Big Time Quote From Banda

Advertisement
How about this approach?

Stop going 7-6 and maybe there'll be less "games" with the local elites.

Just a thought.

Or how about this? If you're a recruit and you're not interested in Miami because they went 7-6, say "no thanks, I'd prefer to play for a school that had a better record" and not pretend you're going to sign there?

That's actually pretty spot-on, IMO, as far as what needs to happen, at least first. There will always be divas and egos and bags and what-not, but you can't sell 7-6 to the top athletes in this area. Win the Coastal consistently, compete for the playoffs more years than not, and that blue-chip ratio will start to improve.

Thank you. A voice of reason.

We as fans can't be so entitled to expect elite kids to line up to come here when we've won 10 games once since 2003 (Some of these kids were barely even alive then...)

I mean obviously you still recruit the highly touted recruits in South Florida and play that game to an extent with them because they are super talented. I think this is a message to the other kids that play certain games like Brownlee's and others like him. At least that's what I took from it.

Advertisement
That's actually pretty spot-on, IMO, as far as what needs to happen, at least first. There will always be divas and egos and bags and what-not, but you can't sell 7-6 to the top athletes in this area. Win the Coastal consistently, compete for the playoffs more years than not, and that blue-chip ratio will start to improve.
Obviously you can’t sell anything when we’ve NOT PUT THE CORRECT OFFENSE ON DISPLAY now we have that kids know we’re a sleeping giant y’all wake up and be some REAL CANES FANS !!!!

Advertisement
Hey....

DJ Johnson, Jarren Williams, Brevin Jordan, Jared Harrison-Hunte, Christian Williams and finishing second for George Pickens after recruiting him for 2 1/2 months say hi.

Wake me up when recruiting "national" wins us a ring

If you think Neal, Stevenson, Jeudy or Surtain would have made different decisions we had won 10 games for three straight years under Richt you’re really gullible.

You have absolutely no way of knowing that. I'm being objective. You're purely speculating.

Advertisement
But wait, weren't yall the same ones extra hype when Jaiden Francois & Don Chaney Jr committed?

Should we not accept anymore commits from Florida kids for 2020?

I think you got South Florida kids confused with Florida kids.

Don't be emotional.

I think most here would have no issues with a top 10 class every year.

Plus, we ended the season on a 3 game losing streak (getting our asses kicked by Clemson).

We'll lose some kids every year. Always have. But we can't turn our back on what makes us "us". We start winning 10 games every year and making post season noise, kids will want to come here.
I think we are just interpreting the quote differently. I take it as we are not playing the games with those like Bogle, Jobe, Lucas anymore. We need to start offering top talent OOS because there are chances that those kids are legitimately interested. ****, our best player on offense is from OOS. The portal guys we landed? OOS. Johnson the DE from Sacramento begged for an offer.

Richt did not offer the #1 recruit in the top 2020 class for what reason? Apparently Ringo, a 5* DB had actual interest in us but we never offered. The quote is more about going after top OOS kids as the SFL Divas play games.

Advertisement
How about this approach?

Stop going 7-6 and maybe there'll be less "games" with the local elites.

Just a thought.

FACTS!
It's no different than when chasing women. If you want the prize, you better speak the right confidence language (bag or winning). Otherwise be thought of as the nice guy who is always there when they're broke/hungry/lonely enough to go out on a quick date with right before they go and let the other dude smash in the middle of the night.

this seems like the old chicken or the egg scenario.

Miami became great because the kids from S.Fla decided to all stay home and put on for the home team.To do something great for their town.

Maybe if these S.Fla divas would stay home and do as the kids in the past did to make this program great there would be a lot more winning and a lot more championships.

Seems like this generation is all about "ME" and what can you do for "ME" as opposed to what they can do to make the home team great again..

Again..The Chicken or the Egg.

LCE you're smarter than this. Nobody here is saying that
But they kinda are though lol

I mean the majority of the kids we lead for in the 2020 class are from Florida & not a lot OOS kids have visted yet, obviously it's still early but how many non FLA players do you guys actually think we're going to start landing?

I'm not against recruiting OOS at all, I'm 100% for it, I just don't understand this narrative from our fans thinking there's going to be some big time Renaissance of OOS kids coming to Miami, there really won't be. We'll get a few here & there but most of the kids we recruit will come from Florida.

So we've officially given up our only historical recruiting advantage. Got it.

Let's see how it plays out.
you sir are what's wrong with the south Florida mentality.. Nobody and mean nobody begs as much as we do for recruits from our backyard.. If you wanna play, give away his ship and move on... Guess what, in a few years kids will stop using the U as way to get bags from SEC schools

Advertisement
Back