Big Picture Lemonade

Advertisement
We will struggle to get a win in October. I like you OP, but completely disagree with your assessment on things.

I'm not making a predictions though. Just saying what the standard should still be and that this moment was inevitably coming unless people thought we were winning out. Obviously it's extremely crushing in the manner it came but it was coming and it was always going to be under the pretense of a game we "should have won".
Of course no one thought that we'd be 12-0 but many people rightly thought that one of the losses wouldn't be to our rival playing the worst football they've played in years, for the 7th straight game in a row, setting a new record in the "rivalry."

Last night was disturbing and uninspiring.

Fair enough. But would/will it be any more disturbing than if we **** the bed against a Pitt or NC State? I'm just saying that if you adhere to the big picture standards you set going into this season and you're 4-0 and presumably the favorite in your remaining games at that point that ANY loss is going to seem like it shouldn't have occurred.

[]_[] swag;2655426 said:
[]_[] swag;2655380 said:
Exactly. We were gonna lose a game of two. This was the toughest game on the schedule. It stings, but a win next week and we're right back on track.

News flash! FSU lost at home to the team that is next on our schedule.....

So you're saying we can't win? UNC is not that good, i think the fsu game was an anomaly. We will be favored next week

We were "favored" last night and lost. If our offense plays anything like it did last night we may lose 4 straight. As I said before, the next three weeks will tell whether CMR is different or just what UGA thought he was......

I'm just curious..was the entire season resting on us beating fsu? I'm beginning to think that people will still be unsatisfied even if we win the coastal!

For me it was. That and ND

Idrgaf about winning the coastal and losing the ACC champ game

I'm just curious..was the entire season resting on us beating fsu? I'm beginning to think that people will still be unsatisfied even if we win the coastal!

A common sentiment. One that I don't necessarily agree with but definitely a prevalent one. Exacerbated by the fact that the scenario of a "good loss" to either of them or anybody left on our schedule no longer exists. Kinda the point of my thread. There weren't going to be any acceptable regular season losses left.

Advertisement
We will struggle to get a win in October. I like you OP, but completely disagree with your assessment on things.

I'm not making a predictions though. Just saying what the standard should still be and that this moment was inevitably coming unless people thought we were winning out. Obviously it's extremely crushing in the manner it came but it was coming and it was always going to be under the pretense of a game we "should have won".
Of course no one thought that we'd be 12-0 but many people rightly thought that one of the losses wouldn't be to our rival playing the worst football they've played in years, for the 7th straight game in a row, setting a new record in the "rivalry."

Fair enough. But would/will it be any more disturbing than if we **** the bed against a Pitt or NC State? I'm just saying that if you adhere to the big picture standards you set going into this season and you're 4-0 and presumably the favorite in your remaining games at that point that ANY loss is going to seem like it shouldn't have occurred.
Yes, more disturbing. We disagree on the magnitude of the FSU game. It was huge for the program going forward and is not at all comparable to any other game in the rest of the schedule. Agree to disagree here.

I think UNC is a pick em game at best and at VT on a short week? Lulz. Richt is about to get a big dose of ACC football. It ain't Ball Time.

There is nothing 'good' about losing a rivalry game...but...We all expected at least 1 loss, and even though this one stings, I can live with it we win out.

Advertisement
I think UNC is a pick em game at best and at VT on a short week? Lulz. Richt is about to get a big dose of ACC football. It ain't Ball Time.

Even if we smash UNC (and that's obviously a BIG if) we'd still be a dog at VT on a short week now. We'll still be favored this week though.

So if we had went 6-6 but had beaten fsu and nd the season would have been a success to you! Good to know!

Yes, more disturbing. We disagree on the magnitude of the FSU game. It was huge for the program going forward and is not at all comparable to any other game in the rest of the schedule. Agree to disagree here.

This.

Part of me hates citing an individual game as season or program defining, but the FSU game has always been the measuring stick for the UM program.

If you look back to 2010, when FSU rocked us at home, it was the turning point for that program and since then, both programs have gone in completely different directions.

Richt's playcalling was beyond concerning. I think [MENTION=32]AUcane[/MENTION] brought it up in a different thread, but many expressed concerns with Golden's defense early on in his tenure. Many have concerns with Richt on the offensive side of the ball.

This is an inexcusable loss, plain and simple. Any faqqots blaming the players Richt inherited from Fat Al need to STFU. This is an FSU team that has given up 34 to Ole ****, 63 to Loserville, and 35 to UNC and USF, but UM only musters 19 points and less than 80 yards in the second half. At home.

Pitiful.

Al, you got fired last year, you work in Detroit now.

I get it..the fsu game was your season. If we had gone 1-11 but had beaten fsu it would have been a banner season in your eyes. Dully noted.

Advertisement
Forget the box scores, what does a performance with 80 yds offense after half time adjustments tell us? We are still not very good. You guys keep talking about winning the coastal. Sucking and winning the coastal is still disheartening. Why, it's the sucking part that's hard, and the w/l column doesn't make watching crappy football any easier.

[]_[] swag;2655380 said:
Exactly. We were gonna lose a game of two. This was the toughest game on the schedule. It stings, but a win next week and we're right back on track.

+1

This.

Part of me hates citing an individual game as season or program defining, but the FSU game has always been the measuring stick for the UM program.

If you look back to 2010, when FSU rocked us at home, it was the turning point for that program and since then, both programs have gone in completely different directions.

Richt's playcalling was beyond concerning. I think [MENTION=32]AUcane[/MENTION] brought it up in a different thread, but many expressed concerns with Golden's defense early on in his tenure. Many have concerns with Richt on the offensive side of the ball.

This is an inexcusable loss, plain and simple. Any faqqots blaming the players Richt inherited from Fat Al need to STFU. This is an FSU team that has given up 34 to Ole ****, 63 to Loserville, and 35 to UNC and USF, but UM only musters 19 points and less than 80 yards in the second half. At home.

Pitiful.

When longterm judgments about coaching can be made is a subject for another debate (and certainly after 1 bad half isn't the answer) but the "inherited player" defense/justification is one that is comical to use in relation to any of our regular season games. I'm personally still all in on Rick and his staff but would caution those also with me from stretching too hard to defend him at every juncture or you'll end up wanting to kill yourself as anyone did that offered Alfredo one too many benefit of the doubts.

Advertisement
...Richt has to unf@ck himself offensively...

Or do the O players have to execute better?

Did Richt hold and get Walton's TD called back? Did he drop passes? Did he fail to protect Kaaya? Did he miss a block to allow the PAT failure?

We'll know more about the program in Y2, no question in Y3.

Just have to have patience, more promise and didaapointment ahead for sure...

...Richt has to unf@ck himself offensively...

Or do the O players have to execute better?

Did Richt hold and get Walton's TD called back? Did he drop passes? Did he fail to protect Kaaya? Did he miss a block to allow the PAT failure?

We'll know more about the program in Y2, no question in Y3.

Just have to have patience, more promise and didaapointment ahead for sure...

Oh shut the **** up

Advertisement
Back