Big Time Quote From Banda

Even though FSU can do worse and Florida can do just as bad during different years (like w/ McShark****er) and still recruit kids with no issues?
This "just win" excuse is tired, man.
We're not Florida or FSU and never will be in terms of recruiting and resources.

Advertisement
Even though FSU can do worse and Florida can do just as bad during different years (like w/ McShark****er) and still recruit kids with no issues?
This "just win" excuse is tired, man.

Who said "just win"?

FSU won a title in 2013. Has been elite in the past 5 season.
UF won titles in 2006/2008. They're SEC and have been elite this decade. Strong season last year.

Miami last won a title 17 years ago. SEVENTEEN. Recruits were not born then. ****, they were barely alive when we last won 10 game (until 2017).

Rivals schools can call 2017 a fluke because we followed that up by going 7-6 and getting smoke in our bowl game.

Do I need to explain this further?

Some people on here are such ridiculous extremists.

I guarantee Banda wasn't implying they are going to stop recruiting South Florida and only a complete idiot would think that from that quote.

Of course we want to continue to recruit down here. But was has to stop is the ridiculous nonsense guys like Bogle, Jobe, Stevenson and some others have pulled here over the last few years. At some point you have to draw a line in the sand with recruits and let them know we will be patient as they wade through this important process but the trolling has to stop.

In my opinion the mindset that we are a fallback, Plan B or just the other hat on the table for kids to ignore has less to do with wins and losses than it does with the perception that we're willing to be taken for a ride every year.

We have to recruit with a mindest that we're going to find the best 25 guys in the country every year THAT WANT TO BE CANES. If all 25 are from Florida, then I'm all in with that. But if we have to look elsewhere to find them and at the same time stop getting played and diminishing the value of a ride from us, then I'm good with that too.

this seems like the old chicken or the egg scenario.

Miami became great because the kids from S.Fla decided to all stay home and put on for the home team.To do something great for their town.

Maybe if these S.Fla divas would stay home and do as the kids in the past did to make this program great there would be a lot more winning and a lot more championships.

Seems like this generation is all about "ME" and what can you do for "ME" as opposed to what they can do to make the home team great again..

Again..The Chicken or the Egg.
Perfectly said bro I agree

Advertisement
So we've officially given up our only historical recruiting advantage. Got it.

Let's see how it plays out.
Not even close to what he's saying. They aren't going to have a short board trusting the kids more instead they'll have a long list of guys and separate from thhe divas who play us. It's a boss mentality and its whats needed now

But they kinda are though lol

I mean the majority of the kids we lead for in the 2020 class are from Florida & not a lot OOS kids have visted yet, obviously it's still early but how many non FLA players do you guys actually think we're going to start landing?

I'm not against recruiting OOS at all, I'm 100% for it, I just don't understand this narrative from our fans thinking there's going to be some big time Renaissance of OOS kids coming to Miami, there really won't be. We'll get a few here & there but most of the kids we recruit will come from Florida.

This quote is for the kids who are going to handle the recruiting process like the Bogle's, Jobe's, Brownlee's, Keef Bryant's. You know who is talking to and about.

So we've officially given up our only historical recruiting advantage. Got it.

Let's see how it plays out.

If that’s how you see it, you’re dumber than the guy that wrote “Defense of”

Believe me nobody is walking away from South Florida or its athletes, it’s dumb to even think of that

Advertisement
Why is it black or white? I’m a “south Florida kids are better than everywhere else/I wish our team was made up of 100% south Florida kids” but I hope they start recognizing early on when they’re getting played and look elsewhere. Jobe and Stevenson were at more practices than some of our players.

The majority of our 2020 class is from South Fla, along with the majority of the current players on our team.

Thaiu Jones - Bell said Bama leads.

Kentron Poitier said his Bama offer made him freeze up to 247.

Marcus Rosemy is on his social media that Miami is a joke.

Henry Gray is up there loving Clemson and wearing their gear at camps

Marcus Dumervil said Bama’s offer is a game changer.

How many times do you need to see this? You know what’s even worse? We beat every single one of these schools when it came to offering them.

Advertisement

How many times do you need to see this?
None of those players are Miami commits & those aren't the only ones we're after.

Show me the quotes from the all OOS kids we lead for in this class?

"We're going to start looking a little broader," he said. "If a young man wants to play around, then fine. We are going to find the ones that want to be here badly."

Looks like the South Florida Divas aren't going to get the preferential treatment anymore. I love this attitude change.
Exactly what I’m hoping happens. Recruit these guys up to a point but if they don’t commit you move on and go after your plan b.

How many times do you need to see this? You know what’s even worse? We beat every single one of these schools when it came to offering them.
**** like this is what coaches are talking about like **** this is aggravating to see make the MIAMI offer a piece of **** worth nothing when it’s the home team

Advertisement
While I like the comment as well, the reality is winning cures everything. We have a few 10+ win seasons in a row and we'll land most of the top SoFla kids again. Miami has been dogsh-t every year current HS kids have been alive. Fact.

This thread will turn into an argument and go around and around.

Bottom line, the staff needs to understand when a kid is using them and conversely tell the kid to commit or kick rocks when its time to move on.

That being said, we of course have to continue recruiting our backyard, and frankly do so casting a wider-net so plan B kids or developmental prospects aren't ignored.

After all, recruiting is a relationship business, and both of the above points are central to that.

IMO Banda tried to throw a bomb, but the problem is at first glance, its really not a true alpha statement since we are not in a position of power (i.e. 7-6 and mired in mediocrity) RIGHT NOW

None of those players are Miami commits & those aren't the only ones we're after.

Show me the quotes from the all OOS kids we lead for in this class?

Anecdotal especially since every single one of them are still in school in their state and aren’t going to take visits.

Show me another football state that has all of their top guys saying they’re leaning somewhere else?

SFL kids will still be priority but you have to admit The U is held to a different standard than other colleges in SFL. Banda is saying that we will try to protect our home turf but we'll expand our horizon to make sure we are not left empty handed if the SFL players want to leave.

Seems pretty simple to me.

Advertisement
Back