Big Time Quote From Banda

You do realize some of the BEST players to ever wear a U on their helmet didnt come from "the state of miami"??

Lol cmon man

Really? And who might that be?

Ray is from Polk County which is South of the I-4
ST is from Miami
Irvin is from Fort Lauderdale

Advertisement
Advertisement
What kills me about the south Florida divas is that if 25 of the best kids came to miami every year they would win national championships all the time. How can these kids not see that.

I think miami should really look into NJ and NY. I really like that DE and S from NJ and we should get a big back like Murphy from NY.

Advertisement
What kills me about the south Florida divas is that if 25 of the best kids came to miami every year they would win national championships all the time. How can these kids not see that.

they dont want to stay home. i always think of it like this. i was born and raised in miami and decided to go to UM for undergrad. i knew kids from hs that turned down UM w money to go to UCF FSU UF just to get away. i cant blame them tbh. no one wants to be stuck in the same place they grew up their entire lives

Advertisement
Really? And who might that be?

Ray is from Polk County which is South of the I-4
ST is from Miami
Irvin is from Fort Lauderdale
DJ
Ed
Jeremy
Kellen
Ken
Greg
Reggie
Russell Maryland
Jessie Armstead
Jim
Bernie
Vinny
Steve Walsh
Gino Toretta
Bryant McKinnie

Ingraham and Bogle silently committed in the spring. I'd say that's getting played.

You didn’t comprehend what I said. I said we get played. How do you “move on,” from the kids who play us? At what point were we goin stop recruiting Ingraham or Bogle before they chose other schools

DJ and KWII were TOP national recruits. We’d ALWAYS take those kids.

Shockey, McDougle were jucos. Totally different discussion. We SHOULD take more jucos.

Portis was a no brainer. Florida kid with tremendous talent who would have gone to UF if they’d offered him at RB. Simple evaluation. Good call, Butch.

Dorsey = CA QB. Sure. Always. No one disputes that.

Romberg was a Canadian Kehoe special. Is anyone seriously saying we should be heavily scouring Canada too here? I seem to recall Kehoe himself also brought in some useless Canadian OL later on. Maybe it’s about the evals, not Canada?

So your list comes down to Bibla (NJ) and Reed (LA). Maybe we can just agree that outside of Florida, NJ and LA are a couple areas to pay attention to. Or maybe we can quit using Ed Reed as an example of anything. He comes along once in ever. We won’t be back if we think we should recruit nationally because Ed Reed. Why not recruit more Hialeah kids because Ted Hendricks? That logic gets you nowhere. You need a plan, resources and evaluaton skills.
At the end of the day these guys were not S Florida guys who were keys to helping Miami win #5. Which proves my point that finding great talent outside of the state of Florida is a viable solution. I’d be fine with a 50/50 breakdown between S Florida kids and recruits from elsewhere.

Advertisement
At the end of the day these guys were not S Florida guys who were keys to helping Miami win #5. Which proves my point that finding great talent outside of the state of Florida is a viable solution. I’d be fine with a 50/50 breakdown between S Florida kids and recruits from elsewhere.
I disagree completely. The discussion isnt some hypothetical about whether there could be kids outsode of Florida who could play at Miami. Of course there are. We all understand that. The question for Miami is what should we actually do in recruiting. Like, where should we focus and prioritize? Should we run around the world trying to find Sherko and Romberg and Ed Reed? Or should we focus and prioritize, and be selective with what resources we spend chasing kids in other people’s back yards?

Recruiting jucos doesn’t tell you about Hs recruiting. I happen to think we should recruit more jucos. But different discussion. Most targets are not 8n Florida, and you’re selling them opportunity, not loyalty or what not. Recruiting top 5* kids like DJ is also not relevant to this discussion. No one here thinks we shou”d turn away a top top kid like that. And, again, QB is a different topic. No one is saying find most QBs in Florida.

The question is one of strategy. Where should we focus? How should we prioritize given scarce resources?

Hence my point. Recruiting jucos is not like recruiting hs kids, as far as process and focus. Smaller pool, most not fla schools, you’ve seen them as college players, you figure out your needs near term more than long term with them. Can’t take that many, either, in the new era of no oversigning.

Advertisement
Back