probably coming from New York and one of those DBs is probably coming from out of SFL.

And stop saying Florida too. We’re not leaving the state for majority of our guys. You homers like to say that even though you made it up in your head.

"We're going to start looking a little broader," he said. "If a young man wants to play around, then fine. We are going to find the ones that want to be here badly."

Looks like the South Florida Divas aren't going to get the preferential treatment anymore. I love this attitude change.

Where is this quote from?
L:ink?
Thx.

Advertisement
We offer a south Florida player late and they say **** no we too late. We offer Williams from Alabama late he commits. We offered that wr that was bought by Georgia late and we was in it as well. I say open it up. If you look at our latest db offers you can see this

And the other RB is probably coming from New York and one of those DBs is probably coming from out of SFL.
We have a much better chance at landing Henry Parrish or another RB in state than we do at getting Lamy Constant.

Most of our OOS commits for 2020 will probably be on the OL & DT, but RB, WR, DB, LB & DE will be players in state & primarily from South Fla.

We offer a south Florida player late and they say **** no we too late. We offer Williams from Alabama late he commits. We offered that wr that was bought by Georgia late and we was in it as well. I say open it up. If you look at our latest db offers you can see this

Here’s a quote from Ivins:

“It was close with George Pickens. Like real close. I heard the night before National Signing Day that he was down to just Georgia and Miami. The Bulldogs obviously won out in the end.”

I’m willing to bet that if Coach Stubblefield would’ve been here longer than a month then we would’ve pulled a 5* WR from the heart of Bama/Auburn territory.

Advertisement
We have a much better chance at landing Henry Parrish or another RB in state than we do at getting Lamy Constant.

Most of our OOS commits for 2020 will probably be on the OL & DT, but RB, WR, DB, LB & DE will be players in state & primarily from South Fla.

1) We’re talking about Tirek Murphy (whinhas more offers than Lamy).

2) The bold is another problem we have. Are you really tell me that a 170 pound back that ran a lasered 4.66 and a horrible shuttle should be my next target? My lord...

"We're going to start looking a little broader," he said. "If a young man wants to play around, then fine. We are going to find the ones that want to be here badly."

Looks like the South Florida Divas aren't going to get the preferential treatment anymore. I love this attitude change.
About time I wish they had told Bogle to shove it once he decided to visit Florida.

1) We’re talking about Tirek Murphy (whinhas more offers than Lamy).

2) The bold is another problem we have. Are you really tell me that a 170 pound back that ran a lasered 4.66 and a horrible shuttle should be my next target? My lord...
I didn't say he should, I said we have a better chance at landing him than a OOS RB.

Advertisement
Back