Big Time Quote From Banda

That's actually pretty spot-on, IMO, as far as what needs to happen, at least first. There will always be divas and egos and bags and what-not, but you can't sell 7-6 to the top athletes in this area. Win the Coastal consistently, compete for the playoffs more years than not, and that blue-chip ratio will start to improve.

Thank you. A voice of reason.

We as fans can't be so entitled to expect elite kids to line up to come here when we've won 10 games once since 2003 (Some of these kids were barely even alive then...)

But the quote is directly addressing SFL Divas, Banda is alluding to this, it’s also not a coincidence that he says this the day after NSD when we get done dealing with one of the biggest SFL Divas in recent memory Khris Bogle. He’s not saying to give up on SFL recruits, neither is he saying that he expects them to be a shoe in for us, he’s saying that they will find athletes who want to be Canes regardless if they’re from SFL.

Advertisement
2001 called

Do you want me to take a message?

Before we get into a back and forth ****ing match, I need some clarification.

You're saying the core of our 2001 team was OOS kids?

Not the sprinkled in elite kids at certain positions, but the core?

you sir are what's wrong with the south Florida mentality.. Nobody and mean nobody begs as much as we do for recruits from our backyard.. If you wanna play, give away his ship and move on... Guess what, in a few years kids will stop using the U as way to get bags from SEC schools

That whole "WE ONLY WANT KIDS WHO ARE TRUE CANES! IF YOU DON'T WANT US, WE DON'T WANT YOU!" is fine and dandy.

I just hope you're ready to sit back and enjoy 7-9 wins for the next decade.

Advertisement
So we've officially given up our only historical recruiting advantage. Got it.

Let's see how it plays out.

The State of Miami existed no more once the internet and social media made the world a much smaller place.

Miami needs to look GLOBALLY (i.e. Down Under) for every athlete that helps the team win in a consistent and sustainable way.

If they come from SoFL, all the better, but not required.

Wake me up when recruiting "national" wins us a ring
735E6AC0-2731-4FFC-862E-D0D5F9CA9563.gif

Before we get into a back and forth ****ing match, I need some clarification.

You're saying the core of our 2001 team was OOS kids?

Not the sprinkled in elite kids at certain positions, but the core?
Go take a look. It’s in here somewhere.

Advertisement
The State of Miami existed no more once the internet and social media made the world a much smaller place.

Miami needs to look GLOBALLY (i.e. Down Under) for every athlete that helps the team win in a consistent and sustainable way.

If they come from SoFL, all the better, but not required.
Exactly, a lot very good football players would love to play in South Florida while our divas have grown up in paradise and no longer appreciate how amazing it is.

But they kinda are though lol

I mean the majority of the kids we lead for in the 2020 class are from Florida & not a lot OOS kids have visted yet, obviously it's still early but how many non FLA players do you guys actually think we're going to start landing?

I'm not against recruiting OOS at all, I'm 100% for it, I just don't understand this narrative from our fans thinking there's going to be some big time Renaissance of OOS kids coming to Miami, there really won't be. We'll get a few here & there but most of the kids we recruit will come from Florida.

I don't have any connections in recruiting but I was 90% sure we weren't getting any of the South Florida kids who we were recruiting hard and hadn't committed to us by September. The only one I thought we'd get was Ingraham and he silently committed to Miami but flipped. Bogle, Stevenson, Battle etc all made us look foolish.

You recruit the South Florida kids hard, you pitch to them about staying home and being part of the Miami tradition. But if they aren't willing to make a public commitment by a certain date we need the staff to focus on out to state kids who would appreciate playing for Miami. Move on.

To OOS Kids It's seems to be more of a privilege to play for the U, these Miami kids act like its their right.

Last edited:
Go take a look. It’s in here somewhere.

we will always get 10-15 south florida players a cycle but messing around with kids like Bogle, TS, TC, Surtain and Neal instead of getting a stud in another state is just stupid

Advertisement
Advertisement
we will always get 10-15 south florida players a cycle but messing around with kids like Bogle, TS, TC, Surtain and Neal instead of getting a stud in another state is just stupid

Or we could start doing OUR part and actually WIN. When Miami is "cool" again and we build up our clout, we'll get some of those kids. Not all, but some.

None are gonna come after 7-6 unless they're Duke Johnson.

Advertisement
Back